Brucetiki
bigclock
Gingernuts
8 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Trigg back on deck Empty Trigg back on deck

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Trigg is back on deck today after his 6 month banishment for his part in the Tippett affair. He send this email to members this afternoon:

Dear member,

It's great to be back, and I'm genuinely very grateful to be back.

On return, the obvious thing to do is to say 'look forward, not back' - on a situation that hurt many people, and the Club generally.

But a very quick reflection (here) is important, if only to pledge that such a thing will never happen again to our Club. It's obvious that it's been a costly mistake, and in the time that I've had to reflect on it, I have an enormous sense of obligation to get it behind us, by working as hard as I possibly can to have us as the most united and successful Club we all want it to be.

I've been humbled by the generous support of so many people connected with our Club, and I sincerely thank Rob Chapman for filling the breach, and the Board, staff and playing side for their strong encouragement and backing, as well as the load they've had to carry.

It's immediately obvious that the Club has been busy, with a lot of positive progress on the key areas of licenses, Adelaide Oval, and the establishment of a reserves team - and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into those issues.

And finally to all those members and supporters who've sent through their best wishes, again - thank you.

I return to work absolutely determined to repay that faith and support.

He's got a lot of work to do. I hope for his sake he makes good on his promises.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Trigg back on deck Empty Re: Trigg back on deck

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm

I agree with BC.

The club has handled this whole situation quite poorly, and quite frankly, I am getting sick of Chapman's sulking every time expresses an opinion that is contrary to his.

What Trigg did was a gross act of incompetence, and should have been sacked. That the board chose to keep him on is disgraceful, and until Trigg and Chapman go, I have no confidence in the club's admin or board.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 pm

I am not to fussed about Trigg returning to the Crows. In the long run it could be the best thing they could have done. To learn from your mistakes can only make the Crows stronger. Let us see how the next 18 months pan out.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:13 pm

boys club
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:12 am

Brucetiki wrote:I agree with BC.

The club has handled this whole situation quite poorly, and quite frankly, I am getting sick of Chapman's sulking every time expresses an opinion that is contrary to his.

What Trigg did was a gross act of incompetence, and should have been sacked. That the board chose to keep him on is disgraceful, and until Trigg and Chapman go, I have no confidence in the club's admin or board.

They are very strong words Bruce and I might add they are pretty similar to the words echoed by many of my friends who are Adelaide fans.

Not only has it cost you Tippett, it has cost you seriously in the last and next draft and just might have closed the "premiership window" that most of us saw Adelaide opening last season.

On return, the obvious thing to do is to say 'look forward, not back' - on a situation that hurt many people, and the Club generally

Of course it is. To look back would only bring more pressure on your position and highlight the fact he should have been sacked.

I have an enormous sense of obligation to get it behind us, by working as hard as I possibly can to have us as the most united and successful Club we all want it to be.

Read - Get it behind me...

I'd be gutted if he was still running my club after clearly overseeing a monumental cock up.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:20 am

Whether people think he should have been given the flick or allowed to stay the debate will rage on.

The one thing that is highly unusual however, is that in this day of supreme and intense accountability in footy, this one flies 180 degrees against the trend.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 pm

There is obviously much more to him that what us regular punters can see from the outside.

Regardless of the recent saga it's good organisational practice to have the occasional change at the top. He's been in the gig for a long time now and I would've thought this could've been the opportunity to inject some fresh ideas into the place.

Adelaide has always seemed to have a bit of a 'jobs for the boys' mentality.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Personally I think this represents a big step backwards for the Crows and I think his presence at the club will place everyone there under additional strain. His email was penned pretty well, but how can anyone realistically believe a word of it? His word and his commitment are meaningless after his personal conduct towards the club and its members. I agree with the above that Rob Chapman is also damaged by it and I feel he also needs to be reconsidering his position at the club.

Lets not forget two things, one is that Trigg knew full well what he had done and refused point blank to accept any responsibility or to stand down whilst the investigation was ongoing which is what any professional person or indeed club would have done. Had he done the right thing then, then there might be a case for a second chance,

Secondly, lets not forget that the recruiting restrictions on the AFC and the fact that GWS and GC have so many priority picks first will do serious damage to the club over the next two seasons, that is a very unfair burden to place on Brendon Sanderson and Trigg has let Sanderson down more than anyone at the club.

If its about the club and not the individual, why would the AFC not have beaten down Neil Balmes door and made him an offer he could not refuse to run the club. Balme is someone who the running of the AFC would be in very safe and experienced hands from someone who could point to having taken sides well up the ladder under his management. For the AFC not to even look at these options smacks of an old boys club and will place a massive stumbling block in front of the club for it to become successful.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum