+5
Paul
UncleHuey
bayman
the prowler
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 15: South v Port - Saturday 2 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 15: South v Port - Saturday 2 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 pm

South v Port

Saturday 2 August
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
South 7.12.54 lost to Norwood 10.7.67 @ Coopers Stadium
Port 15.16.106 d Adelaide 7.12.54 @ Alberton Oval

Last Time They Met
Port 18.14.122 d South 10.2.62 @ Alberton Oval

Ladder Position
South 5th 7-7 52.86%
Port 1st 11-3 60.17%

South had the slowest of starts before a fast finish saw them fall just short against Norwood, while Port reasserted their authority on the competition with a big win over Adelaide. Will Port have another big win, or will South cause an upset?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: South v Port - Saturday 2 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 15: South v Port - Saturday 2 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Last time we played the real Port Adelaide we used the same styled jumper as we will be using this match. I see no reason why this group of players would not continue on that tradition.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 15: South v Port - Saturday 2 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 15: South v Port - Saturday 2 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Port easily by 58 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:36 am

reduce that by 60 points and I will tip glenelg Sat by a fair margin
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Port to win by 4 to 5 goals. After a good start to the year South have the wobbles
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Port by 31
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 pm

Will tip South on this one for the reason that I think Brad Gotch is the best placed SANFL coach to pick the PAFC apart on game day from an opposition coaching bench, South by 19pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Ben W wrote:Will tip South on this one for the reason that I think Brad Gotch is the best placed SANFL coach to pick the PAFC apart on game day from an opposition coaching bench, South by 19pts.

Not quite sure how you can say that Ben, our last match against SPAM, except for one quarter, we were very good, we could not control their running game for that quarter and were demolished by 10 goals.

It goes without saying that South owe the Alberton mob heaps, for the thumping's we have had to endure over the years both at home and away.

I would love to pick South.

My heart tells me to, my head tells me otherwise. I just cannot try and guess the margin.

I would love to be wrong this time.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by kingrooster Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 pm

the prowler wrote:
Ben W wrote:Will tip South on this one for the reason that I think Brad Gotch is the best placed SANFL coach to pick the PAFC apart on game day from an opposition coaching bench, South by 19pts.

Not quite sure how you can say that Ben, our last match against SPAM, except for one quarter, we were very good,  we could not control their running game for that quarter and were demolished by 10 goals.

It goes without saying that South owe the Alberton mob heaps, for the thumping's we have had to endure over the years both at home and away.

I would love to pick South.

My heart tells me to, my head tells me otherwise. I just cannot try and guess the margin.

I would love to be wrong this time.

I think you're sitting on the fence this time  Very Happy 

Port by plenty
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:30 am

South by 25 points.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Now that SPAM have named their team and a couple of danger men have been elevated to the AFL side, South will get up at home and keep their hopes alive.

South by 14 points.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:02 pm

We're happy team at Hickinbotham..!!!!!! Very Happy Cool Laughing Twisted Evil 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 pm

the prowler wrote:I would love to be wrong this time.

Well we all have our off days big fella, - I am always happy to be proven wrong when the mighty panthers get up and win it like today!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:23 pm

how many named Port players pulled out before this match ? yeah treating their opponents & the competition with respect......i think we're getting taken for a ride, lose a few matches & the early domination is a distant memory, well done South, you did what you had to do
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:03 pm

from todays Sunday rag....

"...The Magpies fielded just nine AFL-listed players — their lowest total for the season — after the late withdrawals of John Butcher (gastro), Darcy Byrne-Jones (sick) and Jake Johansen (rested), and Kane Mitchell and Karl Amon travelling to Melbourne with the Power as emergencies.

Port coach Garry Hocking believed the absences were a factor in the result —..."

-Munch on a concrete sandwich and harden up Princess!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Meanwhile, South fielded just no AFL listed players.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Well done the Panthers!!
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum