R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton Empty R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton

Post by Gingernuts Wed May 15, 2013 2:01 pm

A must win game for Adelaide this week at home against the Saints that most Crows fans would've been supremely confident about until the Saints shock win over Carlton on Monday night.

You would think though that in front of a home crowd and with a few of their key players regaining form and confidence, a victory is on the cards for Adelaide this week. With some tough match ups to come, they need this one in the book.

Port had a stumble last week and the question marks have started to pop up again. I think they might have a tough time of it again this weekend, although I'm not totally sold on Carlton either.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton Empty Re: R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton

Post by A Mum Thu May 16, 2013 9:19 am

Although I don't much care about the Port side of it - lol - I hope you're right re the crows side of it BC !!

R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton Empty Re: R8 - Adelaide v Saints - Port v Carlton

Post by A Mum Thu May 16, 2013 11:14 am

Time will tell then Laughing
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am

Well it wasn’t a pretty game for long periods, but it was good to see Adelaide get the points reasonably comfortably in the end.

A few observations:
- Great to finally see the big Sauce find some top form against quality opposition in the ruck. He was excellent in the centre and around the ground.
- The work rate of the whole team last night was impressive. In the second half in particular they ran their butts off to break the Saints defensive set ups and provide options for their team mates. Tommy Lynch in particular ran and ran, very impressed by him.
- Certainly getting a more even contribution across the board now. Dangerfield was relatively quiet but it didn’t matter, plenty of his team mates stepped up.
- While Walker’s injury will make it tough in 2013, it could end up being a blessing in disguise for the long term development of Adelaide’s attack. For Lynch and Jenkins to basically have a full season commanding the forward line will be invaluable for them as they learn their craft.
- Youngsters Kerridge, Brown, Lyon and Laird continue to impress. The depth in Adelaide’s squad bodes well for the next few years.

On to next week – North at Etihad will be an extremely tough assignment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 am

Gn, what is your current assessment of the West boys, Laird and Porplyzia?

Will Crouch go straight back in?

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue May 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Crouch was set to play for West last weekend - not sure if that happened. I would say within a couple of weeks he'll be back in the Adelaide line up.

Laird has been excellent since coming in, looks to be a great prospect.

Porplyzia is in trouble I think. He hardly managed a kick against GWS last week, and this week had minimal impact after coming on in the 3rd as a sub. The youngsters are starting to overtake him I think unfortunately.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Crouch played for West and had 24 possessions I think it was.

Porplyzia was pretty good as the sub on the weekend
brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum