R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn

+2
BloodnTars
Gingernuts
6 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn Empty R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn

Post by Gingernuts Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Round 6 is upon us and the season now holds very different fortunes for Adelaide clubs.

The AFC are staring down the barrel of a tough season without Tex Walker up front, and many have all but written their chances of making the 8 this year. What a difference 6 months makes.

For all the talk though coach Sanderson does have some options to turn to to recast his forward line, and I think that if some of the senior players can find form then they may just be able to make a fist of 2013 yet.

This weeks game is a real tough ask, coming up against a Hawthorn team that have been pretty solid without being spectacular this year. Adelaide doesn't deserve your tip, let's be honest - but they haven't lost 2 games in a row under Sanderson and if I was an Adelaide player I would be very keen to get out there on Saturday and make a statement of intent for the rest of the season.

They say adversity builds true character - we're about to find out how fair dinkum Adelaide's playing list are.

Port on the other hand are flying, backing up from a superb come from behind victory against the Coasters for a matchup with North Melbourne this week. Boy do that have the belief at the momoment, and you can't help but think that they'll give this one a fair shake too.

Much has been made about Norths draw and the fact that they are playing great football without getting the wins, but I'm not convinced personally. I read an opinion article criticising their ball use and I have to agree - while they know how to win a hard footy they don't use it effectively enough when they get it.

I reckon Port might just get the job done again this week.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn Empty Re: R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn

Post by BloodnTars Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Ken Hinkley an out for the power with a virus. Alan Richardson will coach instead.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn Empty Re: R6 - Port v Nth Melb & Adelaide v Hawthorn

Post by Gingernuts Thu May 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Love your confidence BC.

My head says the Hawks by around 30 points, my heart hopes for a 'backs to the wall' style fight that sees us around your 15 point win suggestion.

I think Port will probably do far better than that prediction though mate. If they do lose it won't be by that margin, they have too much confidence to drop a game in that manner at the moment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 02, 2013 7:33 pm

bigclock wrote:Crows have been written off, backs against the wall when we play our best footy. Wouldn't be surprised if we win this. Crows by 15 pts.

Port - no chance against a decent side away from home this week. Nth Melb 40+

do North Melbourne know how to win ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat May 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Really disappointed by the lost tonight. That umpiring decision against Thompson was a real game changer.

It was good to see the boys finally bring the heat though. If they can bring that intensity to every game here on in then they are still very much a finals chance.

Good to see some blokes who have been out of form start to find some good touch too. Vince was great as was Reilly and Rutten. Talia was superb on Buddy also, and Jenkins was lively in attack.

Yep, definitely still some things to look forward to in 2013 yet.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Crows went well all things considered.
The Power, although there's that small bit of joy in the fact they got done, had me thinking, as they launched another coneback from nowhere; are they the real deal?
Gazz
Gazz

My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 am

You can't give the opposition that big a lead week in week out and expect to reel them in each time. The Power are yet to play a Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn etc so we'll have to wait and see. I think they're good enough to get their 12 wins though.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 am

I think both teams will make the finals from here personally.

Much will be made of Adelaide's poor start but I've seen enough in the their last quarter against Carlton & their performance against Hawthorn to believe they'll turn things around.

Top four is beyond them, but top 8 is still very much within reach.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 pm

A lot of discussion on the interwebs about the infamous umpiring decision - but when you think about it in the could hard light of day Adelaide's response to it was terrible.

To give away a 50 - then allow a goal - then lose the following centre clearance for another goal - all within seconds.

Poor stuff really, let's be honest. We can bleat as much as we like about the decision, but it didn't have to cost us so dearly had Adelaide been switched on a bit more.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum