howthewestwaswon
Booney
Gingernuts
Bundy
Lee
brodlach
12 posters

Go down

Isobel Redman Quits As Liberal Leader Empty Isobel Redman Quits As Liberal Leader

Post by brodlach Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

Pulled the pin this morning. Alexander Downer would be the likely replacement IMO.

Liberals are eating their own again.
brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Isobel Redman Quits As Liberal Leader Empty Re: Isobel Redman Quits As Liberal Leader

Post by Lee Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 am

Poor Isobel.

I got the feeling that she's probably a nice person, but not deceptive enough to be a 'successful' politician.

Will it be Lord Downer, or will Martin have another crack at it?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Isobel Redman Quits As Liberal Leader Empty Re: Isobel Redman Quits As Liberal Leader

Post by Bundy Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:25 am

libs will be on a real downer BOOM BOOM if they Select him.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 am

Mr Downer has announced he won't be standing.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:38 am

His wife has also announced as much apparently. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 am

He has got 18 days to change his mind, or hers Laughing
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Have we ever had a more diabolical choice of government leading into an election?

The incumbent have performed poorly, to the point that the Premier trusts none of his party enough to let them run the treasury, debt is spiralling out of control etc etc yet the opposition seem to be in a worse position!

What a bloody rabble.

More power to LGA's, abolish state governments, make the federal members earn their money in their electorate.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm

We are just returning to the early colonial days of SA Parliament. Feel like changing Premier every month? Wink
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm

[quote="Booney"]Have we ever had a more diabolical choice of government leading into an election?

The incumbent have performed poorly, to the point that the Premier trusts none of his party enough to let them run the treasury, debt is spiralling out of control etc etc yet the opposition seem to be in a worse position!

What a bloody rabble.

More power to LGA's, abolish state governments, make the federal members earn their money in their electorate.[/quote]

Not so sure this would be fantastic either. Dealing with many of them on a daily basis confirms their incompetence and in some cases, behaviour not in keeping with legislation.

I don't think we have brilliant governance at any level.
They are all too 'party-centric' or 'faction-centric'.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 pm

brodlach wrote:Pulled the pin this morning. Alexander Downer would be the likely replacement IMO.

Liberals are eating their own again.

Poor Isi, I can't think of one person that stands out to take over the leadership of the liberals, not one stands out screaming to be the leader. No No No
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Presumably it will be Hamilton-Smith, unless Mr Marshall breaks ranks with him.

You're right about lack of choice. IMO the Liberals should have won the last election, with 52% of the vote and Labor have been in a long time, but they seem to make an art form of infighting and instability.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Surely Martin H-S has had his chance
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Booney wrote:Have we ever had a more diabolical choice of government leading into an election?
What a bloody rabble.
More power to LGA's, abolish state governments, make the federal members earn their money in their electorate.
Not so sure this would be fantastic either. Dealing with many of them on a daily basis confirms their incompetence and in some cases, behaviour not in keeping with legislation.

Perhaps that is because LGA's are grossly underfunded/resourced. I take your point though... Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Booney wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Booney wrote:Have we ever had a more diabolical choice of government leading into an election?
What a bloody rabble.

Perhaps that is because LGA's are grossly underfunded/resourced. I take your point though... Very Happy

....mostly thanks to the cost shifting of State and Federal Govt also.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 pm

the Libs are going to lose the 'unloseable' election in March next year the way this is playing out......................Downer may do a 'Bob Hawke' & take over just before the campaign starts & be the ''knight in shining armour''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axe Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:27 am

Local governments are unconstitutional so shouldn't be doing what they are anyway
The Axe
The Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 am

Aren't local governments established by state govt legislation..and state govt's get their (admittedly restricted) authority/power through the constitution..?

FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axe Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 am

Point is, the comment about getting rid of State Govts and just having Local Govts isn't feasible.

Have a look at this website: http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/pages/About-Parking-Fines.html
The Axe
The Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Would agree with that. Would need a substantial rejigging of current constitutional arrangements for that to happen.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum