bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

South Adelaide all things 2021  Empty Re: South Adelaide all things 2021

Post by blueandwhite Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:17 am

It can. But a bit of luck would help!!
We will be waiting with baited breath for the AFL pre season draft which seems to relieve us of a ruckman a week before the season every year.....
However, Im fairly sure South will maintain the nucleus of its squad for 2021.We played 9 players under the age of 21 in this years Preliminary final, and they will certainly be better for the experience. We will probably lose Dumesny, McGreery and Cook and maybe 1 0r 2 more in the draft; but investment in our junior program over the last few years is bearing fruit and I'm sure we will find a few youngsters to replace them.
Injuries this year saw captain,Matthew Rose barely fire a shot, and Liam Fitt miss the finals. Also youngsters with size and promise- Frietag and Sladojevic were hampered by injury so I will be keen to see how they progress if injury free in 2021.
Best and fairest winner for 2020 was Matt Broadbent who won narrowly from Joel Cross and Joe Haines in 3rd position.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:34 am

Andrew Capel just tweeted Bryce Gibbs will be playing SANFL in 2020 with South Adelaide, not Glenelg.

The Bays today posted about 3 new recruits and advised Gibbs told them he'd not be playing for the Bays next year.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:49 am

Big Phil wrote:Andrew Capel just tweeted Bryce Gibbs will be playing SANFL in 2020 with South Adelaide, not Glenelg.

The Bays today posted about 3 new recruits and advised Gibbs told them he'd not be playing for the Bays next year.

GreatNews. Not sure he is the exact type of player we are looking for but..the attraction of playing in Navy Blue and white and singing a similar club song was clearly too much to resist.  Laughing
It should put a little extra spice into the Darley/Carey cup matches next season.
Anyway ... Bays stole Sneezer and Christie from us a few years ago, so revenge is a dish best served cold I guess..

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:57 pm

MEDIA RELEASE
The Panthers are pleased to welcome Bryce Gibbs to Flinders University Stadium in 2021.
The number 1 pick of the 2006 National Draft, Gibbs will take his services to South Adelaide.
Senior coach Jarrad Wright said that this was part of the process to help strengthen the Panthers midfield and also help develop the Panthers youth with his playing experience.
"It's exciting for our club to be able to attract a player of Bryce's experience and calibre."
"We were the second youngest league team in the competition throughout season 2020 and we had seven players under the age of 20 in our preliminary final side."
"Bryce will play a huge role in the development of our youth and but also add the experience and class to the midfield we need to take us another step forward in 2021."
Gibbs made his debut for Carlton in Round 1, 2007 where he would go on to play 231 games before returning to South Australia at the end of 2017, where he would play 36 games for the Crows.
New recruit Bryce Gibbs said he is really excited about the position that the club is in.
"I'm very excited, I still think I've got a lot to give in leadership and to come to a club that has a good mix of seasoned SANFL players and youth, it was a really good fit."
"I think the club is in a really good position, obviously had a pretty strong finals campaign last season."
"I feel as a player I can add to the group and can hopefully take us to the next step and that's to make and win a Grand Final."
"I will hopefully be able to help fast track the development of these kids who have the desire of playing senior footy at South, and who also have aspirations to play AFL."
"I've build some really good skills and experience over my 14-year career, and i think it would have been a waste if I had stepped away from this level of footy as I can pass on these skills and knowledge to these young players."
When asked if what Matthew Broadbent did in 2020 was a contributing factor to his decision, Gibbs said that he wants to find the love for the game like Broadbent did this year.
"Speaking to Matt (Broadbent), he found the love for footy again after a tough couple of years at the end of his AFL career, he really enjoyed the enthusiasm and energy that the kids brought."
"That was certainly very appealing, and I can relate to Matt, not through the injury side, but the last couple years of my AFL career had it's ups and downs and challenges"
"What I got out of that was that I want to enjoy my footy a bit more, and South Adelaide will give me the opportunity to do that."
"Really looking forward to meeting all the boys once we come out of lockdown.
Gibbs will also take-on a role with the Club within its underage talent programs.
As Player Development Manager Bryce will work closely with Talent Manager and Under-18 Coach Mark Clayton in the developing and mentoring footballers in the Club's talent pathway and throughout its Southern zone.
"The silky midfielder/half-back won the John Nicholls Medal as Carlton's best and fairest player in 2014 and achieved top-five finishes in eight of his 11 seasons at Princes Park.
In his debut season he also took home the Blues Best First Year Player award in 2007.
Gibbs captained SA's Under-16 team and played in the National Under-18 Championships, earning All Australian honours.
Over the 2018 off-season, Gibbs married his long-term partner Lauren Tscharke.
The pair have a son named Charlie and a daughter named Madison.
The South Adelaide Football Club would like to welcome Bryce, Lauren, Charlie and Madison to the Panther family.
Bryce Gibbs
• SA Under-16 Captain
• National Under-18 Championships, All Australian.
• Pick 1, 2006 National Draft
• 231 games for Carlton 2007-2017
• 36 games for Adelaide 2018-2020
• 152 goals
• John Nicholls Medal 2014
• Best First Year Player 2007
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:42 pm

I think Broadbent added a lot of solidity last year and Gibbs will add more.

I really like the way South are developing and can see them being serious contenders for years to come.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:47 pm

Jake Tarca back to South?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:00 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Jake Tarca back to South?

I hope so... he may replace the 2-3 we will lose in the draft.. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 pm

Hunter has re -signed with South for 2021, managed to shrug off plenty of interest from rival clubs.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 am

How many League games did Gibbs play for the Bays before he went to Carlton?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotty2hotty69 Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 am

I’m hearing rumours that Matt Knight from KOTN media who helped out with coaching at Centrals last season, has moved to Woodville Eagles in an assistant coach type role? Can anyone confirm?
Scotty2hotty69
Scotty2hotty69

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:44 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:How many League games did Gibbs play for the Bays before he went to Carlton?

29 games at Glenelg.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Scotty2hotty69 wrote:I’m hearing rumours that Matt Knight from KOTN media who helped out with coaching at Centrals last season, has moved to Woodville Eagles in an assistant coach type role? Can anyone confirm?

Pardon my ignorance but I can’t see what this has to do with South ?

Welcome aboard Scotty

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:57 pm

C.K wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:How many League games did Gibbs play for the Bays before he went to Carlton?

29 games at Glenelg.

Cheers Ck,
Just wondering if he would have had much affinity with the current Bays.
Not sure if his Dad still does.

But I guess South probably can offer a good deal for him.
With Broadbent they could become a pretty solid pair of "Generals" at half back and through the midfield.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 pm

You can see what's going to happen though can't you. Gibbs has a red hot start to the season and after Round 4 of the AFL fixture he gets drafted.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:You can see what's going to happen though can't you. Gibbs has a red hot start to the season and after Round 4 of the AFL fixture he gets drafted.

Doubtful in my opinion, not doubting he could be the dominant player in the comp & indeed win the Magarey Medal, what I doubt is any afl franchise picking up a 31 year old with his “alleged” off field problems, hell when he was on a list they wouldn’t pick him for that reason

Plus besides that the afl franchise teams tend to pick up ruckman from South so Hunter could be the one hunted by the franchises
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:47 pm

South have signed ex Panther Junior Jake Tarca..who was delisted by Geelong after 2 yrs at The Cattery. Small forward- can play.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:08 pm

I heard Conor Stone on the radio this morning talking about the draft, he said his dad spent some time at South Adelaide before the family moved to Victoria

I can’t recall his father, can anyone shed some light please
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:07 pm

bayman wrote:I heard Conor Stone on the radio this morning talking about the draft, he said his dad spent some time at South Adelaide before the family moved to Victoria

name certainly does not ring a bell with me..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:37 pm

Malcolm Karpany to Moonta fc.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:I heard Conor Stone on the radio this morning talking about the draft, he said his dad spent some time at South Adelaide before the family moved to Victoria

name certainly does not ring a bell with me..

if you have time can you find out & bit about the lads father please
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:04 pm

South lose McCreery and Highmore in successive picks.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:02 pm

Lost McGreery and Highmore- both proved to be very good league players this year. Also lost 2 very good juniors in Cook and Spicer.
Adversity is our middle name at South.....can hardly wait for the rookie draft tomorrow... Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Three South U18 midfielders named amongst the top 10 AFL draft hopefuls for 2021. Arlo Draper, Jason Horne and Matthew Roberts. Exciting times for the Panthers in 2021.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Aerie wrote:Three South U18 midfielders named amongst the top 10 AFL draft hopefuls for 2021. Arlo Draper, Jason Horne and Matthew Roberts. Exciting times for the Panthers in 2021.

Yes, shows the the time and money invested in our Junior Academy is paying dividends at last. A real emphasis was placed in this area under Gotch's reign, and the appointment of Tony Bamford as Junior Development manager at the same time.
In my opinion both Horne and Roberts are dead set guns, I havent seen much of Draper but reports are he is very very good also.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next