Ben W
BloodnTars
Aceman
Paul
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 9: Norwood v West - Sunday 7 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 9: Norwood v West - Sunday 7 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Norwood had the kicking yips but scraped over the line against North, while West were in the lead at the right time when they defeated South. Who will come away with the points this weekend?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Norwood v West - Sunday 7 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 9: Norwood v West - Sunday 7 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 pm

no junior footy this week so i'm looking forward to this one, obviously ins 7 outs will be crucial but right now i'd tip Norwood in a close one only because it is being played at the Parade
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Norwood v West - Sunday 7 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 9: Norwood v West - Sunday 7 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:51 pm

I reckon Westies will have a rare win at the Parade by 5 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Norwood by 28
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Should be a cracker as along as we play our attacking game
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:58 am

Dont know why because we havnt been great this last month but think we might just get over the line. We seem to be able to grind out results, us by a goal
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Aceman wrote:Dont know why because we havnt been great this last month but think we might just get over the line. We seem to be able to grind out results, us by a goal

i'm not sure about the last month but isolating back to last Saturday i'd say it is a combination of players out & North having a decent crack at it
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Will be in Melbourne on the weekend but will be following on the app.

Hopefully we play as we have for most of the year and fall into the trap of playing the way we have against Norwood the last dozen or so times.

Either side by less than a kick.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Match of the round, Westies by 14pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:26 am

Think West will have set themselves for this one and probably have the better form, so will go for them by 8 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Watching the waves go by in Norway, Westies lose by a goal. Seemed a good game. Helbig injured early?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Lee wrote:Watching the waves go by in Norway, Westies lose by a goal. Seemed a good game. Helbig injured early?

Ezard injured before half time which obviously cut down Westies' rotations, not sure about Helbig & yes it was a great game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:39 pm

I think Helbig had the flu during the week and may have spent sometime in hospital. I don't think he was injured.Ezard hurt his shoulder again. Hope he is ok as it might be career over.
West kicked three late goals after Norwood broke the game open by kicking three goals at the start of the last qrt
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:46 pm

well it was a great & entertaining match to watch

Ronald MacDonald was there today & i learnt today he is a left footer, back to the game, while either team was going to be stiff to lose the way the game was played, i think had Ezard not been injured before half time the game would have likely been won by West, Norwoods' last 8-10 minutes was interesting to say the least, when they finally got on top & got to a 4 goal lead, they started letting the West players know about it in a physical manner &also started to save the game by playing ultra defensive & finally a team did what is obvious, they went one on one (which had happened on & off throughout the day) & made Norwood go forward & forced turnovers & resulted in a mini comeback which nearly snatched victory, had the umpire agreed with the Westies' players deep in Westies' goal square for holding the ball then we would have had a draw, i was in the grandstand at the other end of the ground so i can't say whether it should or should not have been paid as it was too far away from me, looking to September if we get games like that we will have a great finals series, today Norwood got the points but the winner was real footy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Think middleton played with hamstring problem from half time and keough wad a late out too
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Sorry seems yo gave posted twice
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:53 pm

mark beswick wrote:Think middleton played with hamstring problem from half time and keough wad a late out too

with a broken toe the boys said on the radio...strap it & play, i bet they would if it was a final Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Think he wanted to play today
Riley milne should be close to resuming we need a little more experience and height

Shame the u18 carnival goes on forever we could really use haysman Snelling agostino and Francis

I thought todays game was the best norwood west game for a very long time. The pressure acts from both sides was great and did cause lots of errors

i know Newton was out for norwood who else norwood fans could you expect back in the next month or so?
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:57 pm

mark beswick wrote:Sorry seems yo gave posted twice  
Fixed Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Not much else to come in for Norwood. Wilkins, Newton and maybe McInnes although he's a bit of an unknown quantity at this stage. I felt Norwood held the edge at the clearances, but there was a few times a coupla Westies lads snuck goal side when the ball didn't come out to them, but had it, then they were in. Despite the score line West look to set up more offensively than they have in recent years and I've got a feeling it will hold them in good stead. Good result for Norwood in terms of the ladder, but improvement is required and I can see West being a genuine challenger.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Crowd = 3985.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Great game of Football. Really proud of the Bloods today. Cant wait for the re-match at Richmond
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum