+5
Lee
Paul
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 13: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 July @ Envestra Park Empty Round 13: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 July @ Envestra Park

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Sturt v Glenelg

Saturday 12 July
Envestra Park

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Sturt 8.15.63 lost to Port 12.11.83 @ Envestra Park
Glenelg 8.10.58 lost to Eagles 15.11.101 @ Gliderol Stadium

Last Time They Met
Sturt 12.12.84 d Glenelg 6.5.41 @ Gliderol Stadium

Ladder Position
Sturt 2nd 8-4 56.27%
Glenelg 10th 2-10 35.21%

Sturt were gallant in their defeat to Port, while Glenelg had another belting, this time it was the Eagles who belted them.  Will Sturt belt Glenelg, or will Glenelg cause a big upset?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 July @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 13: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 July @ Envestra Park

Post by bayman Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 pm

a few coming back this week so i smell an unlikely victory to the Tigers by 17 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 July @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 13: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 July @ Envestra Park

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Sturt by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:47 pm

bayman has talked me into it.

He's usually on the money. Glenelg by 19
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:27 pm

You could come up with different reasons why Glenelg could make this close, but I can't think of any.

Sturt by a lot.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:30 pm

No-one to kick a goal for the Bays last week and I cannot see much changing this week. Sturt comfortably
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:26 pm

I can't see the Bays getting anywhere near Sturt
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:19 pm

i thought the tagging job on Kirkwood was outstanding by Pitt, after a slow start we were the better team for almost three quarters & i have no doubt had we had a big strong marking forward we would have won, fitness or not Trembath should have been played, the commitment & tenacious tackling was sensational today (even early), Hender was what we all expect he was great & not so great during the day but one thing he does is he excites the team because of his ''take them on'' attitude, Wazza was great in ruck & our midfield were on top of theirs for the majority of the day so much so that Tambling was hardly sighted, Coad was quiet up forward & i believe Snook has announced himself as a league player over the last month, our skills when under pressure were a lot lot better than in previous weeks.....it was good to see Sturt being rattled for the entire second half....i'm dissapointed to lose but am so proud of the effort & the never give in approach we saw today, the last two weeks have given me hope that our position on the ladder will be a lot higher up in the next year or two
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Happy to pocket the 2 points, from a game that went rather as I expected. This was the sort of game we lost last year, so we have made progress in that regard. Disappointed with our 3rd quarter lapse. That's an area where we still have to learn to maintain focus and intensity for 4 quarters, under pressure. Pleased with Taggert's first game. Didn't have a lot of the ball, but showed his class with two very important goals.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:28 am

Coad looked very out of sorts. Kirkwood was much quieter than usual.

For 1 and a half quarters, the Blues were smashed in the midfield stoppages.
The Bays were feeding off Kurtze's taps much better than we were.

Taggert seems to have some class about him. He could be important late in the season.
Also thought Beard made some defensive plays at critical times too.

But I did think when the game needed to be taken in the last quarter, it was Tambling who got the job done and brought others into it.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum