Thiele
bayman
UncleHuey
scott
Bundy
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 3: West v Norwood - Friday 21 April @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 3: West v Norwood - Friday 21 April @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:44 pm

West v Norwood
Friday 21 April
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 4:30pm
League: 7:10pm

Both sides are coming off loses. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: West v Norwood - Friday 21 April @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 3: West v Norwood - Friday 21 April @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:51 pm

why is this match clashing with an afl match at the Adelaide Oval ?

this is a huge danger game for Norwood, on paper Norwood look winners, however i feel an upset could on the cards, i'll tip Norwood but i believe it'll be close, Norwood by 7 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: West v Norwood - Friday 21 April @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 3: West v Norwood - Friday 21 April @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 am

Once again, West can't select Izak Rankine, who will be in NZ with the AFL Academy.

Priorities.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 am

Legs 70pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:03 pm

WEST
West Adelaide is set to welcome back premiership wingman Taite Silverlock for its game against Norwood on Friday night.
Silverlock, who damaged his hamstring during the trial match period, is one of five inclusions into the Bloods’ 23-man squad.
He has been joined on the extended interchange bench by goalsneak Kenny Karpany and possible debutants Josh Stevens and Tom Pillion.
Pillion (19, 193cm and 73kg) is from Henley FC and originally started in the Eagles’ junior program.
Key position utility Ben Klemke has also been called up by coach Mark Mickan, to be named at full forward.
Luckless Daniel Webb has been sidelined by a knee ailment while Lachlan Peter and Nick Favretto were sent back to the Reserves.

League
F: Fielke, Klemke, J. Noble
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Batley, Haysman, Hill
HB: Wasley-Black, Wilson, Green
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino

R: Majok, Schiller, K. Stevens
INT: Karpany, Burgess, Silverlock, J. Stevens, Pillion
IN: Silverlock, Karpany, J. Stevens, Pillion, Klemke
OUT: Webb (knee), Peter, Favretto
Reserves
Favretto, Waite, Watchman, Peter, Carger, McPherson, J. Evans, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Iannucci, Goldner, I. Johnson, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Male, Beard, Lynch, L. Evans.
Under-18
Badger, I. Johnson, Eichner, Gutsche, Fazzalari, Alaeddin, May, Baker, Fairlie, Crump, Kennedy, Geddes-Ryan, Smith, Hay, McFarlane, Laube, Rugari, Kewell, Patterson, Smithson, Stidiford, Heitmann, Challis, Rana, Secker, Satanek, Dunkin.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

There will be an Anzac Service before the main Game
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Lee wrote:Once again, West can't select Izak Rankine, who will be in NZ with the AFL Academy.

Priorities.
It was good to hear Soders voice his opinion on this exact matter on 7's SANFL coverage last week I think, basically suggesting it was bullcrap and players should be (and would be far better off) playing for their club instead of these matches. Rare to hear those deeply entrenched in the AFL stick up for what's actually best for players and SANFL clubs.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 pm

scott wrote:
Lee wrote:Once again, West can't select Izak Rankine, who will be in NZ with the AFL Academy.

Priorities.
It was good to hear Soders voice his opinion on this exact matter on 7's SANFL coverage last week I think, basically suggesting it was bullcrap and players should be (and would be far better off) playing for their club instead of these matches. Rare to hear those deeply entrenched in the AFL stick up for what's actually best for players and SANFL clubs.

good to hear that, Fogerty has missed too along with (presumably others) surely playing against men in REAL games gives them more experience than some made up concept because recruiters get the players sent to them rather than doing the work & travelling to see these players under REAL match conditions & as i said in an earlier post, any recruiter worth his salt would be travelling the country & watching these players in normal match conditions
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:27 pm

I think the Legs will be too strong for Westies athough I could be closer then many think. Norwood by a couple of goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 pm

West seemed to have (without knowing the stats) as much of the ball as Norwood but turned it over numerous times, giving Norwood way too many opportunities & they took them
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:27 am

Not too far off I think Bayman. You certainly couldn't dispute West's commitment, I think they bashed and crashed with honesty all night and whilst both sides made numerous skill errors, I think Westies made a few more of them. For mine I thought Grigg (be surprised if doesn't pick up 3 Magarey votes), Roocke and Baulderstone were probably Norwood's best, yet surprisingly for the latter it wasn't so much hit-out related which is usually his strength. His opponent Majok, whilst still raw, looks a seriously bright prospect. Extremely athletic, he was more than competitive in the ruck, leaping all over his more experienced counterpart. Karpany looks a real talent, Wilson impressed me, and Keough was as solid as I remember him.

Whilst the clubs were missing 3 Jack Oatey medalists between them, I think Norwood have that bit more depth to handle it - basically West have been robbed of a season by the injury Gods. The scoreboard shows a good win by the Legs, but imho their lack of genuine forward targets is going to hurt them down the track.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:27 am

What happened to Wests fullback is he ok ?
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Not sure exactly who you're referring to Micky .. One of their players appeared to cop a knee to the back/kidney/ribs region in the last quarter and appeared to be in a lot pf pain, hope he's ok
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 pm

mickyj wrote:What happened to Wests fullback is he ok ?
Talking about Wilson the paper said his knee
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Another good win by West reserves 53 points in the end
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:What happened to Wests fullback is he ok ?
Talking about Wilson the paper said his knee

Saw it posted somewhere and they wrote Wests full back
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Sam likely to miss a game or 2 after his high bump on Daniel?

And another one from the same game to be looked at?
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Jake Wilson injured his medial ligament. Micky.

Scrunch, that's a fair summary. The big difference was the skill level of the 2 teams. The ruck contest was interesting. Baulderstone clearly won that position, but Chol Majok fought hard and has only played 3 SANFL League games and has only played footy for 5 years.

Some of West's decision-making led to many of Norwood's goals and that aspect needs to improve.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Sam Baulderstone has accepted a reprimand and a $200 fine for forceful front-on contact with Daniel Caire. 1 week reduced.

Assessed as low impact!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Sam's not really that type of player, so I'd say it was highly unintentional. But fact remains players must have a duty of care in those situations due to the potential for serious injury, and it didn't look great the first time I saw it, so he's probably a bit on the lucky side.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum