Clash Jumpers

5 posters

Go down

Clash Jumpers Empty Clash Jumpers

Post by Harpo Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:18 am

Hi and welcome to this thread on Clash Jumpers

No. 1 Do we need clash jumpers in the SANFL
No. 2 If Yes what style do we want a central colour base of white or the clubs second colour
No. 3 If anyone has any ideas feel free to post them or have a crack at designing them your self and posting them
No. 4 If you do have an idea give a little background. why? etc.

Ill start this off

Glenelg:
I do belive Glenelg need a clash jumper there has been time where South have worn there Geelong style jumper at home with blue shorts also West wearing Red jumper with black shorts so Glenelg need a clash jumper they had 1 that they wore against Norwood and West in 2012 but was scrapped for a number of reasons ''The Leaping tiger'' http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/component/content/article/1-latest/345-leaping-tiger-clash-guernsey

Here is my idea: (Not fully Finished no sponsors got to find a proper Gliderol Logo)

Just a simple inverse how hard is it seriously!!!

Clash Jumpers Glenel10
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Clash Jumpers Empty Re: Clash Jumpers

Post by Redlegsrock Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 pm

How long has it been since sanfl brang in a heritage round?
Redlegsrock
Redlegsrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Not sure, rr.

Harpo, we didn't need clash jumpers for 100 years until recently, but TV really dicates we need them.

Westies asked their members for their choice last year and we came up with the reverse red with black sash and most thought it looked pretty good.

I think it was a reverse jumper in actual fact, also.

Your Glenelg one looks pretty sensible to me.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:25 pm

No one in charge of football clubs are rocket scientists, surely just a reverse of colours like the suggestion offered above will suffice for the few times they will be worn.

That's one of the problems with footy clubs nowadays, they all spend to much time on trivial matters like clash Guernseys, form a committee for this, set one up for that, find another for some minor decision. All clubs have management committees, just get them to make sensible decisions and get on with it.

There is no need to involve the universe for simple things.

Footy clubs survived for a 100 years successfully, strong and competitive, along comes TV $$$$ and it has all gone asre up.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 pm

It is an interesting issue, my view is that we do have to move with the times and have a clash jumper and that each club should have one. With my own club, the S,A is iconic and I was reluctant to see it changed, yet I have also seen a number of times where on the field the ball has been turned over because of a jumper clash and as much as it may be a small thing we have to make every post a winner as a club if we are to find successful.

That said though, our first effort at a jumper was absolute carp IMO and I think we as a club made a better effort when we went with one of our early heritage jumpers as the base for our current design, and it is my thought that sides like Glenelg would be better served in pulling out the 1934 premiership jumper which I believe was far different to todays jumper and using that as the clash jumper or the base for a clash jumper to be designed from. It keeps it relevant to the club and makes it something that the fans are far more likely to embrace.

Still, a true clash jumper as used in the English Premier league usually contains colours that are not the clubs colours, not unlike what St Kilda did with their yellow jumper some years back, whether the SANFL is ready for that one can only wonder!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down