Ade v Melb and Port v Freo

2 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Ade v Melb and Port v Freo Empty Ade v Melb and Port v Freo

Post by Booney Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:44 pm

The Crows have the opportunity this week to bid farewell to the ground they have called home since the summer of 1990. I would imagine there will be a few heavy hearts as the final siren blows on Saturday with some people having attended the ground for over 20 years, some sitting in the same seat, with the same friends....etc etc.

It is the end of an era and I think we should all take a moment to remember the good and bad times spent at Footy Park. I know I'll be making a moment of it next week to share with my "football family".

To the game, well, there isn't anything in it for anyone and Adelaide should belt the living suit cases out of the hapless Demons and I simply cant see anything other than that happening. Melbourne are rudderless and with two games to go they would be looking for the end of the year, not a trip to Footy Park.

Adelaide by 82 points.

In the battle of the water-side workers Port travel to Perth to take on the highly fancied Fremantle. Sandilands and Ballantyne are two big, well, one big and one small outs for Fremantle, but they are building to some thing special this spring and with 5 wins on the trot under their belt they are in cherry ripe form.

Port have taken extra pace to counter the expanses of Subiaco, but I cant see us nudging a top 4 side at home, just yet. A loss tomorrow night will set up a tantalising final AFL match at Footy Park between Port and Carlton for a spot in the final 8.

This week, Freo by 31 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Ade v Melb and Port v Freo Empty Re: Ade v Melb and Port v Freo

Post by Gingernuts Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Well said Booney. As a venue I am happy to see it go as I've never felt it was a very good place to watch footy, but it has been Adelaide's home since it's inception and as such holds many fond memories for Crows fans.

My wife and I are going and we're going to take our (nearly) 2 yr old daughter along so she can say she was there. I doubt her attention span will last very long, but I doubt the game will need a lot of attention to be honest. Adelaide will flog Melbourne, particularly with the emotion of the game. I reckon it will be a pretty good crowd too.

Freo will beat Port I think, but you never know.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Regulation win for Adelaide, certainly wasn't a pretty game, particularly early.

Still plenty to frustrate the fans, particularly in the first half. Speaking of the fans though, they did get into it and give Footy Park a good send off. The Mexican wave was a highlight. Laughing 
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:35 am

Just on the 'fond memories' of Footy Park.

I was having a think about it while at the game at the weekend and in reality as an Adelaide fan I have little to feel fond about.

Yes there were some good home and away wins, and a couple of good finals victories - but when it comes to the big games, I would say Adelaide has been pretty disappointing at home.

2 preliminary final losses. A couple of heartbreaking elimination final losses at the hands of Buddy & Fev. Last years capitulation against Sydney. The 3 point loss to the Saints in the first round of finals in 2005. Rarely in front in the Showdown win/loss count since Ports inclusion in the comp.

Nope. The Chardie and the BBQ might hold some fondness for some Adelaide folks, but me? I'm glad to see the back of the joint TBH.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum