Scrunch
bayman
drop bear
PhilH
Paul
Brucetiki
14 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1, Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Round 1, Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Norwood 4.4 7.5 10.8 11.10.76
Port 1.2 4.3 5.7 8.9.57

Norwood start their premiership defence in perfect style with a 19 point win over a disappointing Port.

A good crowd of over 6000 at the game to kick off season 2014.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1, Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Round 1, Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Paul Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Score probably flattered Port.
Norwood all over them.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1, Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Round 1, Norwood v Port @ Coopers Stadium

Post by PhilH Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:56 pm

- Tonight's night's crowd at Coopers Stadium East at Norwood (as opposed to Coopers Stadium West at Hindmarsh) was 6,354.

Recent Norwood v Port crowds at the Parade

2013 Round 1 - 7,750 (Easter Thursday Night)

2013 Round 18 - 4,197

2012 Round 18 - 6,050

2011 - Round 8 - 7,298

2010 - Round 5 - 6,665

So given it was a school night, on live TV for the first time, I think officials would be happy with the turn up.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by drop bear Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Norwood never in doubt and could've won by more. Couldn't get to the game but appreciated the telecast. However, I really missed the passion and knowledge of the ABC crew. Very disappointing.
drop bear
drop bear

Teams : any team playing for the love of the jumper
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 pm

i thought Port tried hard all night & had they kicked straight especially early in the last term they may've even pinched the match, the game was played at a frenetic pace, both teams didn't seem to have many tall marking forwards (Newton the exception) & the basic difference in the match was Norwoods small players being able to kick goals namely Phillips & Bartlett...........interesting move in the Port coaching box tonight when the score was 3 goals to 1 in the first term & Port played a loose man in defence, Port found it difficult to get running due to Norwoods excellent pressure both at the player with the ball & the players off the ball, Norwood were relentless, yet Port never gave up & as i said had they kicked straight they may've pinched it, i don't think it was a complete domination as some people think
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:28 pm

I dont think it was a complete domination, but I also don't think the "had Port kicked straight" avenue is accurate (simply because that argument works both ways - And not having a go at you by the way Bayman). I would label it a comfortable win for the Redlegs and whilst I think many people thought Port were capable of a comeback until late in the game (myself included), it's hard to know if that reasoning was justified based on their potential? Still a lot of questions to be answered over many weeks in relation to the dual AFL-SANFL teams I would think.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

Wouldn't read to much into this game other than Norwood know how to play football well on that crap postage stamp sized excuse they call an oval, lol. They just squeezed the life out of the Power by bottling the game up.
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by maddawg Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 am

I thought Norwood had the game in control all night, Port came back into it in the last after the game was done and dusted. If thats any indication how to handle the two AFL franchises you would think, go against them with a harder bigger more mature bodies, it wont always win but will majority of the time. Port are definetly missing a couple of key forwards their small brigade will win games but definetly need a target upfront to win consistantly.
maddawg
maddawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carman09 Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:44 am

Wongdo wrote:Wouldn't read to much into this game other than Norwood know how to play football well on that crap postage stamp sized excuse they call an oval, lol. They just squeezed the life out of the Power by bottling the game up.

I would suggest that seeing Norwood has only lost 5 games over the past 24 months, we know how to play football well on every oval in this state, not just Coopers Stadium.  Quite likely we have a better recent record on your team's home turf than your team does, whichever pristine AFL standard ground that must be.

Some observations form the ground last night;
- Crowd participation seemed a lot more sanitised than previous NFC v. PA fixtures - not much friendly/unfriendly banter at all.
- No real niggle on the park at all - very strange once again for this fixture.
- If Norwood had kicked more accurately in the first quarter as Port should have too in the last quarter, the outcome could have been quite diffierent.
- Port's team didn't looked balanced - some good backs, great running brigade, but mismatched forward line.  
- Norwood's skills were crisper than what I was expecting for a first up game in the new season.
Carman09
Carman09

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by maddawg Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Carman09 wrote:
Wongdo wrote:Wouldn't read to much into this game other than Norwood know how to play football well on that crap postage stamp sized excuse they call an oval, lol. They just squeezed the life out of the Power by bottling the game up.

I would suggest that seeing Norwood has only lost 5 games over the past 24 months, we know how to play football well on every oval in this state, not just Coopers Stadium.  Quite likely we have a better recent record on your team's home turf than your team does, whichever pristine AFL standard ground that must be.

Some observations form the ground last night;
- Crowd participation seemed a lot more sanitised than previous NFC v. PA fixtures - not much friendly/unfriendly banter at all.
- No real niggle on the park at all - very strange once again for this fixture.
- If Norwood had kicked more accurately in the first quarter as Port should have too in the last quarter, the outcome could have been quite diffierent.
- Port's team didn't looked balanced - some good backs, great running brigade, but mismatched forward line.  
- Norwood's skills were crisper than what I was expecting for a first up game in the new season.

I agree from the television experience, the Power supporters definetly were not as vocal, will have a close up next week when the bays take on the Power Franchise. I think that the Power supporters are definetly not as concerned with the outcome of their team. They understand its a development programme first and foremost. If they win great, but as for the 8 true SANFL clubs its everything and have one goal to win the flag. The SANFL clubs use their reserves are their development teams. When I go to the bays game, I get there maybe a qtr or two early and am not overly concerned with the result but more interested in the development of the younger players and watch their form with interest.
maddawg
maddawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Come on fellas, not meaning to have a go here - but it honestly sounds like you're looking for faults to support your own anti-AFL sentiments.

You're picking up on very minor things. From what I saw it was a great crowd, and if in fact there was a subdued attitude from the Magpies fans I would suggest it was probably because they trailed from start to finish. Nothing more, nothing less.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:02 pm

I thought Norwood put pressure on Port whenever they got the ball and they had to make decisions very quickly and fumbled a lot because of the pressure applied.

On the other hand Norwood had more time to dispose of the ball because they were able to find space and finished of there attacks better.

The big man up forward for port (can't think of his name) took some strong marks BUT his kicking for goal let them down.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Harvey?
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:43 pm

I wouldn't say Coopers Stadium was the smallest. Smile

According to Wikipedia.
Norwood 165m x 110m
Glenelg 160m x 115m
Unley 160m x 115m

firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 pm

sapaul wrote:Harvey?

Not sure, I think at the start of the game the commentators mentioned he was recruited on recommendation from Gaven Wanganeen from around Balaklava.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:32 pm

firstblood wrote:
I wouldn't say Coopers Stadium was the smallest.  Smile

According to Wikipedia.
Norwood 165m x 110m
Glenelg 160m x 115m
Unley 160m x 115m

Norwood, Unley and Glenelg are almost the same dimensions.
Glenelg - 160m x 110m
Unley - 160m x 115m
Norwood 165m x 110m

Really not much difference.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
firstblood wrote:

According to Wikipedia.
Norwood 165m x 110m
Glenelg 160m x 115m
Unley 160m x 115m

Glenelg - 160m x 110m
Unley - 160m x 115m
Norwood 165m x 110m

i'd like to know the new dimensions of the new Adelaide oval because when i was at the cricket 3 or 4 weeks ago i thought it wasn't much bigger than the bay oval
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:58 pm

testy wrote:

Not sure, I think at the start of the game the commentators mentioned he was recruited on recommendation from Gaven Wanganeen from around Balaklava.  

are you thinking of Bruggemann ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:01 pm

bayman wrote:
testy wrote:

are you thinking of Bruggemann ?

Yes, thats the player Bayman, cheers.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:13 am

Gingernuts wrote:

Come on fellas, not meaning to have a go here - but it honestly sounds like you're looking for faults to support your own anti-AFL sentiments.

You're picking up on very minor things. From what I saw it was a great crowd, and if in fact there was a subdued attitude from the Magpies fans I would suggest it was probably because they trailed from start to finish. Nothing more, nothing less.

Administrators should be wary of the anti-AFL sentiment Ginge. Left to flourish it will outweigh any genuine debate and game preview / review to the point of people choosing to no longer post.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:30 am

Absolutely.

Vise Versa, if posters on this site can still come together to post constructively and respectfully despite their opposing views on the reserves issue, then that could be a real positive for this site and a point of difference to some other sites around.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 pm

bayman wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
firstblood wrote:

According to Wikipedia.
Norwood 165m x 110m
Glenelg 160m x 115m
Unley 160m x 115m

Glenelg - 160m x 110m
Unley - 160m x 115m
Norwood 165m x 110m

i'd like to know the new dimensions of the new Adelaide oval because when i was at the cricket 3 or 4 weeks ago i thought it wasn't much bigger than the bay oval

Adelaide is 167m x 124m
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm

thanks Chambo, as i basically thought, not that much bigger
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum