Are the SANFL Advertiser journalists instructed to mention the AFL where possible?

Go down

Are the SANFL Advertiser journalists instructed to mention the AFL where possible? Empty Are the SANFL Advertiser journalists instructed to mention the AFL where possible?

Post by spell_check Mon May 06, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before...however, I had the misfortune of coming across the miniscule article from the Advertiser. In actual fact, I was interested to see out of all players who could have got a vote in the Woodville match. I had a go at predicting who the 3-2-1 was, even though it's not who I would have gone with.

I was spot on.

This is not an attack on whoever wrote the 'article' (in quotation marks because it doesn't say much except quote from the coaches); I'm sure they would gladly take more print space and have a more indepth writeup. I am just keen to know if the headlines and bulk of anything published is made to be AFL related? And therefore, the votes may be slanted towards AFL players more. This is not saying Redden was no way BOG; it's just that so many others had a legitimate stake to that claim.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Are the SANFL Advertiser journalists instructed to mention the AFL where possible? Empty Re: Are the SANFL Advertiser journalists instructed to mention the AFL where possible?

Post by spell_check Mon May 06, 2013 5:04 pm

And I didn't think this was a recent trend either. I'm not sure if I am permitted to link to a thread from six years ago, so I'll repost it - regarding Round 20 2007:

Give the Crows player the best player...
I did think McGregor played well, top 5 best players maybe, but to give him the best player for what seems to be on the back of two tackles is to me a classic case of an AFL player being given the "Star Treatment".

Even more amusing is this, the 2nd tackle noted:

"The Eagles stretched their lead to eight points two minutes later when a brilliant run-down from the Crows forward opened a path for Sam Fairclough, who slotted the running attempt to seal the defending premiers' win"

The tackle was laid by Mark Passador!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down