Motivation

+2
Big Phil
Scrunch
6 posters

Go down

Motivation Empty Motivation

Post by Lee Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:37 am

North have announced that Matty Campbell has given SANFL away, quoting lack of motivation.

A big blow for North, but it opens the question about the amount of commitment required and the rewards on offer to play SANFL.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Motivation Empty Re: Motivation

Post by Scrunch Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Yes that really is a big blow for the Roosters. Campbell could be impossible to match up on at times with his line breaking, leg speed and ball skills.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Scrunch wrote:Yes that really is a big blow for the Roosters. Campbell could be impossible to match up on at times with his line breaking, leg speed and ball skills.
That running goal he kicked at The Bay last year was a cracker. Did exactly that, taking the ball from the hit-out in the centre square, ran around a couple of opponents and slotted a ripper...

Will be a big loss for the Roosters, but now gives an opportunity for a young kid, like Stephen Tahana, to step up in a similar role...

Good luck to Flash in his retirement...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:23 am

Not sure if this is a 'Matt Campbell' thread or a 'motivation' thread. But as it is titled the latter, I will comment on that.

It is not surprising that this happens and I can see it only increasing as the system gears further toward money being so high as a motivator.

We see the system now where under current rules Adelaide and Port Adelaide's top up list is and will ever be such a transient population.

Eg; Sturt gain Battersby back after being cut from Adelaide.
Sturt gain Bruggeman after he foresaw limited opportunities at Port.

So what effect will this environment in both those clubs do for the rest of the competition? And it is not just about those 2 clubs.

The effect of the new sanfl Crows / Power scenario, doesn't just stop at a game day level, but this among other similar 'motivational' factors will change the face of the sanfl quite quickly. And probably not for the better.

Will clubs line up outside the Crows and Power at season's end ready to gobble up the offerings being discarded. Reminds me of a scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail. "Bring our your dead! Bring out your dead"

It still perplexes me why we still even have a salary cap. Of course one is needed to control and keep in check finances so it doesn't strangle clubs. But when you have individual players in the Power / Crows Reserves on more than other club's whole list, someone is going to have to explain to me the logic to the intent of the cap. And also in terms of the deals allowed for players under the top up list rule for Port/ Crows.

Have the sanfl boffins, stopped to consider this? Or is it a case of, "just keep the wheels turning because we can't control any of it"?

The more such incongruity is allowed to flourish, the more the motivation only becomes about 1 thing.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Ah yes I forgot you still read these pages W.
I will try to keep to words of 1 or 2 syllables.

Essentially (oops) it is fast just becoming about money.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:50 am

It was a thoughtful and interesting contribution, W.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 am

waddayamean wrote:No need to do that , just talk plain english really. Another long winded ramble to make a small point that is widely accepted and known.

I would just prefer if you ignored my contributions W.
You have never gotten anything out of them, so maybe just best left alone.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:03 pm

could he be motivated enough to go to Essendon ? then maybe that could ignite some passion for the big league & go back to North & use North as the lure to the AFL
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum