Season Preview - South Adelaide

5 posters

Go down

Season Preview - South Adelaide Empty Season Preview - South Adelaide

Post by Ben W Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm

In's: Tom McNamara (Melbourne / Returning), Justin Bollenhagen (Fremantle / Returning), Tim Houlihan (West Coast Eagles), Mitch Bosley (SHOC / Glenelg), Ben Casley (GWS), Cam De Visser (SHOC / Glenelg), Ben Dowdell (Mini Draft – Crows), Todd Pfeiffer (North Adelaide) (Tom Redden (Keith / Glenelg), Xavier Watson (Port Magpies), Daniel Bass (Port Power)

Out's: Brent MacLoed (Vic), Mitch Sandery (Retired), Adam Cockshell (Retired), Sam Livingston (Vic), Nathan Lyons (Vic), Andrew Horne (Vic), Dean Brogan (GWS), James Turner, Andrew Carter, Daniel Trevena, Steve Woods

Several outs for South, but its my feeling that the ins are both a good replacement group of players and actually see an increase in depth over last season.

My tip for South is to finish fifth. Last season we made the finals on account of other sides losing, our real form and improvement was against Glenelg as a higher ranked side, but we fell short against the top three of the SANFL and Port Adelaide when it counted. Ron is now into year no 3 of a five year plan at South, and I expect to see continued improvement in our list accordingly.

South need to beat the likes of the Eagles, Norwood and Central at their home grounds to actually show improvement this season. I think we can take a big scalp this season, we have Pace in our side, we need to have our skills up to match it, if we do we are every chance of September action.

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Season Preview - South Adelaide Empty Re: Season Preview - South Adelaide

Post by blueandwhite Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Well sorry but I beg to differ Ben.
I believe the panthers will be a top 3 prospect. They have added depth youth and strength to the list from last year. McNamara and Bollenhagen bring youth and Afl experience,Bass is a great in as he showed really good improvement last year.Crate and O'keefe wiil belike new recruits after both hardly firing a shot last year.Houlihan and Casley also bring AFL experience and versatility. Stand by for blast off!
Season Preview - South Adelaide 1920501681
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:17 pm

It seems to an outsider that the three main 'outs' are Lyons, MacLeod and Horne (?).

They seem to be well covered and the main question might be how quickly the new recruits settle in.

Liddle is a key player.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Does anyone know did Tarak Redigolo stay with South or go elsewhere?

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Well sorry but I beg to differ Ben.
I believe the panthers will be a top 3 prospect. They have added depth youth and strength to the list from last year. McNamara and Bollenhagen bring youth and Afl experience,Bass is a great in as he showed really good improvement last year.Crate and O'keefe wiil belike new recruits after both hardly firing a shot last year.Houlihan and Casley also bring AFL experience and versatility. Stand by for blast off!
Season Preview - South Adelaide 1920501681

Agree with B&W....Top 3 for sure in 2012. Ron's 3rd year at the helm...anything less will be a disappointment.

We have a very fast, young list with a few being at the club a few years now. No excuses now.

If Wundke fires up in 2012....look out. Very Happy

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down