blueandwhite
Scrappy
goddy11
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Digital Pass Empty Digital Pass

Post by Lee Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:52 pm

I watched West's game on the Digital Pass.

West were dreadful, but it was frustrating watching on the Pass.

Good commentary from Big Phil, but the sound was just ahead of the vision, which meant the crowd cheered a mark before the ball had been seen to be marked.

Very frustrating from an app that is difficult to navigate at the best of times.

As for the game, Central should have won by more, they dominated the second half.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Digital Pass Empty Re: Digital Pass

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Agree Lee, I had the same issue.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:33 pm

It’s not great to watch any game like 70/80s radio and vision about the same
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Tonight the pass has been rubbish picture gone and an add for a priemership medal then adds for a car crash .
Pity it’s a cheap thing to produce
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:18 am

mickyj wrote:Tonight the pass has been rubbish picture gone and an add for a priemership medal then adds for a car crash .

What ?
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:Tonight the pass has been rubbish picture gone and an add for a priemership medal then adds for a car crash .

What ?

On the digital pass last night second quarter it left the game and went to the SANFLW premier ship ring . We could hear the commentators in the back ground while the ring designer was talking . Then when the game came back we had the game on the sound went low and we could hear the Ami insurance add then a person saying they are a sanflw
Women’s trainer .
Was really really bad . You watched the game on the pass did it happen to you ?

And I saw on Facebook by the eagles the week before the SANFL played the wrong game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:58 pm

I’ve put posts up on sanfl Facebook pages
A few people also had issues with last nights digital pass
Wasn’t just me

I’m told by my family there was complaints on Twitter about the pass last night
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:16 am

It's a shockingly poor app. Very user unfriendly.

I'd like to know why there are no stats for the Reserves all season? Covid would be blamed, but that seems a cop out.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:36 am

Lee wrote:It's a shockingly poor app.  Very user unfriendly.

I'd like to know why there are no stats for the Reserves all season?  Covid would be blamed, but that seems a cop out.

I'm not sure how it looks on a tablet or phone. I view the DP through my laptop with a good broadband infeed. Mickey was talking in part last Friday night where some must have pressed a commercial but and the feed diverted to the SANFL while the audio was in the background. WE have to realise the production cost of a quality camera at each game as well as the cameraman.
On the reserves your correct. I am not sure why not real time stats available. Maybe some of those in the SANFL can get out from behind their desks and roll up their sleeve and help out.

FYI the local NPL soccer league televise each match . The match of the week has commentary and all are available on YouTube for free. The quality is similar or slightly less depending on how good the camera guy is.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:15 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Lee wrote:It's a shockingly poor app.  Very user unfriendly.

I'd like to know why there are no stats for the Reserves all season?  Covid would be blamed, but that seems a cop out.

I'm not sure how it looks on a tablet or phone. I view the DP through my laptop with a good broadband infeed. Mickey was talking in part last Friday night where some must have pressed a commercial but and the feed diverted to the SANFL while the audio was in the background. WE have to realise the production cost of a quality camera at each game as well as the cameraman.
On the reserves your correct. I am not sure why not real time stats available. Maybe some of those in the SANFL can get out from behind their desks and roll up their sleeve and help out.

FYI the local NPL soccer league televise each match . The match of the week has commentary and all are available on YouTube for free. The quality is similar or slightly less depending on how good the camera guy is.

Micky just had nbn Installed Thursday so it shouldn’t
Be the internet .
We run a hdmi cable from laptop to tv and watch it on the big screen .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm

Watched the West v Sturt match
I thought Peter Argent with his special comments was informative

As for the Digital Pass , overall Im pleased with it
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:06 pm

Actually have a Southie mate who lives/works in a "compound" Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.....he thinks that the Digital pass along with "bootleg alcohol" is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:28 pm

Overall I think its great. Better than nothing, a lot better. I think some of the issues may be the media people are watching it on. When I was in Europe last year I watched it with no problems. Their nbn though is superior to ours.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 pm

goddy11 wrote:Overall I think its great. Better than nothing, a lot better. I think some of the issues may be the media people are watching it on. When I was in Europe last year I watched it with no problems. Their nbn though is superior to ours.

I watched it a few times last year due to health issues .
This years is better but
Adverts going over the game was shocking . I’ve seen complaints on Facebook and Twitter.
Eagles v North game
It was totally awful
One being told the north and eagles line ups but at both times only norths team was up . Same game hearing how one North player played for one amateur team over and over and over in one
Quarter was boring . The mistake of saying North scored when it was the eagles we can forgive that .

I know it’s the best the sanfl can do but sometimes maybe a bit more quality control such as whoever presses the advert buttons doesn’t over ride the game .

You mention the NBN overseas my family watched a WWE pay for view today on the WWE network . First time on Optus nbn far superior than one on ADSL and far better than the digital pass mind you lots of money in the WWE
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:21 pm

$29-95 for the digital pass
You get to see 60 matches , including finals
That works out to 50 cents a match

I cant get to the matches , so the digital pass , is much appreciated
The other thing is a couple of blasts from the past on the commentary team
Peter Argent and Doug Robertson , its great listening to these 2 guys

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:22 pm

mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Overall I think its great. Better than nothing, a lot better. I think some of the issues may be the media people are watching it on. When I was in Europe last year I watched it with no problems. Their nbn though is superior to ours.

This years is better but
Adverts going over the game was shocking . I’ve seen complaints on Facebook and Twitter.
Eagles v North game
It was totally awful
One being told the north and eagles line ups but at both times only norths team was up . Same game hearing how one North player played for one amateur team over and over and over in one
Quarter was boring . The mistake of saying North scored when it was the eagles we can forgive that .

I know it’s the best the sanfl can do but sometimes maybe a bit more quality control such as whoever presses the advert buttons doesn’t over ride the game .

You mention the NBN overseas my family watched a WWE pay for view today on the WWE network . First time on Optus nbn far superior than one on ADSL and far better than the digital  pass mind you lots of money in the WWE

I actually viewed the digital on hotel Wi-Fi. That's what I meant. European speeds are quicker than ours. The digital pass actually as I said before might be excessive in cost as the soccer people do it for free on YouTube, but I am happy to donate to my club. I enjoy going to the games but in the Covid period I have become to used to the digital. I don't miss attending at the moment. I may go down on Saturday to Myponga to watch the Mudlarks and watch our game on C7 on Sunday.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:23 pm

Scrappy wrote:$29-95 for the digital pass
You get to see 60 matches , including finals
That works out to 50 cents a match

I cant get to the matches , so the digital pass , is much appreciated
The other thing is a couple of blasts from the past on the commentary team
Peter Argent and Doug Robertson , its great listening to these 2 guys

+1
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:28 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

This years is better but
Eagles v North game
It was totally awful

You mention the NBN overseas my family watched a WWE pay for view today on the WWE network . First time on Optus nbn far superior than one on ADSL and far better than the digital  pass mind you lots of money in the WWE

I actually viewed the digital on hotel Wi-Fi. That's what I meant. European speeds are quicker than ours. The digital pass actually as I said before might be excessive in cost as the soccer people do it for free on YouTube, but I am happy to donate to my club. I enjoy going to the games but in the Covid period I have become to used to the digital. I don't miss attending at the moment. I may go down on Saturday to Myponga to watch the Mudlarks and watch our game on C7 on Sunday.

So a bit like One from Asia
That’s MMA
It’s free on you tube
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:54 pm

No problem with the commentators or pictures, just the technicalities of the App at times.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:08 pm

I have problems with a lot of the commentators. Peter Walsh is excruciating and easily distracted. They often don't know the players well enough. And quite how Peter Argent managed to get 'Harrison Emblem' out of Hamish Ellam is bewildering, but he did several times.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 am

Flag No.10 wrote:I have problems with a lot of the commentators. Peter Walsh is excruciating and easily distracted. They often don't know the players well enough. And quite how Peter Argent managed to get 'Harrison Emblem' out of Hamish Ellam is bewildering, but he did several times.

Peter Walsh practically ruined the SANFLW Grand Final coverage with his jibberish throughout the game.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:22 am

Lee wrote:No problem with the commentators or pictures, just the technicalities of the App at times.

Lee we use a hdmi cord from laptop to tv makes seeing it easier
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 am

mickyj wrote:
Lee wrote:No problem with the commentators or pictures, just the technicalities of the App at times.

Why not use wifi connection
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 am

blacky wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Why not use wifi connection

Not sure how to but it’s easy plugging the cord into my tv
I’m an old fart whatever is easy works for me
We got NBN Thursday last week game was Friday night you have to give me time to get used to it . **** I just had Optus hounding me with text messages to do a survey and two phone calls to nudge me to do a survey for them !
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:43 am

When I try to log in on m,y TV, it wont let me.

No problem with the laptop or phone.

Looks like my IT skills are hopeless.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next