Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

+3
goddy11
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 pm

South v Port
Sunday 4 June
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

South had a very rare home loss last week, while Port overran the Dogs at home. Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 29, 2017 8:46 pm

On what i saw yesterday the Power reserves will win easily, i'd expect South to respond somewhat but still think they'll be on the receiving end of a 8-10 goal loss...Brett Eddy to kick 7 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 8: South v Port - Sunday 4 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Mon May 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Yep the first edition of the Brett Eddy cup. I hope he knows which huddle to run to, he's attended most of our games this season! Cant see South providing too much opposition if they offer up an effort like yesterdays against Port.
It may be time for a couple of players to be relegated to the twos I think, with Redigolo and Abe Davis showing good form in the reserves they must surely be pushing for a league game.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Ports Interchange bench for this weekend.
INT: Summerton, Snelling, Toumpas, Ladhams, Krakouer

Guess who will play B grade?
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Toumpas is playing AFL tonight
Amon out with a knee injury
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:41 pm

mickyj wrote:Toumpas is playing AFL tonight

obviously a like for like, because despite what 'Sodas' said on tv i don't think Toumpas has been setting the world on fire, well not in the games i've seen the Power reserves play
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:30 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:Toumpas is playing AFL tonight

obviously a like for like, because despite what 'Sodas' said on tv i don't think Toumpas has been setting the world on fire, well not in the games i've seen the Power reserves play

not against his old SANFL team
Poor lad taken early in draft to melbourne then after not making the grade off to Port
Dont get me wrong maybe if he was drafted in Adelaide he may have had the growth of Smith Polec Knight
We wont know
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 pm

I think an all-AFL list will be too strong for South. I hope it remains close but think the power 2's will win by around 5 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:36 pm

bayman wrote:On what i saw yesterday the Power reserves will win easily, i'd expect South to respond somewhat but still think they'll be on the receiving end of a 8-10 goal loss...Brett Eddy to kick 7 goals

about right except Eddy kicked 3 from memory

it was like watching men playing against boys
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 pm

A disheartening day at the footy. Crunched in the first half by a fitter, faster, stronger and ultimately better team. Checked the stats at 1/4 time and from memory it was 32-13 in the tackle count Port's way, just far too dominant around the ball and restricted any clean movement from South.

At least stemmed the flow after the interval but the sting had been removed from the contest. 32 scoring shots to 17 suggests the margin could have been a lot more severe.

Crowd was relatively good, certainly the most black, white and teal I've seen at Noarlunga in many years.

It's highly irregular for a South supporter to watch draftees from their club in opposition colours. I didn't enjoy it.

Eagles next week @ Woodville. Need a response.
saintal
saintal

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum