Lee
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Executive Golden Handshakes - Page 2 Empty Re: Executive Golden Handshakes

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 pm

bigclock wrote:
Booney wrote:There can be no conclusion other than the world has finally and officially gone stark raving mad.

Kloppers has overseen a 34.8% drop in BHP profits for the year up to August 2012. BHP have repeatedly held the SA government and the people of this state ( twice now and will head into a third round of community feedback and government negotiations) to ransom over the Olympic Dam project that was to be the biggest economic boost to this state ever and was, I assume ( other than the GFC ) a major part of the goverments spending on infrastructure including the AOR, nRAH, Convention Centre, SAHMRI etc etc.

To be paid and annual salary ( including shares and benefits ) of $25m or more while overseeing the issues noted above and then, and then have the audacity to not only have negotiated but accepted a $75M handshake....

How it would be to sleep at night with no concious.

R&B, I am 100% with you. No one person is worth this amount of money.

Well, I tell a lie, if Bruce Willis or Will Smith had to redirect an asteroid away from Earth that would have wiped out the human race if not for its course being altered. I'd say that is worth $75M. Very Happy

He was employed by BHP not the SA Government - Had he gone ahead it may have been a bad deal for BHP. He owes the people of SA nothing - he was solely answerable to the shareholders of BHP. If the shareholders are happy to pay these amounts and the company can afford them then I don't see the problem. If they wish to compete on the international market they have to pay market prices for their leaders.

I agree with you there BC.

However staggering the numbers may seem, at the end of the day, the shareholders have the say.

(How about I go eat some hay? I can lay by the bay and make things out of clay. I just may. What do you say?)
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 am

This is a mind-blowing video about wealth distribution in America.

It's gone viral and is astounding.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/04/watch-video-on-wealth-inequality-in-the-u-s/

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum