Go Legs
eartotheground
bayman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AFL reserves vote  - Page 2 Empty Re: AFL reserves vote

Post by mark beswick Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Why would crouch be unavailable if everyone else is?
mark beswick
mark beswick

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Go Legs wrote:
Make a pact, I will if you do too.

The pact you need to make is to get more accurate information about your club.
Everyone at our club (Members & Supporters) were clearly under the idea that we had a "NO" vote going,
even the Press in this state said the same on the day of the vote, how am I to find this out when it was
the board who coerced Joe to change his mind with the explicit final word to say nothing further.

I should have guessed, when interviewed by Channel Nine at the Footy Park Gates just prior to entering
the meeting, Joe suddenly had head down and started mumbling not his usual stand up straight statements.

If I need to find out more I start talking to mates who are very, very close to the club, they are spewing on the
NFC Forum right now demanding heads and a SGM to be held after the 2013 season the view is a
vote of "No Confidence" in the entire board.

I also understand that the petition will receive the required 30 members signatures shortly, for submission.

It is "alleged" that a former player on the commission spoke to 2 former players on the board and that sparked
a whole turnaround of the final decision and vote, I repeat that this is "alleged" only.

It appears from discussion with the club this morning that the NFC Board are to release a press statement this
afternoon as to why the decision was made in favour of the "Yes" argument, hopefully we will get an explanation
as to why the Board did not see fit to advise members as well.

Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Kevin Rudd has more credibitily and has less spin than whats being thrown at all of us from our various clubs and thats saying something during an election campaign
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm

wolves wrote:Kevin Rudd has more credibitily and has less spin than whats being thrown at all of us from our various clubs and thats saying something during an election campaign
get rid of Olsen and bring in K Rudd
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Go Legs wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:
Go Legs wrote:

Everyone at our club (Members & Supporters) were clearly under the idea that we had a "NO" vote going,
even the Press in this state said the same on the day of the vote, how am I to find this out when it was
the board who coerced Joe to change his mind with the explicit final word to say nothing further.

What I'm objecting to is you telling people not to post views contrary to yours; because as you've seen now on a couple of occasions, those contrary views can be accurate.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm

I think its fair to say that I have never felt more proud of my club than I do today.Smile
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Go Legs wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:
Go Legs wrote:

What I'm objecting to is you telling people not to post views contrary to yours; because as you've seen now on a couple of occasions, those contrary views can be accurate.
Gotta agree with Flag No.9 here. GL, rather then blindly defending your club and casting assertions at others perhaps a bit of humble pie may be in order.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Please support that with some more information if you have it, at the last Members and Supporters Meeting Joe Tripodi our Club President and our League representative to the SANFL in this whole issue stood up as he has done 2 other times in the media and said he would be voting No unless the Crows played in our (SANFL) seconds.

He is a man who stands by what he commits to, in Business, Sport and Life, I can only applaud those club representatives who have done the same for either side of the Yes/No argument, but I take umbrage to a club supporter denigrating another clubs President when their own club wont even talk to its members nor commit to any particular stance to its own members. Evil or Very Mad

Please read what I originally posted above to which Flag No 9 is saying I am telling other people what to post.

In my view:

1. I asked Flag No 9, to give some supporting comments to back up his comments (politely)
   No threats in any way.
2. I supported Joe Tripodi as a standup forthright and yes honest man, because  
   (until last night) with many one on one personal conversations over many years I had no
   reason to think otherwise.
3. My last comment was based on truth, Joe at least fronted the NFC members twice
  before the vote and also made it clear on television again twice that the NFC would hold
  the clear line of "No", which is more than the West Adelaide members and supporters
  received (At the time of posting)

Subsequently, after the event, I respectfully advised all forumites that I was as most
members and supporters of the NFC were, shocked and aggrieved at the decision and
ashamed of our clubs back-flip.

Where, have I told Flag No 9 what he should write in forums???
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Go Legs wrote:

If you cant find any evidence of Joe Tripodi changing his mind then Leave Norwood and South who discussed this matter fully within its board and members/supporters to form a decision well out of your remarks.
You don't remember posting this?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:01 pm

That was taken from my second post also before last night's events, but also you didn't bother responding to my original open request with any further information on why I should think Joe Tripodi would change his mind.

So I re-defended someone who I thought I could trust, over what appeared at that time to be baseless rumour mongering information from another clubs membership.

Joe Tripodi as we all know, dishonored that trust night, You were right I was wrong, so hang me.
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Further to this issue a statement has been put on the NFC website by Joe Tripodi as to the vote activity last night.

NFC CLUB STATEMENT - AFC IN THE SANFL
16/08/2013 1:24:56 PM

Norwood Football Club - Information to Members and Supporters

AFL Support/Reserves teams in the SANFL League Competition

"The Football Club, through our Board, has repeatedly expressed its strongly held view that there was no need to change the current system of SANFL Clubs "hosting" AFL Crows and Power listed players when they were not selected in their AFL teams.

The NFC has been consistent in its public stance of opposing any change until a compelling set of circumstances were presented that together improved the position of the SANFL Clubs and ensured that the risks associated with Adelaide and Port Adelaide withdrawing from their relationship with the SANFL and playing in another competition were mitigated.

