Country Cock !
Southee
Paul
Ben W
Flag No.10
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3: Glenelg v Centrals - Friday 17 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 3: Glenelg v Centrals - Friday 17 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Both sides have yet to open their Premiership Point account to date. Which side will be able to do this Friday night?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Glenelg v Centrals - Friday 17 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Centrals - Friday 17 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:35 pm

Central easily, Alleway out suspended & another with a serious arm injury (not sure whether this has been announced yet so i won't name him) means an easy 40+ points win to Central
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Glenelg v Centrals - Friday 17 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 3: Glenelg v Centrals - Friday 17 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:49 am

The Bays do seem to be pretty dangerous for extended periods though so far, so you'd expect them to get over the line at some stage.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:29 am

bayman wrote:Central easily, Alleway out suspended & another with a serious arm injury (not sure whether this has been announced yet so i won't name him) means an easy 40+ points win to Central

Max Proud - Busted Wrist

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2886/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:17 am

The loss of those players is a big blow to the Bays. Alleway is nearly their most important player, in a side that lacks dangerous height.

This might be a season that many new coaches have when appointed to a lower side. Difficult decisions need to be made and better, more targeted recruiting, so that Glenelg can head in a specific, planned direction.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 am

Is Kirkby still at the Bay?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Will go with Central District even though its the Bays home match, that said I still don't think the Bays are far away from their first win of the season. Dogs by 16pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Scrunch wrote:Is Kirkby still at the Bay?

living in London.....maybe next year
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:Central easily, Alleway out suspended & another with a serious arm injury (not sure whether this has been announced yet so i won't name him) means an easy 40+ points win to Central

Max Proud - Busted Wrist

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2886/

yep, i didn't know if it was officially announced & so i would not divulge a confidence i was trusted with
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:14 pm

bayman wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Is Kirkby still at the Bay?

living in London.....maybe next year

Thanks
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Central by 15
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Reckon the Bays will jag this one.

Bays by 10 points.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Centrals 1 point !
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Glenelg without Alleway is a real worry, so Central, but again, not by much.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Weather could really heighten or lessen Alleways absence
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 pm

i don't know about the actual oval but i can tell you it rained most of the afternoon on Jetty Road & hasn't stopped in the Glenelg North area since i got home from work, even the back yard is looking like a swimming pool
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:10 am

Expect a couple of late changes, at least, for the Dogs, with Retzlaff and Goodrem likely to not be playing tonight...

Means that State Under 18's player Connor McLean is likely to get his League debut for the Bulldogs this evening...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Quite an intriguing game unfolded at the Bay tonight.

Glenelg were all over Centrals early on, kicking the first 4 goals of the game. Then Centrals gained the momentum, and hit the lead right on the half time siren. The third quarter was all Centrals as they kicked 5.3 to nothing. By the time Edmead kicked the opening goal of the last quarter, Centrals had kicked 11 of the last 12 and the margin was out to 40 points. With the sting in the game gone, Glenelg kicked the last 4 goals of the game, but it would be Centrals night, winning by 15 points.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:59 pm

if Glenelg ever play a full 4 quarter game they could beat ''anyone'' however lapses in concentration & no idea how to gain ascendancy back after losing it cost Glenelg dearly, the final margin was a just one & the question of fitness may've been answered as Glenelg kicked 4.6 to 1.4 in the last quarter which showed some fight rather than just roll over & die like we've seen in the past, as i said the margin was a just one & Central worked harder for longer than what we did & therefore gained the win.....agree with almost everything Brucetiki posted above
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 am

bayman wrote:if Glenelg ever play a full 4 quarter game they could beat ''anyone''

Yeah nah
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 am

bayman wrote:if Glenelg ever play a full 4 quarter game they could beat ''anyone'' however lapses in concentration & no idea how to gain ascendancy back after losing it cost Glenelg dearly, the final margin was a just one & the question of fitness may've been answered as Glenelg kicked 4.6 to 1.4 in the last quarter which showed some fight rather than just roll over & die like we've seen in the past, as i said the margin was a just one & Central worked harder for longer than what we did & therefore gained the win.....agree with almost everything Brucetiki posted above

Not doing much in the middle quarters might have helped them run the game out better?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:15 am

Scrunch wrote:
bayman wrote:if Glenelg ever play a full 4 quarter game they could beat ''anyone''

Yeah nah

what i'm saying is there best is good enough to beat most of the teams unlike the last couple of seasons or so, however they won't win matches unless they play a full four quarter game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:06 am

Astonishingly low number of disposals by a winning side here. Centrals had just 230 disposals, easily the fewest of any side, winning or losing, in the round, with 10 players having fewer than 10 disposals. Can anyone explain this?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 am

I have to agree with Bayman, the Bays look a very drilled side in patches, yet then fade away. Intensley frustrating as like you say if they could put it together and I suspect they will sooner rather than later, they would run right over the top of their opposition.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:43 pm

i was a bit bemused that there was no banner for Paul Thomas' 250th.....................anyone know why there wasn't ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next