UncleHuey
Bundy
BloodnTars
Paul
Thiele
Brucetiki
15 posters

Go down

Round 6: West v North - Saturday 9 May @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 6: West v North - Saturday 9 May @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 04, 2015 7:16 pm

A very good third quarter saw West overcome Centrals, while North were no match for Sturt. Will it be another solid win for West, or will North find some lost form and notch up the win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: West v North - Saturday 9 May @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 6: West v North - Saturday 9 May @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 pm

West will win easily, North have key players out & not much depth, Westies' by 10 goals +
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 6: West v North - Saturday 9 May @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 6: West v North - Saturday 9 May @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Flag No.10 Tue May 05, 2015 7:21 am

North always trouble us, if not beat us. 10 goal wins against them are few and far between. I'd be happy just winning.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

bayman wrote:West will win easily, North have key players out & not much depth, Westies' by 10 goals +
Even if we don't kick straight
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed May 06, 2015 8:15 am

North by 6 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 06, 2015 11:00 pm

West's selectors will be having massive headaches this week as they try and fit Tuck and possibly Hardy back into the team this week. Hartlett will probably miss but no-one else deserves to be dropped. North were poor last week and are likely to be without James Craig. He will probably be replaced with Mitch Curnow who struggled to get a game for Sturt reserves last year.

Unfortunately I have to work so will be keeping a keen eye on the scores when I can.

Bloods by 6 goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 am

Bloods by 66pts To much pace and fitness.The skill side we may just be in front ?????
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Westies by 32 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 am

Westies form is pretty good at the moment whilst North still seem to be unsettled. West by 24pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 pm

West are alot better than I thought they would be and North alot worse. West by 7-8 goals
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 09, 2015 8:55 pm

West Adelaide 19.12 (126)
thrashed
North Adelaide 7.6 (48)

Yes I tipped Westies but did not think they would roll them by 78pts..

Ominous signs looming at North Adelaide. Westies are good, but are they that good?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat May 09, 2015 9:25 pm

West keep winning. West keep on being under-rated.

Big problems at North?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat May 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Westies that good ?? Or North that bad ??

I'm on Westies being good .... Just coasting along very nicely at the moment and could surprise come finals time. ( they will make it IMO )
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Lee wrote:West keep winning. West keep on being under-rated.

Big problems at North?

three key players missing two brothers & a Lewis & that'll straighten them up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 pm

bayman wrote:West will win easily, North have key players out & not much depth, Westies' by 10 goals +

Cool Cool
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun May 10, 2015 8:37 am

Lee wrote:West keep on being under-rated
I think the start to the year they have had has surprised many, but the media are certainly starting to acknowledge they are building something good.

Who else is underrating them, Lee?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 10, 2015 11:57 am

All those who tipped them to finish bottom 3, Phil.

A bit shallow, I thought, given they finished top 3 the two years before that and had recruited well.

No drama, though, it's all just a guess and they're waking up now.

Good article by Kym Morgan, who tipped us to ginish last.

All forgiven, Kym Very Happy

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun May 10, 2015 2:05 pm

Lee wrote:All those who tipped them to finish bottom 3, Phil.

A bit shallow, I thought, given they finished top 3 the two years before that and had recruited well.

No drama, though, it's all just a guess and they're waking up now.

Good article by Kym Morgan, who tipped us to ginish last.

All forgiven, Kym   Very Happy

With respect, I think you might be making too much of it. Unfortunately someone has to get selected to finish bottom or 2nd bottom, and people generally make these selections (read: guesses, as you said) based on prior seasons form and list changes. All the while having to compare with other clubs that also looked to have improved their list. Tough gig.

Under that criteria I think it immediately ruled out at least 5 clubs.

Personally I like it when my club is underrated.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun May 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Back to the game - it gives me no joy to report that the SANFL's radio broadcast of it was simply appalling. In terms of player identification it made Dennis Browne sound like a Mastermind Champion whose special topic was current SANFL players.
For anyone, like me, who was following the game via Champion Data's live stats, it would have been just as informative and more enjoyable if they had not called the game and just broadcast the sound of the crowd from the effects microphones. Not good enough by a very long stretch.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 10, 2015 10:15 pm

I was just answering Phil's question, Scrunch. A bit of banter only, given our conversations. As we both say, its all just an opinion and I thought some early opinions were a bit dismissive.

It doesn't matter much, agreed.

F9, I listened to it at the game for about 10 seconds. They called 2 players. Both incorrect.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 am

Flag No.9 wrote:Back to the game - it gives me no joy to report that the SANFL's radio broadcast of it was simply appalling. In terms of player identification it made Dennis Browne sound like a Mastermind Champion whose special topic was current SANFL players.
For anyone, like me, who was following the game via Champion Data's live stats, it would have been just as informative and more enjoyable if they had not called the game and just broadcast the sound of the crowd from the effects microphones. Not good enough by a very long stretch.

listened for a few minutes, couldnt work out who was calling but it all sounded very jumbled.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 11, 2015 8:28 am

Will be interesting to see how good the quality of the depth is for the Bloods when the State U/18 Championships kick off and they lose a couple of these impressive kids that have featured amongst their best players regularly.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down