Rugby Union...you wont believe this

2 posters

Go down

Rugby Union...you wont believe this  Empty Rugby Union...you wont believe this

Post by bayman Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 pm

''OWNERSHIP OF THE GAME''

as some of you are aware my boss is heavily involved with Rugby Union, well because there were no Australian Referees in the recent RWC, 'NSW' has decided to have the referees 'take ownership' of the game, they must do a pre match report on what they expect will happen Shocked & write down what he'll do, & give to his referee's coach to read

eg BRIGHTON V SOUTHS

the referee would put something like (without knowing the exact terms etc) ''Brighton backs are strong so expect many knock-ons'' ''Souths are a quick running team who throw the ball around'' this player always goes to his left etc etc

then after the match he talks to his ''referee's coach'' for feedback, he then does his own report on what he did right or wrong & what he must rectify for the next match

by wednesday he must do a prematch report for the next game & the cycle starts again

i can tell you that every referee in South Australia is not happy with this at all, it takes too much time, it makes it too premeditated & so on & btw at a recent game because of the premeditation of the referee a certain team was awarded 10 penalties in the first 12 minutes

i just hope we in footy, never see umpires take 'ownership of the game' with a predetermined outlook on the upcoming match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rugby Union...you wont believe this  Empty Re: Rugby Union...you wont believe this

Post by Lee Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:02 pm

That is just dumb Shocked
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Rugby Union...you wont believe this  Empty Re: Rugby Union...you wont believe this

Post by bayman Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 pm

redandblack wrote:That is just dumb Shocked

absolutely R&B, i've read both the pre-match & post-match reports & as i said the people in South Australia can't believe it & don't want a bar of it, but they have to follow the ARU (not NSW as i said) rulings etc

R&B, if i think of it i'll show you a copy on friday night Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks, bayman. I think I'll be working during both games though on Friday night.

Hopefully I'll get to have a quick chat.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm

ok, no worries, yep will have a quick chat for sure
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down