North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post new topic   

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Should be a classic, injury concerns to Redden & Goldsworthy has me thinking the pendulum is swinging towards a North victory


Has the sanfl erred?
Because last week in the preliminary final a yellow football was used as is usually the case with the late games, however now being a late season we are in daylight saving & there is no need to use a yellow football, so the traditional red one should be used in my opinion.......what do you think?
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7462
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by mickyj on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:52 pm

bayman wrote:Should be a classic, injury concerns to Redden & Goldsworthy has me thinking the pendulum is swinging towards a North victory


Has the sanfl erred?
Because last week in the preliminary final a yellow football was used as is usually the case with the late games, however now being a late season we are in daylight saving & there is no need to use a yellow football, so the traditional red one should be used in my opinion.......what do you think?

Sheedy has come out saying Redden and Goldsworthy are playing Sunday
We will see I guess
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2374
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Scrappy on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:58 pm

When I played football , in a previous century , at one club we used red footballs early in the sessions and then yellow when darkness set in and we had to use lights
So have to agree with Bayman- they dont have to use a yellow ball
Would a yellow ball be less visable if looking into the sun than a red ball ?

The other thing is should the umpires change thier outfits ?
The umps uniforms looked a bit like the Eagles guernseys in the prelim final
Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3793

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by mickyj on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Scrappy wrote:When I played football , in a previous century , at one club we used red footballs early in the sessions and then yellow when darkness set in and we had to use lights
So have to agree with Bayman- they dont have to use a yellow ball
Would a yellow ball be less visable if looking into the sun than a red ball ?

The other thing is should the umpires change thier outfits ?
The umps uniforms looked a bit like the Eagles guernseys in the prelim final

Funny you should mention the umpires uniform that’s come up on a Facebook sanfl page .
I’ll ask you what I asked those moaning about the umpires uniforms why after at a guess 5 years use ( spelly might know ) are you suddenly saying it clashes with the eagles .
Or more clearly why wait 5 years just before a grand final to say oh no they can’t wear those colours !!! Why wait so long
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2374
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Flag No.10 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Eagles for mine, regardless of the colour of the ball.
avatar
Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 2202
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by columbo on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Scrappy wrote:
The other thing is should the umpires change thier outfits ?
The umps uniforms looked a bit like the Eagles guernseys in the prelim final

Personally think they should be in fluro orange, no clash with any team.

C'arn the Eags!
columbo
columbo

Join date : 2012-01-31
Posts : 59
Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:40 am

Go with a pink one to launch us into the Test Cricket at Adelaide Oval!

I am going for Eagles....only so North don't get ahead of the Blues in the flag count! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 3060
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by bayman on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am

mickyj wrote:
Scrappy wrote:When I played football , in a previous century , at one club we used red footballs early in the sessions and then yellow when darkness set in and we had to use lights
So have to agree with Bayman- they dont have to use a yellow ball
Would a yellow ball be less visable if looking into the sun than a red ball ?

The other thing is should the umpires change thier outfits ?
The umps uniforms looked a bit like the Eagles guernseys in the prelim final

Funny you should mention the umpires uniform that’s come up on a Facebook sanfl page .
I’ll ask you what I asked those moaning about the umpires uniforms why after at a guess 5 years use ( spelly might know ) are you suddenly saying it clashes with the eagles .
Or more clearly why wait 5 years just before a grand final to say oh no they can’t wear those colours !!! Why wait so long

Scrappy, why didn’t you just say that the sanfl made a decision earlier in the week to have the umpires wear an alternative strip, I don’t know what the color scheme is though
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7462
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by goddy11 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Anyone watching the reserves on digital having issues. I can log in but can not see games list. Just comes up as home page.
goddy11
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 324
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Lee on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Try logging out and back in again.
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7282
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by goddy11 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Lee wrote:Try logging out and back in again.

Thanks Lee. Done it many times. Just comes up at the home page but shows no games. I press the reserves button but no drop downs.Today of all days Surprised
goddy11
goddy11

Join date : 2015-05-11
Posts : 324
Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Lee on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Eagles pack of nerves.

McNeil needs to lift.
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7282
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Lee on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Jones is a nervous wreck so far.

Half the Eagles are packing it, the other half look asleep.

North on song, but early days.
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7282
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Lee on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:12 pm

The Eagles didn't look as nervous that quarter Smile

Why Redden didn't start in ruck in the first quarter was strange.

Foote superb, Poole went from awful to great in 2 minutes, McNeil did lift.


Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7282
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Lee on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Well done to the Eagles, very much the best team all year.

Even allowing for restrictions, a crowd of 17,000 is disappointing.
Lee
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 7282
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Scrappy on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 pm

mickyj wrote:
Scrappy wrote:When I played football , in a previous century , at one club we used red footballs early in the sessions and then yellow when darkness set in and we had to use lights
So have to agree with Bayman- they dont have to use a yellow ball
Would a yellow ball be less visable if looking into the sun than a red ball ?

The other thing is should the umpires change thier outfits ?
The umps uniforms looked a bit like the Eagles guernseys in the prelim final

Funny you should mention the umpires uniform that’s come up on a Facebook sanfl page .
I’ll ask you what I asked those moaning about the umpires uniforms why after at a guess 5 years use ( spelly might know ) are you suddenly saying it clashes with the eagles .
Or more clearly why wait 5 years just before a grand final to say oh no they can’t wear those colours !!! Why wait so long


The umpires changed the colours of their outfits for this match   Shocked


Congratulations to all WWT barrackers
11 grand finals in 30 seasons is a very good effort
4 wins now is reward for a remarkably consistent football club
Scrappy
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3793

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by mickyj on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:47 pm

A great grand final win
I’ve even managed a chat with Footes grand father
Awesome day including the sun burn
North fans when losing so funny
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2374
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:59 am

Great win to the Eagles, the best team in the minor round went on to win the ultimate prize.

Also congrats to the SANFL and all the clubs, for pushing forward with the season and getting it finished when things looked pretty grim earlier in the year.

An interesting side issue to the game; the 9 goals the Eagles kicked in the second quarter was the highest 2nd quarter tally in a GF since West kicked 10 in the 1983 Grand Final. But the highest tally by a team in a quarter in a Grand Final was in 1938- with Port and South locked together at halftime , South came out of the break and booted 12.4 in the third quarter to Ports 2.3, game over. Souths' Laurie Cahill (jacks Uncle) was BOG .
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Join date : 2012-01-22
Posts : 728
Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 am

Well done to the Eagles. Finally after about 5 years or so at the top of the sanfl, they cracked it.

That second quarter was something else. Game over after that.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 3060
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:26 pm

That second quarter was the best quarter of footy I’ve seen in a long time, was breathtaking to watch as a neutral
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7462
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by mickyj on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:45 pm

bayman wrote:That second quarter was the best quarter of footy I’ve seen in a long time, was breathtaking to watch as a neutral

As an Eagles fan it was awesome to watch and the best way to stop opposition fans and confuse channel 7 commentary team
Come through the Centrals you dogs years to finally hear Eagles Eagles eagles chants makes a fan happy
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2374
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:30 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:That second quarter was the best quarter of footy I’ve seen in a long time, was breathtaking to watch as a neutral

As an Eagles fan it was awesome to watch and the best way to stop opposition fans and confuse channel 7 commentary team
Come through the Centrals you dogs years to finally hear Eagles Eagles eagles chants makes a fan happy

You should have stopped at “watch”

There’s no need to have a crack at the ch 7 commentators (who actually do a great job) & the North & Central supporters, be gracious instead of vindictive
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7462
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by mickyj on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:40 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:That second quarter was the best quarter of footy I’ve seen in a long time, was breathtaking to watch as a neutral

As an Eagles fan it was awesome to watch and the best way to stop opposition fans and confuse channel 7 commentary team
Come through the Centrals you dogs years to finally hear Eagles Eagles eagles chants makes a fan happy

You should have stopped at “watch”

There’s no need to have a crack at the ch 7 commentators (who actually do a great job) & the North & Central supporters, be gracious instead of vindictive

Sorry no way was I being vindictive
I was trying to state that channel 7 people were in shock from the way the Eagles turned the game around

No idea why you think that is vindictive
Maybe you need to take a good look at yourself
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2374
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Really?
Why mention the other three then ?

All you had to say was

“As an Eagles fan it was awesome to watch”

No need for the other stuff, just disrespectful at best

As for looking at myself, you are correct, Lee has asked me to come back a few times so slowly I have, obviously it was a mistake
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7462
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by mickyj on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:57 pm

bayman wrote:Really?
Why mention the other three then ?

All you had to say was

“As an Eagles fan it was awesome to watch”

No need for the other stuff, just disrespectful at best

As for looking at myself, you are correct, Lee has asked me to come back a few times so slowly I have, obviously it was a mistake

I still have no idea how disrespectful I was
Are you saying I should say nothing ok i will never answer one of your posts again
You have issues against me for some reason so I will never ever quote or answer your posts again . If this was a Facebook page I’d block you and we’d never see each other’s posts
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2374
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

North v Eagles grand final 2020 Empty Re: North v Eagles grand final 2020

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


Post new topic   
 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum