+5
UncleHuey
Scrappy
Scrunch
the prowler
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Port v Norwood

Saturday 6 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 5:40pm

Last Week
Port 8.12.60 lost to Glenelg 13.14.92 @ Gliderol Stadium
Norwood 10.6.66 d Sturt 8.9.57 @ Adelaide Oval

Last Time They Met
Port 9.6.60 d Norwood 6.15.51 @ Alberton Oval

Last 5 Matches
Port WLLWL
Norwood WWLWW

Port go into this Second Semi Final losing to the bottom side, while Norwood's only loss in recent time has been against Port. Who will book their place in the Grand Final?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 pm

My mate is a Nwd member and one eyed at that.

He wont be going because part of the game will be played under lights. (He doesn't think football should be played at night)(wont go and watch a Crows night game for the same reason)

Last week he didnt go because he thought South and Eagles should have played the first match, followed by Nwd and Sturt.

Talk about wimpy supporters.

the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 pm

the prowler wrote:My mate is a Nwd member and one eyed at that.

He wont be going because part of the game will be played under lights. (He doesn't think football should be played at night)(wont go and watch a Crows night game for the same reason)

Last week he didnt go because he thought South and Eagles should have played the first match, followed by Nwd and Sturt. I could not understand his reasoning for that either.

the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 am

Last week he didnt go because he thought South and Eagles should have played the first match, followed by Nwd and Sturt.

Wouldn't have seen his team play too often this year then Shocked
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:52 am

Unitab flag odds

$2-10 Port Reserves
$2-60 Norwood
$6-00 Sturt
$8-00 South Adelaide

Difficult game to assess
A committed Port Reserves team would have too much talent for Norwood

I select Port by 25 points in the inaugural final between the entities

PR 12-14
NW 8-13
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 pm

I think Norwood in close one. The Power will be concentrating on their AFL match so I suspect a few players will be withdrawn as emergencies.
Norwood are looking in better form then the Magpies at presnt.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:19 pm

as Scrappy suggested it'll depend on who is available for Port, will Port save two or three players as emergencies for the next days match ? at or close to full strength Port will win, go back to about 11 listed players & Norwood can beat them, i'll sit on the fence & wait for the named teams for this one
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 am

Doesn't like night matches but thought Norwood should have been under lights last week?

Norwood to win narrowly but Port will win 2 weeks later because their AFL season will be over.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:24 pm

I've been talking up Norwood, but I think Port will win this.

I rated the Sturt v Norwood form better than the South v Eagles game and although Norwood won, I think they'll find Port tougher to beat.

Baulderstone should be BOG, though.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Tough one to pick but I will tip the Redlegs to book another Grand Final spot..
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:01 pm

SPAM will be a bloody hard team to beat this week with the players they have available to them, Norwood has the form to compete, but SPAM will run out the second half and win this one. SPAM by 4 goals.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Bring on SPAM next Saturday day or night.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Norwood showed true character & heart to win tonight, they found a way to stem the tide & then re load after being pushed aside in the third term, i for one thought they couldn't win when Port got 18 points up in the last & appeared to be full of running, Dawe is better than some of the ruckman on AFL lists & his power marking under pressure was brilliant, for those that didn't see the match do yourself a favour & watch it, it was one of the best matches you would ever see

is this a first at SANFL level...Port were ready to run onto the ground at the start of the match & the tv crew asked them to wait until they were ready for them ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum