Chambo Off To Work We Go
cutterman
Ben W
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Picket Fence - Page 2 Empty Re: Picket Fence

Post by testy Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Perhaps not only Sturt supporters, but all supporters would be a help if you feel inclined to contact the Council to assist the community consultation process.

What every other club can fortunately take as a given, is not the case with the Blues.
If sanfl supporters in general were to get behind this, it would certainly put the good Councillor Hudson on notice that users of the ground are not just local people, or even Sturt supporters, but a much wider group too.

And for what it's worth, I have assisted a few times in putting up the fence in the last few years.

I would like to think this would be resolved with some common sense. 
No SANFL side should have to go through the task of erecting and dismantling a fence every time they play at there home ground at the cost that has been mentioned.
I just wish they had locked the temporary fence a few weeks back BEFORE the game to prevent us Bloods supporters from seeing the hiding we were about to get  Very Happy
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:13 pm

I was unaware that a young junior player from Sturt had actually broken both wrists on the existing concrete boundary. Reading through some of these other incidents suggests to me that the club are well advised to be seeking a better solution.

From the Sturt FC,

"STURT FOOTBALL CLUB SUPPORTS THE INSTALLATION OF A PERMANENT OVAL PICKET FENCE AT UNLEY OVAL, WHY?
SAFETY: to improve safety for all during scheduled sporting activities and further provide a safer playing environment when there is no scheduled events.
The picket fence will provide a delineation of the arena from the general surrounds at times when the playing area is being utilized by sporting groups for organised training or matches.
Incidents and injuries that have occurred during scheduled use of the oval include but are not limited to:
• child knocked down by a player during a training session after he chased a cricket ball onto the oval
• junior player broke both wrists when hitting the cement curb at training session and has never resumed playing football
• unauthorised groups conducting group training sessions on the sides of the oval when scheduled training is in progress
• player running into tree on south east side of oval
• people walking across oval during scheduled cricket matches
The most recent home match saw senior player Ben Hansen hit his arm on the cement kerb located south east side of the oval. Fortunately Ben was able to play out the rest of the match and our medical staff will continue to assess.
We strongly encourage all of our members and supporters to be involved in the community consultation process and invite you to provide feedback by:
Writing: Unley Oval Picket Fence Consultation, PO Box 1, Unley SA 5061
Emailing: pobox1@unley.sa.gov.au
Visiting: http://yoursay.unley.sa.gov.au/redevelopment-of-the-unley-oval-precinct
The consultation is calling for feedback only and is not a vote for or against the proposal.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the club on 8271 4611.
The community consultation will conclude at 5pm, Friday 25 July 2014.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:40 pm

i know it is local Government & all the red tape that goes with it but surely common sense should prevail, if not i'd use the mainstream media to raise the issues publicly
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Councils and commonsense, now thats an oxymoron if I ever saw one.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 pm

so if at Unley oval & a dog get loose or even worse a child chases a ball onto the road & gets cleaned up & dies, does the council get sued for not having safety barriers around a park that has a playground on it etc ?

if it was me, after the grieving process i'd be talking to a lawyer for sure
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 pm

What I find ridiculous about all this, is that not far down the road, Mitcham FC have a fence and their oval is used by various people in the local community and it all seems to work pretty well..
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Ben W wrote:What I find ridiculous about all this, is that not far down the road, Mitcham FC have a fence and their oval is used by various people in the local community and it all seems to work pretty well..

good call that, the only down side to that oval is it turns into a mud heap quickly
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The analyst Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:29 am

The Unley Council will vote Monday night August 25th on the picket fence. For more propaganda from Cr. Mike Hudson visit http://grumpyinunley.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/oval-fencing-on-monday-agenda/.
The analyst
The analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:49 pm

i'll be working but you guys should go down there & respectfully give your opinion as rate payers
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:27 pm

Council have voted in favour! - Picket Fence is going ahead! Well done SFC!
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Ben W wrote:Council have voted in favour! - Picket Fence is going ahead! Well done SFC!

or well done to the council for showing common sense Shocked
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Sturt are beginning a new fundraiser where you can buy your own numbered picket. Selected numbers are to be dedicated to some of the greats of the club.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/east-hills/sturt-football-club-fans-to-pitch-in-to-pay-for-picket-fence-at-unley-oval/story-fni9lkyu-1227112150758
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Ben W wrote:Sturt are beginning a new fundraiser where you can buy your own numbered picket. Selected numbers are to be dedicated to some of the greats of the club.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/east-hills/sturt-football-club-fans-to-pitch-in-to-pay-for-picket-fence-at-unley-oval/story-fni9lkyu-1227112150758

great idea, which was & maybe still used at the Adelaide Oval, i in an email suggested to Rob Nelson when he was at the bay to do the same thing, the reply was yes it is a great idea & one which is on our agenda......still waiting
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:42 am

good idea by the club, hopefully raises a few much needed dollars, pity more clubs dont look outside the norm for fundraising like this
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:46 am

I am hearing that the picket fence is about to go into production, if work hasn't started already.

Would think it will be ready for start of season.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:14 pm

drove past it on Monday, no sign of the fence on the street that runs behind the northern goals, plenty of dog walkers & fitness junkies on the oval though
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum