Big Phil
Paul
Scrunch
UncleHuey
bayman
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 19: South v Centrals - Saturday 29 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 19: South v Centrals - Saturday 29 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:46 pm

South faded away in their loss to Port, while Centrals got the job done over Glenelg.  This is the match many had been predicting for some time - an early Elimination Final as the winner takes 5th spot.  Will South shut out Centrals, or will Centrals complete their miraculous run to the finals, and be in the 5 for the first time this season in the final round of the season.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 19: South v Centrals - Saturday 29 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 19: South v Centrals - Saturday 29 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:59 am

Whoever wins this gets to play in the finals, the loser joins the rest of the also rans for this season.

Tipping South only because they are my team and its a home game, South by 3pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 19: South v Centrals - Saturday 29 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 19: South v Centrals - Saturday 29 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Southee Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Have not beaten Central at Noarlunga since 2006 !

Not the greatest stat I needed to know Shocked Shocked Shocked
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Southee wrote:Have not beaten Central at Noarlunga since 2006 !

Not the greatest stat I needed to know Shocked Shocked Shocked

well that's made my mind up, South by 8 points because they're overdue to beat Central at home
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 pm

South at home by 2 goals. Be good to see them in the finals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Should be a beauty .. Leaning toward the Dogs in a thriller
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:13 am

South by 59 in a fizzer

Eddy to kick 7
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:17 am

Paul wrote:South by 59 in a fizzer

Eddy to kick 7

Doggies fans will no doubt be hoping your selection will be as about as close as the Round 12 Norwood v Central tip you made, mate Wink

http://www.talkingfootysa.com/t2904-round-12-norwood-v-centrals-saturday-4-july-coopers-stadium

Paul wrote:Norwood by 63

I think it will be a lot closer than that and should be a great game. Also good to see that it is getting covered on Television...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 pm

Wow, South fans must be shattered. On a selfish note I'm glad we won't be coming up against them in finals.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Bitterly disappointed to say the least.

Was not able to be at todays game, was trying to watch the game on TV, the reception on 7mate was shocking where I am at Pt Turton, it was coming through in 1 second bursts every 5 seconds.

We were not good enough in the final wash up, although finished the game off strongly, the close games throughout the year that we couldn't win cost us dearly.

This year has not been a dead loss, we have given younger lads a shot at proving they are capable next year of putting pressure on those above them with the amount of injuries that have happened to key players recently.

To make a bigger impact next season, we do have to find better avenues to goal as kicking 10 goals a match will not see too many victories.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:02 am

Flag No.9 wrote:Wow, South fans must be shattered. On a selfish note I'm glad we won't be coming up against them in finals.

Speechless mate !

Drove the car home with the eyes welling up ......Crying or Very sad

Bloody hell it is tough being a South supporter.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:44 am

Yeah Southee, a couple of weeks ago I thought your mob were capable of going all the way.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Very disappointed that the season is over, I keep coming back to round one when we got a full strength AFL list in Port Adelaide on the Friday night and got smashed accordingly. We played some good games this season, yet not enough to participate in the SANFL finals. Will likely barrack for West Adelaide for the remainder of the series and hope they can somehow find a way to get up and win it from here.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Bitterly disappointed in finishing our season this early. We were in the 5 for all but 3 weeks of the season. The draw against centrals, the 1pt loss to West and the game cancelled v The Crows when the lights faded a bit, when they only had about 10 afl listed players available cost us dearly in the end.
injuries, most of them pretty serious , seemed almost a daily occurence over the last 3 weeks, but we still found a way to beat West and Norwood in that time, and go down narrowly to the dogs on the weekend. Bizarre injuries- Redigolo slipped in the shower and tore tendons in his elbow, Fraser Dale kicked by a horse- and has a serious fracture to leg just above the knee, plus mids, Rolfe,Liddle and Veide going down didnt help either.
A pretty disappointing result, finals in consecutive years would have been a great tonic to us long suffering supporters of the club. The better news is that Brad Gotch is with us for the next 2 years, hopefully with a fit playing list, a couple of good recruits and a bit of luck for a change we'll see September action in 2016.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down