+5
UncleHuey
Scrunch
Booney
bayman
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Round 8: Port v North.  Sunday 26 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 8: Port v North. Sunday 26 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon May 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Port v North

Sunday 26 May
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Port are coming off a poor loss to West, while North are coming off a solid win over the Eagles. Will Port respond to last weeks loss with a home win, or will North continue their winning ways?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Port v North.  Sunday 26 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 8: Port v North. Sunday 26 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 20, 2013 8:02 pm

North who are the real deal will win easily very easily, while Ken Macgregor was at Prospect last week doing his homework, however i can't see his men getting close
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Port v North.  Sunday 26 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 8: Port v North. Sunday 26 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Booney Tue May 21, 2013 9:46 am

I hope Kenny took LOTS of notes. He might need to take some ideas....
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue May 21, 2013 12:36 pm

I dont think there is any team I would select to beat North at the moment with the exception of possibly West. Cant see Port getting close to them Im afraid.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Roosters are looking good at the moment. Should win by 5 goals at least.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Booney wrote:I hope Kenny took LOTS of notes. He might need to take some ideas....

i don't even think he had a pen or paper, he was busy playing with his phone most of the day, perhaps he was sending text messages to himself instead of using a pen & paper, or he has a very good memory
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 pm

North by 9-10 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 24, 2013 1:00 pm

North to win at Alberton.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri May 24, 2013 2:10 pm

North should win and win well, but this year, although they have been more consistent, they have not really killed any side off. Their biggest margin was against The Dogs in game 1 of 41 points, and then two 38 point wins against South and the Eagles. No blowouts! Perhaps this might be the game, but it could also be the one where they fall over, which usually happens somewhere along the line.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Port won with their endeavour, commitment & their skill level was superior to Norths (which surprised me) & are definately on the right track

North, well bad kicking is bad footy but today was in complete contrast to last week, today the decision making & ball movement was very ordinary, i think the reporting of George Thring (who is one of my favourite players to watch) ended up being the difference because with that brain fade Port kicked the next 4 goals straight & the final margin was ?? well you do the maths & George should get a week for stupidity
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Bayman, you watch a lot of footy and that's a lot of years of enjoyment. I also went to watch this game and really enjoyed it as a neutral supporter.

Without the bias, there's no pressure and you can appreciate the game and be fairly objective, so here's my random thoughts:

North started well and it looked as if the game was likely to go as expected.

Ryswyk is a very good player, but finished up playing in several different positions to plug gaps.

Thurgood rarely gets the credit he deserves, but is a terrific, socks down, genuine team player.

What injury is Nathan Gordon carrying? He didn't play on-ball much.

I thought the umpiring was generally pretty good, with Port getting a little the better of some decisions, but no effect on the game.

North seemed to win the centre clearances pretty well.

Port moved the ball quickly and fairly directly.

I thought some of the players who were down included:

Johncock, 2 goals basically from lucky bounces, but didn't look either fit or involved enough.

Boras, looked a bit slow.

K Thompson, twice now I've seen him this year and thought he was disappointing.

On the good side, I thought Craig rucked really well and was a contender for the "Was that really me" award after he kicked a goal.

Really even effort from almost all the Port side. and they looked quick.

I've been away for a while and didn't recognise Ben Newton with the beard.

Had to stop myself after the game when I realised I was singing along to the Port song! Don't tell Booney Very Happy

George Thring is a good player. Here's some heresy for RobranisGod: George Thring is the closest-looking in physical terms to the great Barrie that I've seen for a long time?

Daniel Stewart took some great marks. It's a pity he can't quite cement a spot at AFL level.

Without Lewis Johnston, who have North got for the key forward spots apart from Stewart? I think Joe Anderson started at CHF yesterday?

Summerton just keeps on gettin the footy and doing something with it, but generally short-range?

Liked the games of Groves, Watt and Gray.

Thought the game was very entertaining, but particularly noted both sides flooding back on every slow forward play. Now standard procedure.

After that, it's North v West at Prospect next week. North will be a different team and it should be a great game, with North's record against West at Prospect a big factor.

Isn't footy great.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm

redandblack wrote:

Had to stop myself after the game when I realised I was singing along to the Port song! Don't tell Booney Very Happy

You'll be humming it in the shower one morning this week. You'll wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat wondering what it is that is on your mind. Why cant I sleep?

Then it will dawn on you.

You've become a Magpies supporter.

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Mate, it won't take over from the nightmares I still have about losing GF's by a few points to Port 50 years ago What a Face

It is engraved on every West supporters' heart - "Hate the Magpies" Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Mon May 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Good summary R&B. North played very poorly, about as bad as they could since coming into last year's finals. Their last dozen games including trials have been really good. Even yesterday, as bad as they were, take out Johncock's 2 lucky bounce goals, add Boras' 2 shots for goal that fell short that he normally would have kicked, and half of the 35m sitters that others missed, and there's about a 6 goal win. But almosts don't win games, even though it shows how close we were by still playing rubbish. Langford has been kicking them and yesterday couldn't hit the side of a barn, Stewart was playing further up the ground and there was no strong key forward. Hopefully it was the aberration and loss they needed to keep focussed. They would have learned something too from Port's constant and successful pressure.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Yes, MP, to see not one, but two shots for goal marked unopposed on the goal line was very poor by North and it makes you wonder about their concentration.

I thought you also missed Luke Ivens experience down back and would think he would come back this week.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 27, 2013 8:19 pm

redandblack wrote:Bayman, you watch a lot of footy and that's a lot of years of enjoyment. I also went to watch this game and really enjoyed it as a neutral supporter.

Without the bias, there's no pressure and you can appreciate the game and be fairly objective, so here's my random thoughts:

North started well and it looked as if the game was likely to go as expected.

Ryswyk is a very good player, but finished up playing in several different positions to plug gaps.

Thurgood rarely gets the credit he deserves, but is a terrific, socks down, genuine team player.

What injury is Nathan Gordon carrying? He didn't play on-ball much.

I thought the umpiring was generally pretty good, with Port getting a little the better of some decisions, but no effect on the game.

North seemed to win the centre clearances pretty well.

Port moved the ball quickly and fairly directly.

I thought some of the players who were down included:

Johncock, 2 goals basically from lucky bounces, but didn't look either fit or involved enough.

Boras, looked a bit slow.

K Thompson, twice now I've seen him this year and thought he was disappointing.

On the good side, I thought Craig rucked really well and was a contender for the "Was that really me" award after he kicked a goal.

Really even effort from almost all the Port side. and they looked quick.

I've been away for a while and didn't recognise Ben Newton with the beard.

George Thring is a good player. Here's some heresy for RobranisGod: George Thring is the closest-looking in physical terms to the great Barrie that I've seen for a long time?

Daniel Stewart took some great marks. It's a pity he can't quite cement a spot at AFL level.

Without Lewis Johnston, who have North got for the key forward spots apart from Stewart? I think Joe Anderson started at CHF yesterday?

Summerton just keeps on gettin the footy and doing something with it, but generally short-range?

Liked the games of Groves, Watt and Gray.

Thought the game was very entertaining, but particularly noted both sides flooding back on every slow forward play. Now standard procedure.

After that, it's North v West at Prospect next week. North will be a different team and it should be a great game, with North's record against West at Prospect a big factor.

Isn't footy great.

we must have been at the same game, Very Happy as for Craigs' goal well i can't recall seeing a big bloke do that before
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum