2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion

4 posters

Go down

2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion Empty 2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion

Post by C.K Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 am

Spring Carnival has been underway for a couple of weeks, but some of the big lead-up races today, with the Epsom and Metropolitan at Randwick, and the Turnbull Stakes at Flemington.

In the latter race, keep an eye on Voila Ici, an import that is third up today. On the Cups trail and should give a big sight at the $7.00 quote.

In the Epsom at Randwick, race 7, number 13 is down in the weights and looks a big chance to cause a boilover, at $16 with Corey Brown aboard. Don't leave Kontiki Park out of multiples either, Gai Waterhouse is spruiking this highly at the $21 quote, and Ambidexter will also run strongly at the $6 on offer.

In the Metropolitan, keep an eye on one right down the board, the bottom weight, number 14, Peal Of Bells. Lightly raced young stayer on the way up, with an inform young jockey, Jason Collett aboard. On track for brighter things, and at $21, is a good each way tip. The favorite here, however, Glencadam Gold did beat him fair and square in the Newcastle Cup and at $3.50, looks to have big claims. The one I really like here, however, is Stout Hearted, at the $6.50 quote, with Glyn Schofield aboard.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion Empty Re: 2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion

Post by C.K Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:40 pm

If ever a horse had "back me in the Melbourne Cup next start" all over it - apart from Dunaden, which was ultra impressive in winning the Caulfield Cup today - it was Winchester.

This is the replay of the big race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=potHTg4DZ5E

Winchester settles second last of the field, red/brown colours. On his inside is Dunaden, yellow colours. Right in front of him is Alcopop, so has has the chance to track them into the race.

When Dunaden gets clear, Winchester tries to keep the back of him but is left a little flat footed at the sprint. Also cops a slight check with about 400m to run and has to hook around tiring runners. His last 200m is breathtaking, however, and looks the sort who will benefit from a bigger track. Ran into 9th, but was the only one - apart from Folding Gear in 7th - noticeably taking ground from Dunaden.

Currently $35 on fixed odds for the Cup. Will be fourth up in Australia if he starts in the Cup and looks ready to produce.

My Quest For Peace was ridden upside down at his first Australian start, and had the nerve to challenge at the 250m mark before running out of puff. If ridden more "cold" with a sit in the Melbourne Cup, he also looks ideal for Flemington.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion Empty Re: 2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion

Post by testy Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Dunaden's finish on Saturday was just what the connections would have hoped for leading into this years Melbourne cup, will he have one more start before the big race ? The mackinnon maybe.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Cox Plate looks a cracking race, but All Too Hard looks the one down in the weights. Should be suited by a frantic pace up front, sitting off the speed and sweeping home, ahead of Ocean Park and More Joyous.

C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:48 pm

they tell me 'the emporer' had a big day at Morphettville today, well done to him & to everyone else who won..............

for those that lost, have something on r 5 no7 Martial Artist at Globe Derby tonight, from the draw i think tonight will be his night to salute by using the sprint lane for victory
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 pm

bayman wrote:they tell me 'the emporer' had a big day at Morphettville today, well done to him & to everyone else who won..............

for those that lost, have something on r 5 no7 Martial Artist at Globe Derby tonight, from the draw i think tonight will be his night to salute by using the sprint lane for victory

sorry got it wrong, he didn't have the pace to keep the leaders back, however he did salute Cool 2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion 1222615787 2012 Spring Racing Carnival: Tips and discussion 169538438 Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 am

the biggest story to come from the track yesterday is that the race-callers in SA are very concerned for how long they may hold their positions for. IN an unprecedented move the SAHRC have decided to give a talented young race caller the opportunity to call the pony races over the summer. Im sure the young fella will relish the chance to have his dulcetones heard by the big crowds that do go out there a few times a year. I wonder if there are any "special" lines that may be thrown out there to give the pundits something to cheer!
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 pm

i'll say this that when the trials were on Sundays (Mondays in between races from September through to December) one of the young trial callers called the winner (She's A Killer) as ''She's A Killer kills them''.....last Monday race caller Jimmy Jacques used the same line in an actual race.....both young men do a great job, i'm sure both of them will call the pony races over the summer starting November 3rd........anyway now get back on topic
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down