Adelaide Hawk
robranisgod
Ben W
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Round 3: North v Sturt.  Saturday 13 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 3: North v Sturt. Saturday 13 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by Admin Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

North v Sturt

Saturday 13 April
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: Life FM

North are coming off a big win over Centrals at Elizabeth, while Sturt faded out in their 6 point win over Port at their home away from home at Norwood. Will North continue their solid form from last week, or will Sturt do enough to notch up another win?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3: North v Sturt.  Saturday 13 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 3: North v Sturt. Saturday 13 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm

North by 9-10 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 3: North v Sturt.  Saturday 13 April @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 3: North v Sturt. Saturday 13 April @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Sturt to lead early then North to run all over them & win by 7 or 8 goals

ps, did i read this game starts at 3.10pm ? i presume that is a miss print & it's 2.10pm
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Sadly I have to embrace the fact that North do not look half bad at the moment and will likely win this by a reasonable margin, North by 44pts for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Ben W wrote:Sadly I have to embrace the fact that North do not look half bad at the moment and will likely win this by a reasonable margin, North by 44pts for mine.

Why sadly? The few South supporters I know all have North as their second team.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

North should run out comfortable winners after Sturt push them for 3 quarters. North by 37 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:38 pm

North easily at Prospect.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

After seeing the clinical way that the Roosters despatched the Dogs last week, I am hoping that the new tough recruits they have secured have enabled the team to cast aside their inconsistencies, and steam roll their way to a big win. Sturt appear to play a half and then run out of puff. I'm expecting the Roosters to win by 60+ points. Anything less and I will be disappointed (and I suspect the coaching panel will too).
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:50 pm

North should win easily but maybe cockiness will undo them Wink
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:01 pm

brodlach wrote:North should win easily but maybe cockiness will undo them Wink

GEEZ - I hope not brodlach - we have nothing to be cocky about - just playing footy a bit harder than we have in the past.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:27 pm

You would think North easily but Sturt have shown they are very capable for periods. Think this North outfit will show the consistency this season that they have lacked in recent times though. North by 36 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Angus Graham and Brodie Martin outs for Sturt.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Mongrel Punter wrote:

GEEZ - I hope not brodlach - we have nothing to be cocky about - just playing footy a bit harder than we have in the past.

MP, i thought it was a great pun intended

a few of the Sturt guys i know that are close to the scene have told me that they (Sturt) fancy themselves this week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 pm

On reflection bayman, I can see the pun that was intended - that's the trouble with these forums that the intent is often missed through a lack of the sly wink or the raised eyebrow. If Sturt think they can win, good on them, but I don't think they know the new Roosters. Run over by the Eagles and almost by the Magpies, both of whom were not even close to the Roosters in skill or intent in the trials, Sturt would have to perform a lot better than their form has shown.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 am

bayman wrote:
Mongrel Punter wrote:

a few of the Sturt guys i know that are close to the scene have told me that they (Sturt) fancy themselves this week

You do mean to win Bayman? Wink
Sort of reads slightly differently.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 am

It was an intended pun
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Mongrel Punter wrote:After seeing the clinical way that the Roosters despatched the Dogs last week, I am hoping that the new tough recruits they have secured have enabled the team to cast aside their inconsistencies, and steam roll their way to a big win. Sturt appear to play a half and then run out of puff. I'm expecting the Roosters to win by 60+ points. Anything less and I will be disappointed (and I suspect the coaching panel will too).

And I think we ran out of puff again, just not as badly as the previous 2 weeks.
However, you can still see the problems in what occurs in the first half too.
We have bad mental lapses when the ball is turned over in our forward 50 (or thereabouts).
Blokes just don't know how to predict what to do or where to go when it is rebounded back as the opposition goes forward. North did it with training drill precision at times on Saturday. The margin could have been bigger as they had 10+ more scoring shots and could have hurt us badly.

I also noticed North forwards consistently 5 - 10 metres infront of their opponents. IE They run harder to space. We only rarely have our forwards presenting that far in front.

So for me it simple, our forwards don't run hard enough to present and our defenders / mids don't work hard enough in defensive transition. Other than that we show glimpses of form.

And the umpires continue to ruin the spectacle with a lack of empathy for the game. They cannot pick a free when the ball is moving, to save themselves. At least they were rubbish both ways so it had no bearing on the result, just everyone's enjoyment.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Another good wrap up Chambo. I agree with pretty well everything you said, and worryingly the content of your last paragraph is a blot on our game and continues to frustrate both players and spectators and take away the enjoyment as you said. On the whole I believe that many 25m penalties are the result of players' frustrations when they query what has happened. I thought Sturt performed quite well and I expected a bigger win. We just couldn't shake you. We did miss quite a few sitters and they may have stretched the margin to more like 50 points, but the fact is Sturt still plugged away, and seemed to do better without their large AFL contingent.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Yeah I just don't know about the AFL blokes. Some say we do better with them, some say without.

For mine, it is unsettling if there are too many changes with them each week.

We have had Tambling for all but 1 game last season and he has been very good knowing his role at Unley. Similarly with Riley. Definitely our best midfielder by a mile. His injury is untimely.

Jenkins is great and at FF we would be a much different unit. It would be like Chambo coming back. But I doubt we will see him again if he continues to improve. That probably doesn't bode well for McKernan, but the Bays won't complain.

But I'm not sure how many of the others will be in and out week to week.
Jaensch (who may be on the cusp of being cut from the Crows), Martin, Monfries, Pittard and others. If the Power keep on their current form, we won't see any of them either much.

It is the blokes hovering under 40 games (or 2 seasons) who I target as being inconsistent in that defensive transition. Although there are some glaring times when even blokes like Crane (who had a good return from injury on Sat), Thomson, Hurley, McIntyre who have been around a while, ball-watch also. I am hoping like hell this isn't a cultural thing that the coaching group cannot arrest. Jury is out on that one.

Changing tack, I was standing with my usual bunch of Blue-baggers, some of which have roles in the club. We stood and admired what you had done with your old stand. I believe a deputation from our club came and looked at it as something we could do with the McKay Stand at Unley which must be a similar age. It is a wooden stand and much easier to modify than a concrete one like the Oatey Stand. Of course what is the best way to dispose the stand between Gym, dining, bar, training room and other functions is the unknown I suppose.

One thing I think would be good to copy at Unley is the "Farmer" and "Robran" End signs. However, wacking them up high on the netting directly behind the goals would be my possie for them. May help blokes kick straighter too Very Happy

But who would we put up there. We talked about that. The Jumbo Prince was a unanimous choice. 7 B&Fs is hard to argue with. Other possibles were Bagshaw, Fitzgerald, Halbert, Morton. Perhaps we don't have such overwhelming choices as North's 2 champions. It is an interesting debate seeing as no player from the 1960's purple patch onwards adorns anything at Unley that I can recall.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:
Mongrel Punter wrote:

You do mean to win Bayman? Wink
Sort of reads slightly differently.

yes to win as for the ''Sort of reads slightly differently'' well isn't that every week ? Razz Razz
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down