+5
maddawg
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Paul
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 7: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Glenelg v Centrals

Saturday 17 May
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last week
Glenelg 9.10.64 lost to Eagles 17.12.114 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval
Centrals 14.8.92 d North 13.7.95 @ Playford Alive Oval

Last Time They Met
Centrals 22.10.142 d Glenelg 12.7.79 @ Playford Alive Oval

Ladder Position
Glenelg 10th 1-5 37.12%
Centrals 8th 2-4 44.16%

Glenelg are coming off another big loss, while Centrals came from nowhere to overrun North. Centrals have an outstanding record over Glenelg in recent years, will this continue on Saturday?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 7: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Paul Mon May 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Glenelg by 2 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 7: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 17 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 12, 2014 11:11 pm

Central to win by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 pm

i actually think we'll beat Central this week seeing the blowtorch was thrust onto several players & i don't think Central are going that well either, make no mistake North blew it with undiscplined footy in the last 10 minutes last week
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by maddawg Wed May 14, 2014 9:00 am

My first week besides the first in tipping the bays by 9 points, looking forward to a good game at the bay.
maddawg
maddawg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed May 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Tigers to start a glorious revival and win by 5 points on the siren.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed May 14, 2014 7:06 pm

This one is tough. Glenelg were awful last week, while Central showed heart to get up against North.

Presumably Lonergan will return and the supporting players can't play as badly this week.

I think Glenelg, at home, can just get over Central.

If they don't, they're in all sorts of trouble.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 14, 2014 7:58 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Tigers to start a glorious revival and win by 5 points on the siren.

if that happens can someone call for an ambulance to the outer half forward flank immediately on that siren please
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Very hard one to pick IMO so I will go for the Bays at home.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Just seen our injury list for this week so I am now leaning towards Centrals by a few goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Sadly for Glenelg fans, the Dogs seem to play Glenelg Oval really well and I dont think it will be any differnet this week. Central by 40pts +.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat May 17, 2014 4:49 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Tigers to start a glorious revival and win by 5 points on the siren.

Not too bad. Was with about 2 minutes to go the winner came I think.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon May 19, 2014 1:44 pm

sapaul wrote:

Not too bad. Was with about 2 minutes to go the winner came I think.

That was a tense last 10 minutes. Ball was parked in the Centrals forward half and the dogs had a number of shots that either fell short, drifted across the goals or went out of bounds. Fantastic commitment from the Bay defenders to keep Centrals scoreless. When we scored with just about no time left to go it was the loudest cheer I have heard down the Bay since we beat Centrals last year. Hopefully we can get on a roll by beating Westies this week.

Wasnt a pretty game and the skills by both teams were ordinary at times but they all put in all day to make an entertaining afternoon.

Didnt see Bayman collapsed on the half forward flank after the game so I suspect he had a few reviving beers Very Happy 
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down