2 posters

Go down

Ballarat Cup night debacle  Empty Ballarat Cup night debacle

Post by bayman Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Statement from HRV - Ballarat Pacing Cup night
13 December 2014
Ballarat Cup night debacle  VIC-2

Ballarat Cup night debacle  1884
Harness Racing Victoria Chairman of Stewards Neal Conder has expressed his extreme disappointment in how proceedings played out at tonight's Ballarat and District Trotting Club's Pacing Cup meeting.
Conder issued the following statement tonight:
"We were informed by Harness Racing Australia during the week of concerns some UFO sulkies were wider than what is allowed.
"I informed our steward who oversees gear that when next at the races he is to measure the sulkies.
"He measured them at Thursday's meeting and there was no issue.
"He measured them before the first race tonight and found that some weren’t compliant with the HRA specifications.
"Trainers were informed they would have to change sulkies as their sulkies were outside of HRA specifications.
"Trainers were informed tonight that the sulkies were outside HRA regulations because we did not expect to find any outside of the HRA specifications.
"UFO is not a new sulky manufacturer. I’m surprised that an experienced sulky maker would supply sulkies outside of HRA specifications.
"I’m very disappointed in how tonight has unfolded. It is obviously extremely disappointing for patrons and punters, trainers, drivers, the club, owners, sponsors and everyone in the industry.
"However, we are bound by HRA specifications and it is our job to ensure that our participants adhere to those standards."
HRV has tweeted that it will work closely with the Ballarat club to look at how to best compensate patrons who attended tonight’s meeting.
It should be noted that tonight’s circumstances were completely outside of the Ballarat and District Trotting Club’s control.
Ballarat, the HRV club of the year, is a passionate supporter of harness racing in Victoria and has a stellar reputation for looking after all industry participants.
HRV Chairman Ken Latta will ask the racing integrity council to review tonight's events to ensure there is not a repeat of the situation.
Mr Latta says HRV stewards report directly to the integrity council and it would be up to the integrity council to advise on ways to improve processes around communication between stewards and participants.
Mr Latta says the board and club appreciated that the majority of trainers and drivers supported the Ballarat and District Trotting Club on their biggest night of the year.
Ballarat Cup night debacle  Lg-share-en
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these new sulkys have been around for a fair while now, i think there is more to it than meets the eye & the sulky issue is an excuse to make a point, eventually only 4 runners ran in the time honored Ballarat Cup, surely in this day & age there could be various communication between all relative  parties, whether it be by phone, email, twitter, facebook, fax or even bloody smoke signals, tonights actions made the night a complete fiasco
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Ballarat Cup night debacle  Empty Re: Ballarat Cup night debacle

Post by testy Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Bayman, I missed listening to the race, who won and who ran the placings.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Final Results - Race 7 BALLARAT 13 December 2014Ballarat Cup night debacle  Play_TV
PETstock BALLARAT PACING CUP (GROUP 1)
Race code:  BAC13121401    Stakes: $100,000    Gait: PACERS    Class: FFA    
2,710 METRESMOBILE START
[th]Pl [/th][th]Horse[/th][th]Prize-money[/th][th] [/th][th]Row &Br[/th][th]TAB#[/th][th] Trainer [/th][th] Driver ( C = Concession )[/th][th]Mgn(m)[/th][th]Startingodds[/th][th]Stewards'Comments Expln[/th]
1IM CORZIN TERROR NZ Ballarat Cup night debacle  Bb_icon$62,775 Fr27A J GrieveC A Alford$ 9.10  PRS L 1 SWAB
BAY GELDING 7 by WESTERN TERROR USA out of CORZANELLO (NZ) 
Owner(s): P M McColgan, K Farah, A Kheir, A J Grieve 
Breeder(s): C McGowan, J L Smolenski, D J Smolenski
2TERROR TO LOVE NZ Ballarat Cup night debacle  Bb_icon$13,950 Sr29G T CourtR T May1.10$ 1.04 fav 4 QDT
3UNCLE WINGNUT NZ Ballarat Cup night debacle  Bb_icon$9,300 Sr18J CostaM J Bellman9.00$ 16.20  2
4ARTOC NZ Ballarat Cup night debacle  Bb_icon$4,650 Fr12D J MullanA M Butt17.20$ 25.90  GS L SLE 3
[th]Scratchings[/th]
RESTREPO (LATE)1
PHILADELPHIA MAN (LATE)3
GUARANTEED (LATE)4
WARTIME SWEETHEART NZ (LATE)5
COLD MAJOR (LATE)6
BEAUTY SECRET (LATE)10
Track Rating: GOODGross Time: 3:21:5Mile Rate: 1:59:7Lead Time: 86.5
First Quarter: 31.7Second Quarter: 29.4Third Quarter: 27.0Fourth Quarter: 26.9
Margins: 1.1m x 7.9m
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:37 am

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for that,  I new the race was on but completely forgot to listen.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down