The League Directors met with the SANFL Commission last evening and after considerable debate supported putting a proposal to the Adelaide Football Club which details the conditions under which they could field a Support team in the SANFL League Competition in season 2014.

The NFC has deliberated extensively with the SANFL Commission and the two AFL Clubs in an endeavour to convince them of the merit of the current system.

This has been to no avail.

The Adelaide Football Club are adamant that all their listed players will play under one banner from season 2014 and the Port Adelaide Football Club has maintained its view that it wants to retain all of its SANFL conditions and also have its AFL listed players playing under one banner as soon as possible.

The Norwood Football Club Board rejected the Port Adelaide position and after much deliberation supported the proposal that is to be put to the Adelaide Crows re a Support team in the SANFL League Competition from season 2014.

In doing so the NFC Board was able to gain concessions that will significantly assist the Club in maintaining its position in the Competition.

The Norwood Board has only had the best interests of the Club and the League in mind in all the deliberations, discussions and decisions related to this incredibly difficult and important issue.

We recognise that this is a watershed moment in the Leagues history and that the proposed change may not sit easily with some of our members and supporters as we absorb the details of the proposal.

In reality we will not know the potential impact of this decision until we have seen it play out in season 2014 amid the other changes with Football now to go to the Adelaide Oval and with the potential sale of the two AFL licences.

What we can be assured of is the following.

The Norwood Football Club will remain a leader in the SANFL Competition and the foundation established over our long history and the culture of success consolidated over recent times will ensure our future is positive. Also we will ensure that the financial and game development commitments made by the Adelaide Football Club will be honoured.

The Norwood Football Club will continue to provide the best environment possible to develop our young men and allow them to reach their potential, we will strive to provide the best training and playing facilities we can for all our players and we will work to upgrade our members, sponsors and supporters facilities to the best level in the League.

We invite our members and supporters to an information night on Thursday 22nd August at 6.00pm in the Premiers Bar, where Board Members and Staff will be available to discuss all the issues and answer all the questions members and supporters may have about the future of the competition."

For any further information in regards to this matter please feel free to contact our Football Operations Manager Mark Ross (acting CEO) on 8362 6278.

Kind Regards

Joe Tripodi
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:13 pm

For what it is worth, this statement does not appease me at all.

I have always understood the code of Norwood that our soul reason for being, was to win premierships of the SANFL.

Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Go Legs wrote:

In doing so the NFC Board was able to gain concessions that will significantly assist the Club in maintaining its position in the Competition.

Are the other clubs aware of this and of what those concessions are?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Go Legs wrote:

Are the other clubs aware of this and of what those concessions are?
Sounds like Joe is trying to cover his posterior as he retreats. He went out on a limb and the rest of his board clearly cut it off behind him. Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Perhaps Norwood has had their recruiting ban removed or adjusted.

Perhaps it was not the Norwood Board rather a major sponsor that changed his stance.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:51 pm

oldfella wrote:Perhaps Norwood has had their recruiting ban removed or adjusted.

That would be completely outrageous.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Flag No.9, old fella the answer to your queries is I don't know.

But I do agree if the recruiting bans for next year have been lifted for the NFC and possibly the fine which is hanging over our heads has been deleted, then I hope Westies had theirs lifted as well, if not this is Bovine Excrement at its worst.

That recruiting ban ruling and lifting of a suspended fine can only come from within the SANFL, what were they doing negotiating on behalf of Crows entry???

It is written in another forum that some of the NFC biggest Sponsors leaned heavily on Joe to vote "YES" or face the consequences.

I don't know what to believe anymore, my standards of Code of Conduct which I admit are old school are not what others apply anymore so I am taking shelter and trusting nobody!!

Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Hopefully it isn't correct, but if Norwood have had their salary cap penalties adjusted in any way over this, you can add me to the list of those protesting vociferously.

Surely the SANFL wouldn't prostitute themselves doing that?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
oldfella wrote:Perhaps Norwood has had their recruiting ban removed or adjusted.

That would be completely outrageous.
I have being hearing the same money talks
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:53 pm

If they (NFC) have, we $hould get our monie$ refunded at We$stie$ $ince we need ca$h so badly and voted ye$ $elling our $soul$ too
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 am

Changing any recruiting bans I can sort of understand given all clubs need to replace AFL Listed Players.

Waiving the fines however?
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:13 am

blueandwhite wrote:I think its fair to say that I have never felt more proud of my club than I do today.Smile
And is your club going to stand in line for the $50,000 each year ?
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 am

testy wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:I think its fair to say that I have never felt more proud of my club than I do today.Smile
And is your club going to stand in line for the $50,000 each year ?
Absolutely..!

but we will wait patiently at the end of the line, as we havent spent ours yet.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 am

The rumors reference lifting/adjustment of the recruiting ban for Norwood are still around and I look forward to the SANFL clarifying the issue.

If true this is a disgrace
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 am

oldfella wrote:The rumors reference lifting/adjustment of the recruiting ban for Norwood are still around and I look forward to the SANFL clarifying the issue.

If true this is a disgrace
agree.Shocked 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2