Chambo Off To Work We Go
Lee
33 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

West's Financial Position - Page 6 Empty Re: West's Financial Position

Post by Bundy Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Thiele wrote:
Bundy wrote:Is  John Kantilaftas going to continue as CEO if elected.??
Think he is stepping down from the board to become the CEO if I read the article right.
Thanks JT i think that is what i was trying to say,but you explained it brilliantly.Very Happy 
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:37 pm

I agree with Flags No.9 the article was very poor. Hasn't Kym Morgan got anything else to write about
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 pm

I got to work this morning and was bombarded by people about the article. I had no idea what people were on about until I went online and read the article. To clarify, I might have trained with the league for a preseason many years ago, but I never played league or reserves.
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:43 pm

I think Kym Morgan should do a little more research before anymore writing about the Bloods, must have got mixed up with Kevin Beswick who played for West in the seventies while we were coached by Fos--but he probably wouldn't know who he was Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:53 pm

What rhymes with anchor.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Banker?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Tanker?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Bundy wrote:What rhymes with anchor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Ankers
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:28 am

Stop teasing.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

West's Financial Position - Page 6 Press-10
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Press Release Tuesday February 4, 2014 Following investigations by the Club in mid-2013, a former employee of the Club admitted to the unauthorised removal of a significant amount of Club funds. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount. The Board subsequently appointed an experienced Chartered Accountant to undertake an investigation to determine whether this was, in fact, the material extent of the apparent fraudulent activity. An extensive review of the Club’s accounting records, bank accounts and transactions involving the former employee was completed in early January 2014. The investigation resulted in discovery of a number of further questionable transactions and potential misappropriations of funds which were reported to, and considered by, the full Board of the Club. Upon review of this report by the former employee, a further amount of misappropriation has been admitted. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount. The maximum recovery of funds for the benefit of the Club has been considered to be of prime importance and this matter has been an issue of serious priority for the Board, together with taking steps to tighten administrative procedures and controls to prevent the reoccurrence of such a situation in the future. The matter has absorbed a huge amount of the Club’s resources and we look forward to a more positive and productive application of those resources with the finalisation of this matter.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:25 pm

I guess this media state was coming ,in that it has addressed a few rumours and myths around the place. The club seems to be content that the missing funds have been "recovered". However the one glaring question that seems to be unanswered ....Is the Club going to take the matter further?. I would say that reading between the lines of this statement, the answer would be ..No. Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:25 pm

stealing, embezzlement or whatever you want to call it should be punished by the law, this person could be employed down the track & that company may have no idea of this persons background (in relation to this) & that company could possibly end up liquidated as a result

mmmm if i robbed a bank, servo or whatever & got caught, do you think if i said i'll give you your money back i would 'get away with it' ?

West = WEAK
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Monday night will be interesting
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:54 pm

one of the biggest issues of all of this that has been ignored.

by not naming the person, then the names of any employee who has left the club in the last 6 months can be tarnished.

not that fair really.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Hardly, it's been on the front pages and anyone who doesn't know hasn't been paying attention.

I think the West Board has concentrated on getting all the funds back and have succeeded in that, which may not have happened if they'd taken different action.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

My mail is that there are some other personal issues involved in respect to the person involved, I well accept that people want justice and want the police called and so forth, yet in this case I have to agree that the club has done the right thing. The funds have been returned and a full investigation has been undertaken by the club and they are being upfront with members over it. I would suggest that if people really do feel aggrieved over it that they contact the club and get the full story, not what you are reading in the media. I suspect you may change your mind if that becomes the case. There is no weakness in showing compassion in situations like these.

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm

I think I agree.

Business is business and West are right in keeping channels open to get the money back.

Once that is in place, then you worry about any further action.

If a criminal offence is, or has been investigated by the Police, then it is really in their domain to deal with it.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 am

redandblack wrote:Hardly, it's been on the front pages and anyone who doesn't know hasn't been paying attention.

I think the West Board has concentrated on getting all the funds back and have succeeded in that, which may not have happened if they'd taken different action.

most sanfl people know about the case, that is not the point of what i was saying.

praise to west for showing compassion for the individual, but the point stands - not naming them can tarnish the name of other staff who have left in the last six months, for those who are not aware of the identity of the person involved
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am

Fair enough, but the former CEO's name was widely publicised in the media in relation to this matter and all the people who have spoken to me about this (and there obviously have been many) have had no doubt as to who the relevant individual is.

The major victim in this, in the end, apart from family members, was probably Andy Collins, who was unable to recruit just when he'd built our playing list up to a good standard. Recruiting of 2 players had to be done with his own money and money raised by supporters and many Board members.

I totally support the way the Board has handled this. Full restitution has been made, which I doubt would have happened if they'd handled it differently.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 am

Ben W wrote:My mail is that there are some other personal issues involved in respect to the person involved, I well accept that people want justice and want the police called and so forth, yet in this case I have to agree that the club has done the right thing. The funds have been returned and a full investigation has been undertaken by the club and they are being upfront with members over it. I would suggest that if people really do feel aggrieved over it that they contact the club and get the full story, not what you are reading in the media. I suspect you may change your mind if that becomes the case. There is no weakness in showing compassion in situations like these.

Hang on. There was a ( well, two ) substantial amount of money stolen, not borrowed, not lent but STOLEN from a community organisation.

Subsequently, it seems, the persons guilt drove them to extraordinary lengths. As bayman said, if he robbed a service station and gave the money back, would it be ok? If he, before that, threatened harm upon any individual would the service station take pity on him?

You lot are a bloody soft touch IMO.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 am

Threatened harm on any individual? Can you expand on that, mate?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 am

Surely the return of the money, and in quick time, to a "Community Organisation" is the number one priority?

I know I would rather have the money returned NOW, especially when it is needed, rather than wait for years to go through the courts and them maybe never see the money at all.

To me, common sense has prevailed. Whilst I think he should be held to account, what would he actually get as a punishment? No matter what he should still be named and shamed, none of this "former employee" crap.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 am

I'd say that West have acted on legal advice from the start.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 am

Im sure they have
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

redandblack wrote:I'd say that West have acted on legal advice from the start.

r&b is there a lawyer on the West Adelaide board ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next