Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL

+4
bayman
spell_check
Lee
Ben W
8 posters

Go down

Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL  Empty Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL

Post by Ben W Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Interesting appointment, he won two flags at Central District in 2004 & 2005. His dad is a former CDFC player who played 135 matches for the doggies, he was drafted to West Coast after the 2005 Premiership and has since played 151 matches for West Coast.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-12-08/shannon-the-skipper
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL  Empty Re: Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL

Post by Lee Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:51 am

Congrats to him, great effort.

How many SANFL players have gone on to captain AFL (or VFL) clubs?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL  Empty Re: Former CDFC Player to Captain the West Coast Eagles in the AFL

Post by bayman Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Kernahan, Mcguiness, Bickley & McDermott immediately spring to mind, i would think there would be some more players as well as though, oh just thought of Wanganeen & Tredrea as well
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Some more:

Mark Mickan
Mark Williams
Matthew Pavlich
Simon Goodwin
Mark Ricciuto
Tom Harley
Bernie Smith
Luke Darcy
Matthew Rendell
Nathan Bock was acting captain for Gold Coast
Craig Bradley
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Todd Viney
Nathan Buckley
Phil Davis
Michael Long
Wayne Carey (ok.....bit of cheating on that one)
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Primus
Wanganeen
Tredrea
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Scrunch wrote:Primus
Wanganeen
Tredrea

with respect, does Primus count ? seeing he was at Fitzroy before joining Norwood
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:26 am

bayman wrote:
Wanganeen
Tredrea

with respect, does Primus count ? seeing he was at Fitzroy before joining Norwood
Think he was Fitzroy after Norwood .. Might have been in Geelongs system pre-Norwood, can't remember, but don't think he played any AFL games prior to lobbing at the Parade. Happy to be corrected though.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 am

Scrunch wrote:
bayman wrote:
Wanganeen
Tredrea

Think he was Fitzroy after Norwood .. Might have been in Geelongs system pre-Norwood, can't remember, but don't think he played any AFL games prior to lobbing at the Parade. Happy to be corrected though.

if your correct about Fitzroy after Norwood i stand corrected an apologize, i would have sworn it was the other way round, however getting old & memories aren't as good as they once were
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:34 pm

I know how you feel Bayman
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Fitztroy drafted Primus from Norwood.

edit: his only year at Fitzroy, was their last in 1996 before Power took him for their inaugral season.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Simon Goodwin....?
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Malcolm Blight?
Think Michael Taylor was VC at Collingwood for a bit, not sure if he ever captained any games.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Funnily enough, Blight never captained North. He was coach with Schimmlebusch captain.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:13 am

Norm Clark
Born in Norwoods first premiership season
Won the Stawell Gift in 1899
Played in North Adelaides first 2 Premierships 
Played in Carltons first 3 premierships

Before he left NA to play for CA this was the NA half back line in some games
Claxton-Jones-Clark
Claxton has a baseball comp named after him
Jones played cricket for Australia

Norm Clark captained Carlton
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm

TOM QUINN

Tom Quinn played For Port Adelaide 1928-1930
Played for Geelong 1931-1940
During his Geelong stint he captained the team

RALPH ROGERSON

Ralphs sequence of football clubs was
North Adelaide
East Perth
Fitzroy

He joined Fitzroy in 1964 and captained the team in 1965 until St Kildas first VFL  premiership season

Ralph Rogerson is a cousin to a couple of SANFL footballers who have either played or coached the SANFL club who has won the last 3 SANFL premierships
Graham Molloy 
Trevor Hill
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum