Thiele
mickyj
testy
Gingernuts
Lee
Booney
10 posters

Go down

Bickley replaces McDermott on 5aa drive Empty Bickley replaces McDermott on 5aa drive

Post by Booney Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Stephen Rowe could be heard gently sobbing, gently sobbing with delight when informed that his beloved "Skip" will be replacing McDermott on the AA drive time sports show.

Mark Bickley will soon replace Chris McDermott on the 5AA drive time show, who replaced Graham Cornes.

Wink
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Bickley replaces McDermott on 5aa drive Empty Re: Bickley replaces McDermott on 5aa drive

Post by Lee Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Sounds good, McDermott added nothing.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Bickley replaces McDermott on 5aa drive Empty Re: Bickley replaces McDermott on 5aa drive

Post by Gingernuts Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Mr Bickley was fairly critical of the AFL coaching scene as well when the appointment was announced. I think he finally decided that it was too hot in the kitchen for his liking.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Lee wrote:Sounds good, McDermott added nothing.

And neither did Rowe, haven't listend to that show since the beginning of the year, is it still the crow show ?

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Not so much, there's been a heavy emphasis on quantum physics since you stopped listening, testy.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 pm

I wonder what Bone did he was on last night and today dillion and rucci announcing bone was gone !!
Since he wanted demerge the eagles no loss
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 pm

lets be honest, the show has gone downhill rapidly since ''KG'' got the sack
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 pm

bayman wrote:lets be honest, the show has gone downhill rapidly since ''KG'' got the sack

True that
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm

bayman wrote:lets be honest, the show has gone downhill rapidly since ''KG'' got the sack
Yep I would of have an ex port player to replace Bone
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Thiele wrote:

Mind you Bone never got over being delisted by blight
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 pm

mickyj wrote:
Thiele wrote:

Mind you Bone never got over being delisted by blight

he never got over missing out on the coaching job at Glenelg in 1997 when 'beaten' by Wayne Stringer either
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:33 pm

With Bickley's previous experience on C9 I think he is probably exactly what they need on 5AA, I have nothing against McDermott however, but think its the right decision.

Still I would also sack "Rowey" and replace him with Graeme Goodings if they want to actually give the show some credibility and get people listening again.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Lee wrote:Not so much, there's been a heavy emphasis on quantum physics since you stopped listening, testy.

So, its improved then ?
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:21 am

Ben W wrote:With Bickley's previous experience on C9 I think he is probably exactly what they need on 5AA, I have nothing against McDermott however, but think its the right decision.

Still I would also sack "Rowey" and replace him with Graeme Goodings if they want to actually give the show some credibility and get people listening again.

Graeme Goodings?

Seriously?
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 am

Better than rowey
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:12 pm

FOOTYfollower wrote:Graeme Goodings?

Seriously?

Experienced broadcaster, knows the AFL backwards, has knowledge of more sports than just Football, Cricket and Soccer. When he first went across to hosting the Weekend news C7 were a long way behind C9, now they are openly flogging them. Has a massive amount of radio experience at 7LA (Tassie) 3AW, 5DN and AA. Survived cancer and devotes his time to going around helping people that have cancer or who are caring for others with it. Is a fantastic gentlemen and would easily restore the afternoon sports show to what it could be if given the chance!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:25 pm

OK - I think we'll agree to disagree on this one then Smile
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:22 pm

no doubt a good general broadcaster, but not sure for a sports show
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 pm

So given the time since the change has the show improved or not ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum