Booney
Gingernuts
howthewestwaswon
10 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Port v Collingwood Empty Port v Collingwood

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 pm

I know no one really cares (unless you view the world in black and white, with shades of teal) but this is close to the Match of the Round for me, or has Collingwood got this in the bag? If Port don't let the Pies get away to a fast start, they could possibly pinch it. But slow starts have been the Power's biggest problem IMO so as long as Collingwood don't get too far in front, it could be a good game.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Port v Collingwood Empty Re: Port v Collingwood

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't think Collingwood will let themselves get ambushed in the way Sydney did last week. They would've been studying the tapes during the week and would be well prepared for this match.

I think the Port youngsters will throw the kitchen sink at them, but I think they will come up short this time around.

Collingwood by about 20 points.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Not only is this the opportunity for a member to win a new Renault Megane, it is also the opportunity to make a genuine case for playing finals this year.

Backing up a win over Sydney with a win over Collingwood will be a massive confidence booster for our young side and give them the impetus to take it right up to the likes of Brisbane, St.Kilda, Adelaide,Gold Coast and Carlton in the home stretch and add to our current tally of 7 wins. With a win tomorrow (Cool we could expect to win 4 of those 5, if not all and make the 8. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but why not, this is fun again!

I was worried with Pittard and Cassisi coming back from long lay offs last week,but they showed the fitness staff know what they are doing and both played significant roles in the win over Sydney.

Boak has only missed the one week with his finger, so he should be fine to go. Trengove on the other hand has missed 7 (?) with his fractured foot which might leave him a bit short of run. That doesn't bother me too much as Hombsch and Jonas offer excellent support to our talls and if Trengove gets through over half a game thats fine by me....as he will, IMO, have first crack at the mobile Cloke. Collingwoods biggest threat up forward. Carlile can handle Cloke inside the defensive 50 while Trengove chases him when he is up on the wings.

Lobbe should be looking forward to this week with no Jolly and an old bloke who used to be Ben Hudson to ruck against and from that the mids should get the first look at the ball.

We now have set a standard for our forward press (I think earlier in the year it was run out of defence, the last two weeks have been about pressing up on the opposition ) and we need to maintain that over the next three weeks. Thats the biggest month of footy we will face this year and it will, if we attack as we did Sydney, set us up well.

I think we'll win this one.

Port by 12 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I picked the Pies in this one
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Port playing with pride, passion & intensity a total contrast to last year, they are entertaining to watch

they lead by 16 points at half time
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Another big scalp. I think if they can continue in this vein of form, they'll make the 8. They might not do anything once there, but it'll be a big confidence boost and another step in the right direction for them and SA footy.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Port Shocked Shocked 
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 am

Two quality scalps in a fortnight. Deserve a finals spot for sure.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:10 am

I actually like watching Port play. And I never thought I'd see the day - well unless it was because they were playing Collingwood - that A Dad was even watching the game and leaning on the side of barracking for port Shocked 
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:19 am

A Mum wrote:I actually like watching Port play.  And I never thought I'd see the day - well unless it was because they were playing Collingwood - that A Dad was even watching the game and leaning on the side of barracking for port Shocked 

Yea I'm a bit the same way. Shocked 

Port's renewal sets things up beautifully for the move to Adelaide Oval I reckon. With both teams firing AO could be a real tough trip for interstate teams.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 am

Only down side from the weekend is the Cassisi hamstring going again. I voiced my concerns in the post above and unfortunately it came true. Ageing bodies and hamstrings dont repair too easily and Dom might miss 4-6 weeks this time around. Pity, he still has alot to offer and by then there might not be a spot in the side for him.

Ollie Wines, Ollie, Ollie Wines. How good is this kid? 16 last quarter possesions, 8 contested, 5 tackles and a goal. I know that Jaeger O'Meara for the GC Suns is a gun, but Wines plays like a bloke with a 100 games under his belt.

Wingard again excellent despite a heavy tag. 22 touches and 2 goals in the third quarter to put a gap between us and the 'Pies.

Neade. This kid fights out of his weight division every week and doesn't get knocked out at all. His pressure around the forward half is superb. As he gets more games smarts and starts to collect 20 or so touches he will be so, so valuable.

Lobbe. Has taken the Number 1 ruck role and run with it. I felt he was our best option at the start of the year and he nows seems to be up to pace after hip sugery off season. Offers plenty at ground level ( 18 tackles in the last two games ).

Hombsch. What were GWS thinking? He might not be built like a genuine key defender but he sure puts his body on the line, has great "reach" to get his hands in and spoil. Reminds me a bit (I'm not rating him this highly yet) of Silvagni. SOS had that knack of getting a hand on the ball when he looked out of position in a contest. Mind you, SOS got away with riding full forwards for 15 years when the game was played (and umpired) in a completely different manner. Really like the look of this kid.

GWS gave us Hombsch and Neade for pick 28. Thanks fellas!!! cheers 
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:27 am

A lot of this years form can be put down to their efforts during the last trade week. I was impressed at their work at the time, and it sure has paid dividends.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am

Hombsch, Neade, Monfries all have come in and cemented places in the team. All have been very good.

Stevenson and Heath have added depth and run.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 am

And Port are playing an attractive style of footy. I enjoyed watching them against Collingwood.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Not only is this the opportunity for a member to win a new Renault Megane,

Did anyone drive the Renault home?

Have not seen or heard anything of it today.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 am

I think the ladies name was Nicole Campbell.(May not be right)

The names of the members were broadcast across the screen at half time with each one being assigned a number between 1-10. Lucky number 7 was the winner, on a night when many would have said Brad Ebert, #7, was Ports best.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks Booney, I hope she gets as much enjoyment out of it as the Power gave her last year
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:29 pm

the prowler wrote:Thanks Booney, I hope she gets as much enjoyment out of it as the Power gave her last year

RELAX fellas

Joking of course, they are a great little car, my brother in law has one and he is wrapped with it.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Laughing 

Nice work prowler.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts