Adelaide

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adelaide  - Page 29 Empty Re: Adelaide

Post by bayman on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Disappointing if true Bayman but is there anything in particular driving the alleged request? And by northern do you mean Brisbane/GC?

without going into exacts, lets say family & yes to Queensland
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 pm

bayman wrote:
IAmTheWarrior wrote:Disappointing if true Bayman but is there anything in particular driving the alleged request? And by northern do you mean Brisbane/GC?

without going into exacts, lets say family & yes to Queensland

Yea a real shame if true. Had a breakout season this year, and has just been unlucky enough to find himself on the fringe at the end of the season when Adelaide have very few injuries and are in good form (he's no orphan there either, Grigg and Kerridge are two others that I would consider unlucky not to have cracked the side again).
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Channel 7 reporting Don Pyke will be the new coach.

.....and that Dangerfield will sign a long term contract with Geelong.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:30 pm

So as expected the Dangerfield speculation has really heated up now that Adelaide are out of the finals.

I'm still holding onto the small glimmer of hope that he might stay, but should he be off to Geelong like every man and his dog are reporting then I think Adelaide need to play hard ball on this one.

People are always going on about how footy is a business now - well if this is the case, then how can Adelaide as an entity who's purpose is to win flags roll over and accept pick 16 as compensation for a player who is probably top 3 in the comp and was originally taken at pick 10?

They just can't. They've been done over far to many times in the last decade with other clubs just pilfering their squad. They did okay out of the expansion sides, but they got unders for Gunston and sweet FA for Tippett.

They need adequate compensation this time around, they just have no alternative but to match the offer and force a trade IMO. To not do so would basically accept mid-table mediocrity for another 3 years at least, possibly more.

They are not a Hawthorn who had the depth to cover the departure of Buddy. They need adequate compensation to keep the squad development on an upward curve. All parties (Adelaide, Geelong & Dangerfield) should understand this.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Adelaide have been pushed around at the trade table over time, about time they stood up strong and I think Fagan, Chapman and Noble are the blokes to do it.

Trigg wanted nothing to do with trades or Adelaide causing waves, he had skeletons in the contract closet to keep hidden away.I'd imagine Walsh would have been set to play hard ball too.

It's the formality in all this that's annoying. If Adelaide could just ring up Geelong, say "Look, we'll match any offer you table. What have you got for us in a trade?"

None of this to-and-fro stuff, we all know he's off, just make it as easy as possible.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Exactly, and like I said Geelong and Dangerfield should both understand that Adelaide can't afford not to fight for him/compensation for him and that the move will have to be facilitated by trade, not by the free agency process.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Geelong will be careful at giving away too much, they have the upper hand here.

If Adelaide match the offer, then Geelong say here's our first round pick and so-and-so and Adelaide say no, it's not going to get any better for Adelaide from there. Having said that, Geelong don't want to reach an impasse.

I think Adelaide should say Jordan Murdoch and a second round pick. Murdoch offers outside run, is an SA boy and might be up for a go home trade. If you get him, a second rounder is just a kicker in the deal.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:45 pm

I don't think Adelaide would be expecting to get truly adequate compensation out of Geelong, but I would suggest a player and a pick would be on their radar similar to the suggestion you have provided.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:49 pm

The other big news to come out of Adelaide is who will be coach next year.

Once again lots of speculation around the traps - but I recall no one actually being anywhere near predicting Phil Walsh last year until basically the day of the announcement.

I think we might be in for a surprise on this appointment, yet again.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:54 pm

With Walsh coming from left field I think they'll be in a similar mind set, perhaps the bloke who presents the best not actually the best CV?

Having said that, Walsh had an amazing CV when you look at it.

Who do you think Ginge?

Pyke, Camporeale, Burns, Harvey?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm

I'm not in the Camporeale camp personally. I think he's done a supreme job this year, but I just don't think he's displayed enough hunger for the job full time.

Pyke? Burns? Harvey? I honestly don't know.

One thing I will say is that I have faith in the Club's management to make the right call, something I wouldn't have said even 12 months ago.

I would not be surprised at all if it was a real left fielder again, using the same decision making process as for Walsh as you point out.

The reality is that if you genuinely want to win a flag you can't just look for 'Thompson 2.0' or 'Clarkson 2.0'. We've been there and done that, and it just doesn't work.

You need someone who presents in a way that suggests they are ahead of what's trending in the game, not just replicating it.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Add to that Camporeale doesn't strike me as someone who would eyeball you and you know he meant it. That may be part of how he handled this year, hardly the time to go ape **** on a playing group with what they'd been through, but he doesn't have that Clarkson, Walsh, Malthouse, Worsfold look in his eye.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 pm

Yea well said. The head coach needs that ability to be brutally honest when required.

Pyke and Blakey strike as ones that could do that, and possibly Harvey as well.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Booney wrote:Adelaide have been pushed around at the trade table over time, about time they stood up strong and I think Fagan, Chapman and Noble are the blokes to do it.

Trigg wanted nothing to do with trades or Adelaide causing waves, he had skeletons in the contract closet to keep hidden away.I'd imagine Walsh would have been set to play hard ball too.

It's the formality in all this that's annoying. If Adelaide could just ring up Geelong, say "Look, we'll match any offer you table. What have you got for us in a trade?"

None of this to-and-fro stuff, we all know he's off, just make it as easy as possible.  

A report coming out that we've got Geelong's first rounder for the next 2 years. I must admit, I actually forgot that future draft picks could be traded now.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:43 am

Gingernuts wrote:
Booney wrote:Adelaide have been pushed around at the trade table over time, about time they stood up strong and I think Fagan, Chapman and Noble are the blokes to do it.

A report coming out that we've got Geelong's first rounder for the next 2 years. I must admit, I actually forgot that future draft picks could be traded now.

If that's the case, a win for Adelaide. ( Of sorts )
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:

If that's the case, a win for Adelaide. ( Of sorts )

Depends where Geelong finish next year
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:27 pm

I think Geelong would need their first round oick this year for Henderson.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:59 am

Interesting "development" with the AFL and the Bulldogs investigating if information was shared from a Bulldogs player, Michael Talia, to his brother and Adelaide player, Daniel Talia, prior to Adelaide's win over the Bulldogs in the Elimination Final.

Michael Talia was out of the Bulldogs line up in Round 22 with an ankle sprain and never recovered his spot in the side.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24 am

Booney wrote:Interesting "development" with the AFL and the Bulldogs investigating if information was shared from a Bulldogs player, Michael Talia, to his brother and Adelaide player, Daniel Talia, prior to Adelaide's win over the Bulldogs in the Elimination Final.

Michael Talia was out of the Bulldogs line up in Round 22 with an ankle sprain and never recovered his spot in the side.

Storm in a teacup that one IMO.

In other news, word is Adelaide will be coming out and making a statement about the Dangerfield situation this morning.

My guess is they'll be confirming his request to leave, and possibly go as far as confirming that they'll match the offer and seek a trade.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:46 am

I have to say, the more this Dangerfield stuff goes on, the more I feel okay with him leaving.

Is it just me, or does he seem to be enjoying the attention a bit too much?

Perhaps my vision is being clouded by my disappointment at him leaving and I'm being a bit harsh - but he seems to be liking the way the football world is revolving around him at the moment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:25 am

He's lapping it up mate, lapping it up.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 am

Booney wrote:He's lapping it up mate, lapping it up.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I think the prospect of being the 'saviour of Geelong' appeals to him greatly to be honest.

We all know his quality as a player and Adelaide will definitely be hurt by his departure in that sense - but culture wise perhaps his departure is not such a bad thing. A club can't revolve around one person/player.

There's just a tad of hypocrisy about it all too, given the way he laid into Tippett when he departed.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:51 am

Dangerfield has officially quit
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Patrick Dangerfield has informed the Adelaide Football Club that he wishes to exercise his rights under the AFL’s free agency rules to return home to Victoria.

Crows Chief Executive Andrew Fagan said:

“Whilst disappointing, we understand that Patrick's decision has been made for personal reasons.

“We will now consider our options, however, our Members and supporters should rest assured that in doing so we will make decisions and take action that is in the best interests of our football club.”

The Club will make no further comment at this stage.

The Free Agency period doesn’t officially open until Friday, October 9, while the AFL Trade Period runs from Monday, October 12, until Thursday, October 22 at 2:00pm (AEST).

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-09-23/dangerfield-to-pursue-free-agency
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Gee, that was worth the wait! Laughing

I quite enjoy Fagan's press releases actually, never more than a paragraph or two and straight to the point.

Over to you Adelaide recruiting staff - in the words of our late coach, get the job done.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum: