bayman
firstblood
Lee
7 posters

Go down

US Shooting Empty US Shooting

Post by Lee Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:18 am

Another terrible tragedy in the US.

Another time they will mourn and do nothing about it.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people", they will say.

"People with guns kill people" is what I say.

The NRA and its supporters are beyond disdain.

These were 5 year old kids at school, for goodness sake Sad Sad US Shooting 1840193976
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

US Shooting Empty Re: US Shooting

Post by firstblood Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:47 am

America and thier gun laws are a joke...

US Shooting Screen10
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:42 pm

when every Tom, Dick & Harry can buy a gun these tragedies will sadly keep occurring, watched some of it on tv including the Presidents speech but unless he & Congress bites the bullet (no pun intended) & change their gun laws nothing will change, i really wish these people with problems whatever they are should either seek help or shoot themselves rather than shoot innocent people & in this case young children
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Very sad Sad
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 pm

bayman wrote:when every Tom, Dick & Harry can buy a gun these tragedies will sadly keep occurring, watched some of it on tv including the Presidents speech but unless he & Congress bites the bullet (no pun intended) & change their gun laws nothing will change, i really wish these people with problems whatever they are should either seek help or shoot themselves rather than shoot innocent people & in this case young children

The trouble is, no one knows this sort of person has a very serious problem until he runs around killing everyone on site. Then the word comes out that he was a troubled student. How can you tell how far a troubled student can go?
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 pm

If guns aren't readily available then there's only so far he can go. Melt the bloody things down I say.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Computer games also advocating this sort of violence is utter bullshite.

The worst comment I heard today was the NRA stating that they couldn't believe no one at the school had a gun to fire back. You know they are frickin crazy if they make stupid and disrespectful comments like that. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Rage Against The Machine has been the songlist of the day for me today!
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Reading this about one of the teachers in the American school tradgedy today - brings tears to your eyes.....

"Today when the shooting started one of the teachers, hid her kids in closets and when the gunman came into her room she told them the class was in gym. She was then murdered. Not one of her students were harmed"

What an extroadinary human being. May she RIP US Shooting 1840193976
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Gingernuts wrote:If guns aren't readily available then there's only so far he can go. Melt the bloody things down I say.

I agree G/N but try and get them off of the Mafia, motorcycle gangs and other drug dealing cartels. Unfortunately it's not going to happen.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Yea I know, it's ingrained in the culture over there unfortunately.

That said if they rolled out a staged gun control program over 10 to 20 years, and coupled it with a sustained education program, then there's no reason why it couldn't still be relatively successful I reckon.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 am

America seems to have a habit of perpetuating hatred against itself, both home and abroad.

Time to change the gameplan maybe?

This is not meant to make light of this event, but were the seeds of this behaviour sewn in the time period of those John Wayne westerns, where everyone rides around with six shooters?

With that sort of gun culture filtered through today's questionable video entertainment options = whole world of mess waiting to happen somewhere
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Chambo,
if you can not separate real life to films then we all may as well go back to living in caves, lets get rid of toy, cap & space guns that kids get & i don't know if they still sell them but those little green soldiers we used to get as kids when we 'played war', well playing those games as a kid didn't make me feel like i had or wanted to kill people for real
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 pm

bayman wrote:Chambo,
if you can not separate real life to films then we all may as well go back to living in caves, lets get rid of toy, cap & space guns that kids get & i don't know if they still sell them but those little green soldiers we used to get as kids when we 'played war', well playing those games as a kid didn't make me feel like i had or wanted to kill people for real

There are those clearly that cannot do so. By locking up their guns and making them harder to access, it may prevent most (not all) of these people with mental issues from carrying out acts like this one.

As there is no real cure for this issue, prevention is the best way to go. And not just through education in schools (teachers have enough time worrying about how to parent other people's children because many people can't parent their own children).
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 pm

bayman wrote:Chambo,

Read it again Bayman. I think you misinterpreted the message.

Let me put it this way.

America ever since the War of Independence has had a gun culture. George Bush even celebrated it.
Other western countries did too, but most of them let it go.
The US never has. So if you get a gun culture mixed with attitudes distorted by entertainment of questionable content and people unable to put things in the right context, it is a recipe for disaster.

I played with little green soldiers, but I don't kill people either.

I think they have to change the gun culture, even if the pro-gun lobbyists don't like it.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 am

When the answer is that a kindergarten teacher should have a gun to defend her children, then the country has lost the plot.

When almost anyone can purchase an assault rifle over the counter, they've well and truly lost the plot.

I've travelled extensively in the US and love the place, but the voice of so many of the good, ordinary American people are drowned out by the vested interests of the NRA, some industry and the power of the rednecks.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 am

redandblack wrote:When the answer is that a kindergarten teacher should have a gun to defend her children, then the country has lost the plot.

When almost anyone can purchase an assault rifle over the counter, they've well and truly lost the plot.

I've travelled extensively in the US and love the place, but the voice of so many of the good, ordinary American people are drowned out by the vested interests of the NRA, some industry and the power of the rednecks.

I heard that argument this morning R&B, absolutely bloody ridiculous.

They also presented some unbelievable statistics, that there were more gun dealers in the US than McDonalds outlets, and more gun shops than major supermarkets. Also that the FBI did around 150 000 gun purchaser checks in November alone. Absolutely mindboggling stuff.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 am

Brilliant and funny article about guns and gorillas Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gorilla-sales-skyrocket-after-latest-gorilla-attac,30860/

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Hahaha, quality. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:28 pm

The latest NRA advert is just intellectually silly, but nasty all the same.

The gun lobby there is dangerous.

Can anyone ever answer the question:"Why does a citizen of a democracy need an assault weapon?"

You have to believe in the wildest conspiracy theories about'the government being out to get you' to be taken in by their stupidity.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down