South v Norwood trial.

2 posters

Go down

South v Norwood trial. Empty South v Norwood trial.

Post by blueandwhite Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:05 am

South - 15.8 = 98

Norwood - 7.10 = 52

Panthers won by 46 points

GOALS:

South - A.Gulden 4, D.Hourigan 3, J.Veide, S.Snook 2, N.Liddle, P.Steffe, N.Murphy, T.Fields 1

Norwood - L.Davis, S.Phillips 2, A.Kirwan, C.Evans, A.Luccon 1

Welcome to the Coaching caper Dugga.. Shocked 
My first look at South for the year.
Still plenty of "first choice players" on the sidelines.
Certainly a vastly different gameplan used by South under the new regime.
the words "Optimism" and "South Adelaide" are two terms you should never use in the same sentence..... but I liked what I saw....a lot. Shocked 

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

South v Norwood trial. Empty Re: South v Norwood trial.

Post by bayman Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:00 pm

b&w, i'm not worried about the scoreline, what i'd like to know is how were the skills ? what did the game plan look like when under pressure ? were players working off the ball ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Well its fair to say that from what I saw last night South have adopted a vastly different gameplan than they endured under the Fuller years.
Gotch has adopted a similar plan to Norwoods...Lock the ball in your forward 50 by pushing every defender up. Tackle and pressure at every contest.Win the stoppages-with massive rotations through your midfield. To be able to do this your fitness and skillls have to be sublime. I feel that at first look anyway Souths fitness and skill level particularly under pressure have improved dramatically- but they needed too.
I was told that one South player, who plays through the middle ,has the fitness, speed and strength capabilities similar to an elite AFL midfielder. Apparently he has been an absolute Gym rat since October and its not Cross or Liddle or a recruit.
I noticed a few players last night who were "lost" under the previous regime playing with new found confidence and freedom, which is great to see.
Gotch is extremely impressive ; his consistent positive message to the playing group , and imploring them to take the game on when the opportunity is there, is a much needed breath of fresh air.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 pm

good thank you for that b&w, did Peter Rolf play ? or how far away would he be ?

i think when he plays well South plays well & i also think & have mentioned before that he is the most underrated player in the competition
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 am

bayman wrote:good thank you for that b&w, did Peter Rolf play ? or how far away would he be ?

i think when he plays well South plays well & i also think & have mentioned before that he is the most underrated player in the competition

Rolfe was the runner for the game. He is set for return around round 4 after a knee reco. Apparently had a hip issue as well. Agree, he was sadly missed last year, and is one of the most underated players in the sanfl.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:17 am

thankyou b&w
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down