brodlach
Big Phil
Adelaide Hawk
howthewestwaswon
Flag No.10
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Norwood v West  Friday May 12, 7.40 Coopers Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwood v West Friday May 12, 7.40 Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm

the future brothers in law could be playing league together very shortly now, AH is it correct that Norwood approached Gallagher after the injury to your captain KM ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Norwood v West  Friday May 12, 7.40 Coopers Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwood v West Friday May 12, 7.40 Coopers Stadium

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

bayman wrote:the future brothers in law could be playing league together very shortly now, AH is it correct that Norwood approached Gallagher after the injury to your captain KM ?

Not entirely. I've heard since before round 1 that Gallagher may be resuming. I would think the season ending injuries to Bryce Campbell, Will Young and Kieran McGuinness, grouped together with the continued doubt over Gavin Hughes, the mid-season loss of James Aish, and the possibility of being weakened by the promotion of AFL players would have been a factor.

Maybe the loss of McGuinness sealed the deal, that I don't know, but it was always the plan to have Gallagher in the reserves in round 8.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

ok, thanks, i'd suggest from what you say & what a 200 game retired player told me that the Mcguiness injury did seal the deal
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 pm

bayman wrote:ok, thanks, i'd suggest from what you say & what a 200 game retired player told me that the Mcguiness injury did seal the deal

I don't think so, as has been mentioned it was already happening before the Mcguiness injury. It was more a case of Gallagher proving his fitness.

Norwood should win this, of course we will lose one eventually but if we turn up to play this shouldn't be the one we drop. Some talk Pfeiffer will drop back.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Claret Pedigree Thu May 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Will be interesting. This will be a good test for the bloods but the the legs seem to be the form side at this point. West are yet to prove themselves.
Claret Pedigree
Claret Pedigree

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 am

StrayDog wrote:Norwood by about six goals, bulldozing everything in their path at the moment.
Makes a nice change from everything being 'bulldogged' !
Wink

Well, nice for us so far. Cool
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Fri May 11, 2012 3:47 am

^ Laughing
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Pfeiffer officially an in for Norwood, Phillips officially an out.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Fri May 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Norwood @ $1.25.

Very generous. Put your wife's savings on it.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri May 11, 2012 10:04 pm

woohoo

Nwd…13-8-86
West…5-9-39

Goals
Nwd…Evans x 3, Jericho x 2, Dawe, M Thomas, Webber, Donohue, Pfeiffer, Warren, Suckling, Batsanis
West…Fisher x 2, Macreadie, Homburg, Fisher

Quarters
Nwd…4-1...6-1...10-2...13-8-86
West…2-2...4-3...5-4.…5-9-39

Crowd…4641

Ressies
Nwd…19-10-124
West…10-2-62

Regards
JAS
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 pm

FULL TIME @ COOPERS STADIUM

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

N'wd - 13.8 = 86

West - 5.9 = 39

Redlegs win by 47 points

GOAL KICKERS:

N'wd - M.Evans 3, L.Jericho 2, B.Warren, N.Batsanis, D.Pfieffer, M.Suckling, T.Webber, B.Dawe, J.Donohue, M.Thomas

West - Br. Fisher 2, B.MacReadie, Be. Fisher, N.Homburg 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

http://sanfl.championdata.com/matches/17170801/afl_summary.html

INJURIES:

N'wd - T.Webber (ankle)

CROWD: 4,641 at Coopers Stadium

RESERVES:

Final Scores

N'wd - 19.10 = 124

West - 10.2 = 62

Redlegs win by 42 points

GOAL KICKERS:

N'wd - T.Langford 6, M.Newton 4, J.Gallagher, F.Baytell, M.Chippendale, E.Smart 2, P.Leviki 1

West - T.Silverlock, B.Newton 2, C.Bonney, M.Lobbe, M.Rankine, P.Barrett, B.Eagle, L.Hill 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ca Fri May 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Norwood were just a bit to good.all over the ground. I thought our midfield while not winning the hit outs dominated. I thought Pfeiffer, Cachia and Batsanis played well. I still worry about our ruck and the key defensive roles.

West look like they will be around the mark this year, I really think Collins needs to pull a few players heads in. I've always thought they have tried to play that 'in your face' style football which can work but in the end its the scoreboard where it counts. It just seem to become a distraction.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat May 12, 2012 12:08 am

Perhaps for the first time ever, I really didn't quite know what to make of tonight's game. I thought West had our measure early, when they went long they looked dangerous, but when the siren rang at 1/4 time, Norwood were 20 points ahead.

West had players running, getting numbers to the ball, but were unable to apply scoreboard pressure. If it wasn't for a scoreboard, I honestly would have thought West were leading.

West drew to within 10 points at the large break. Once again, it seemed surreal to me that Norwood were in the lead. In the 3rd quarter, West's game plan broke down and Norwood took control of the game by stretching the lead to 28 points at the final break.

Norwood's midfield was working very hard to shake off a determined West Adelaide unit. The final quarter became a non-event and Norwood ran out comfortable winners by 47 points.

It will be interesting for me to read comments from Bloods supporters, but I found Andy Collins' approach to the game confusing. Even more confusing was watching a hard tag placed on Dean Terlich for the entire game, I really failed to see what that was meant to achieve.

Anyway, happy to win the game and get the points. It's been a good start, I can only hope we can build on it.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat May 12, 2012 5:41 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Even more confusing was watching a hard tag placed on Dean Terlich for the entire game, I really failed to see what that was meant to achieve.

Andy obviously felt that a lot of Norwood's forward forays have been set up by Dean Terling playing that running half back and using his nice foot skills. Collins chose to play the 'defensive forward' in Nick Homburg on him, which we are seeing more and more, at all levels of footy.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 am

Big Phil wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:Even more confusing was watching a hard tag placed on Dean Terlich for the entire game, I really failed to see what that was meant to achieve.

Andy obviously felt that a lot of Norwood's forward forays have been set up by Dean Terling playing that running half back and using his nice foot skills. Collins chose to play the 'defensive forward' in Nick Homburg on him, which we are seeing more and more, at all levels of footy.

Well, I think Andy discovered that by stopping Terlich from getting the ball, you don't stop Norwood. You're right, we are seeing it more these days, but that doesn't mean it's effective. Terlich's value to Norwood is his chasing and tackling, not his ability to set up plays. Coaches are weird people.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 am

Homburgs celebration after his second quarter goal was fairly ordinary.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat May 12, 2012 10:41 pm

u/18s

West 16.9.105
Norwood 6.7.43
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun May 13, 2012 7:47 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Well, I think Andy discovered that by stopping Terlich from getting the ball, you don't stop Norwood. You're right, we are seeing it more these days, but that doesn't mean it's effective. Terlich's value to Norwood is his chasing and tackling, not his ability to set up plays. Coaches are weird people.

Agreed on all fronts AH...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mypaspectiv Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Although disappointed with the loss to Norwood I thought that West played a strongly contested, fast and positive style of game and even though the margin ended up 47pts it honestly seemed like a 4 goal loss game.

Even Nathan Bassett made positive comments about the quality and style of game West played which is unusual for him because he has generally bagged the way they play. I suppose in the past he has had good reason to.

Norwood are a very good team and certainly know how to set up and play the confined spaces on Norwood Oval. It will be interesting next time they Play West at City Mazda Stadium where there is a lot more room to lead into space and less chance of clogging up every avenue.

The real positives for West to come out of the game were the clearance dominance of Chris Schmidt, the continued improvement of Adam Hartlett and the solid and reliable defence of Joel Tippett. The more they play together the better they are becoming.

The Crows should be having a close look at Joel Tippett (with an ageing full back in Ben Rutten). I reckon he could be a great aquisition to fill Ben's boots in the next couple of years if they are prepared to give him a go. He is tall, strong and a handy accurate left foot kick and I think spending this season at SANFL level will only help him develop further. It may also help another obvious looming problem for them.

The next 2 home games against South and the Eagles will determine the club's fate for the 2012 finals race IMO.

Two good wins before the half way mark of the season and then we can start looking at breaking that finals drought.
mypaspectiv
mypaspectiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm

mypaspectiv wrote:Norwood are a very good team and certainly know how to set up and play the confined spaces on Norwood Oval. It will be interesting next time they Play West at City Mazda Stadium where there is a lot more room to lead into space and less chance of clogging up every avenue.

One argument in Norwood's defence is they have also beaten Port at Alberton, and Central at Elizabeth, so they aren't relying on confined spaces to win football games.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed May 16, 2012 3:11 pm

mypaspectiv wrote:Although disappointed with the loss to Norwood I thought that West played a strongly contested, fast and positive style of game and even though the margin ended up 47pts it honestly seemed like a 4 goal loss game.

But when you only kick 5 goals for a game, a 4-goal loss is fairly substantial. It would take us another 4 quarters to kick the 5 goals needed to win.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2