Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg

5 posters

Go down

Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg Empty Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg

Post by Big Phil Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Media Release from Glenelg

NICK STEVENS APPOINTED GLENELG COACH

The Glenelg Football Club is delighted to announce Nick Stevens will be its senior coach for
the next two seasons.

Stevens, who played 231 AFL matches for Port Adelaide and Carlton, will be employed in a
full-time capacity at the Club.

The 33-year-old brings with him the experience of playing under AFL premiership coaches
Mark Williams and Denis Pagan while also coaching TAC Cup side Gippsland into the finals in
the past two seasons.

The former Blues vice-captain, who holds a Level 3 coaching accreditation, has also gained
experience as an assistant midfield coach at AFL club Richmond while also taking charge of
the NSW/ACT Under-18 side at the AFL National Championships in 2011.

Glenelg president Nick Chigwidden said Stevens’ exceptional communication and
presentation skills played a significant role in his appointment.

‘’Nick’s ability to relate to people of all ages is clearly outstanding,’’ Chigwidden said.
‘’Not only has he enjoyed a decorated playing career but he has demonstrated an ability to
manage a significant number of staff and players in his most recent role with the Gippsland
Power.’’

Since working with Gippsland during 2012 and 2013, Stevens has not only been responsible
for coaching and training the team but also managing the club’s extensive football program
throughout country Victoria.

‘’The manner in which Nick has been able to foster links throughout the significant
Gippsland area gave us great confidence he can hit the ground running with our south-east
country zone,’’ Chigwidden said, adding Stevens has also been running a highly successful
landscaping business for the past eight years.

Stevens’ familiarity with Adelaide will also be of benefit, given he spent six years playing with the Power from 1998 to 2003.

‘’I’m really keen to get back to South Australia and begin my senior coaching career with such a proud SANFL club,’’ Stevens said.
‘’It will be an exciting opportunity as there is some exceptional young talent on Glenelg’s playing list so I can’t wait to roll up my sleeves and get started.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg Empty Re: Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg

Post by bayman Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

''full time role'' that amazes me given what we've all been told......i wonder whether Steve Kernahan or Damien Hardwick to a lessor extent had any input into this decision, he'll improve the team no doubt (easy to improve on this year) & lets hope the mindset is happier from now on & we win a flag with him at the helm, good luck to Nick & the team
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg Empty Re: Nick Stevens appointed coach of Glenelg

Post by Big Phil Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Yeah, I thought Chickwidden had stated that, because of the Bays financial situation, the next coach was going to be part-time?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Yep, thats what thought did... thought he had a car and all had was a horn.

Good luck to Stevens, I for one hope he can turn Glenelg around, the same a Gotch can turn South around, that way South and Glenelg can send Centrals and Norwood tumbling towards the bottom of the heap.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 am

interesting that with all the names that were bandied about for the job, his name I don't believe was mentioned
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:51 pm

The Emperor wrote:interesting that with all the names that were bandied about for the job, his name I don't believe was mentioned
it was but only this week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:55 pm

i wonder what the Holdfast Bay council thinks of the full time contract given the 'loan' that was given by them recently, especially what 3 council members are thinking
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:36 pm

full time contract at part time rate perhaps???
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:04 pm

the prowler wrote:Yep, thats what thought did... thought he had a car and all had was a horn.

Good luck to Stevens, I for one hope he can turn Glenelg around, the same a Gotch can turn South around, that way South and Glenelg can send Centrals and Norwood tumbling towards the bottom of the heap.
heard that one before Very Happy 

testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:10 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/exafl-star-and-glenelg-football-club-coach-nick-stevens-allegedly-slammed-partners-head-against-wall/story-fni6uo1m-1227020867583
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 pm

innocent until PROVED otherwise
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum