Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.

+6
Chambo Off To Work We Go
testy
Aceman
Ben W
countrycousin
Booney
10 posters

Go down

Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.  Empty Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.

Post by Ben W Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Media statement from Woodville West Torrens,

Petrenko Update
26/02/2015 ·
The WWTFC can confirm that Jared Petrenko will join Essendon today on a short term contract and be used as a ‘Top up player’ during the AFL NAB Cup.

The WWTFC and Essendon reached an agreement yesterday in which the terms and conditions of the contract provide both Petrenko and the Eagles sufficient security.

At the conclusion of the NAB Cup period the Eagles, Jared and Essendon will discuss the potential of Jared remaining at Essendon during the AFL regular season if he is required.

Football Manager Trent Hentschel said “It’s certainly not ideal from a timing perspective to be without a player of Jared’s quality at this time of the year even if it might only be for 3 weeks. In saying that we understand Jared’s decision and we are comfortable with the terms and conditions surrounding the agreement. With so much uncertainty surrounding the futures of the Essendon players it is very difficult to forecast or plan Jared’s position beyond the NAB Cup period so we will cross that bridge towards the back end of the NAB Cup. As it currently stands if Jared is not selected by Essendon for a match he will be available for selection for the Eagles.”

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/?p=30541
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.  Empty Re: Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.

Post by br Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:59 am

Petrenko is getting more media now than when he was playing for the Crows Shocked

I suspect he will be known as a solid SANFL player.
br

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.  Empty Re: Petrenko to Essendon for the NAB cup and beyond.

Post by Booney Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 am

So Essendon have players banned, but they can just bring players in to replace them?

The AFL, you're drunk, go home.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:36 am

So they haven't been found guilty yet but can band players and replace them.

Are all these replaced players being paid within their salary cap?

Maybe all the other clubs should ban their players and replace them with whoever they want.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:00 am

What do WWT do with the $25-30k they had set aside for Petrenko, who, despite being a "home grown" product would be considered a marquee signing in the SANFL?

They can't go and spend it somewhere else, they can't recruit someone the ilk of Petrenko at this level at this time of year. So they're only paying out 80-90% of their already meagre salary cap allowance while other clubs are paying 100%(+).

So Essendon compensate WWT in any way? If yes, is that on Essendons salary cap?

I thought this mess couldn't get any worse but the events of the last few weeks make me think the cesspool is deeper than any of us imagined.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:So they haven't been found guilty yet but can band players and replace them.

Maybe all the other clubs should ban their players and replace them with whoever they want.

It's coming mate, never doubt it. Not just banning players, but replacing them at will from the "Feeder Leagues", for any reason at all. As for this other strange term you've used "Salary Cap". Oh yes of course, that's something you only worry about if you happen to get caught. Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:34 pm

countrycousin wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:So they haven't been found guilty yet but can band players and replace them.

It's coming mate, never doubt it. Not just banning players, but replacing them at will from the "Feeder Leagues", for any reason at all. As for this other strange term you've used "Salary Cap". Oh yes of course, that's something you only worry about if you happen to get caught. Rolling Eyes
Was mentioned on radio that the AFL has given Essendon "extra" cap space to allow for the top ups.
Did also hear Gillon say that depending how this trial goes he cant see any reason why in the future AFL sides will be able to borrow players from state leagues on short contracts for not only the NAB but regular season
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by br Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Aceman wrote:
countrycousin wrote:

Was mentioned on radio that the AFL has given Essendon "extra" cap space to allow for the top ups.
Did also hear Gillon say that depending how this trial goes he cant see any reason why in the future AFL sides will be able to borrow players from state leagues on short contracts for not only the NAB but regular season

I'm an advocate for any SANFL player getting promoted to the AFL under any circumstances.

As much as I love the SANFL we all just need to come to terms with the fact we are a "feeder league" to the Big Show. The stronger the AFL, the more kids and their families are drawn to the game and the better the future of footy will be.
br

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 pm

No wonder I am becoming more and more ambivalent to following football in general.

If you follow any side with passion, you just get your heart ripped out by the game's custodians cultivating the rules to suit their own agendas.

And whatever they are, I will not accept is for the good of the game - sanfl or afl.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by br Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:No wonder I am becoming more and more ambivalent to following football in general.

If you follow any side with passion, you just get your heart ripped out by the game's custodians cultivating the rules to suit their own agendas.

And whatever they are, I will not accept is for the good of the game - sanfl or afl.

Chambo...I reckon just stay focused "on the park" rather than all the bu@#sh*& off it. A D/Blues supporter has a lot to be passionate about at the moment mate (regardless of the rules)!!!
br

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Aceman wrote:

if this happens that will be the day i give up completely, my passion is nowhere near what it was, so i will be going to just Glenelg games from now on as i can't afford or justify an extra $14.00-$28.00 or $42.00 for the extra one, two or three games every weekend,  i will still go to Glenelg games because i enjoy watching a contest & my team, however this (above) will break the camels back & i'll stop going full stop, i have no interest in a Victorian based & biased competition or indeed an sanfl who will have team lists chopping & changing throughout a season, this will cost teams a premiership & isn't that what EVERY SANFL club is striving for ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:11 am

I suggested several years ago that we would see both mid season trading and player loaning in AFL/SANFL as is the case in the English Premier League and I put it to you that this season marks the begining of a formal player loaning arrangment...
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Hearing that Petrenko has signed with Essendon's VFL side for remainder of year and isnt coming back, any truth?
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Ben W wrote:I suggested several years ago that we would see both mid season trading and player loaning in AFL/SANFL as is the case in the English Premier League and I put it to you that this season marks the begining of a formal player loaning arrangment...

Well firstly its not mid season and I can't see any comparison.
The Bombers are in the midst of a unique situation and this is all I see it as.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Aceman wrote:Hearing that Petrenko has signed with Essendon's VFL side for remainder of year and isnt coming back, any truth?

I doubt it. Assuming that he's signed a contract with WWT then he'd have to have been cleared by them to Essendon (VFL).
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Aceman wrote:Hearing that Petrenko has signed with Essendon's VFL side for remainder of year and isnt coming back, any truth?

I doubt it. Assuming that he's signed a contract with WWT then he'd have to have been cleared by them to Essendon (VFL).

Still time for a clearance. I've actually heard the same, but not sure on the reliability of the source.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 am

Well it'd be a bit messy if he's signed two contracts with two state league teams.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Nothing would surprise me these days, even if that happened.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Well it'd be a bit messy if he's signed two contracts with two state league teams.
Not really if they have relevant clauses I'd imagine. Hope for the Eagles and SANFL's sake these rumours aren't true.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by br Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Ben W wrote:I suggested several years ago that we would see both mid season trading and player loaning in AFL/SANFL as is the case in the English Premier League and I put it to you that this season marks the begining of a formal player loaning arrangment...

I am an advocate for this idea. Enable high performing players every opportunity to be promoted to the AFL. This could aid in ensuring players are motivated to perform every week.

More opportunities for sanfl players to forward their footy careers the better.
br

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:51 pm

br wrote:

I am an advocate for this idea. Enable high performing players every opportunity to be promoted to the AFL. This could aid in ensuring players are motivated to perform every week.

More opportunities for sanfl players to forward their footy careers the better.

i was absolutely dead against this idea but ''br'' you points are very valid & well thought through, i can actually see some merit in it & will add that some of the players that ''go bush'' for cash may stay in the system longer, you've certainly given me food for thought
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:Well it'd be a bit messy if he's signed two contracts with two state league teams.
Not really if they have relevant clauses I'd imagine. Hope for the Eagles and SANFL's sake these rumours aren't true.

What sort of relevant clauses Scrunch?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:56 am

Basically that the SANFL contract becomes void if AFL opportunity arises I would guess. Might be that he doesn't have an AFL or VFL contract in place, but if he wants to go there under advice from an AFL club I'd be surprised if the Eagles (or any SANFL club) stood in his way
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:38 pm

State league club contracts defer to the AFL anyway, but he can only be contracted to one state league club at a time. So if he's signed with Essendon's VFL side it would effectively be meaningless (without a clearance), as he has a pre-existing contract (presumably) with WWT.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:58 pm

And I'd reckon if he wanted to play in the VFL under advice that it was his best chance of resuming an AFL career, WWT would clear him. Whichever way you look at it, contract or not, the AFL and it's clubs generally get what they want
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum