Chances for this year - Norwood

2 posters

Go down

Chances for this year - Norwood Empty Chances for this year - Norwood

Post by Lee Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:13 pm

OK, Norwood fans, do you fancy your chances this year?

Some losses from last year, but Dawe, Bode and Georgiou had all seen better days. I thought Ed Smart retired prematurely, but 'Legs' fans would know better than me. Spephens and Taheny are losses, but hadn't played much, while the other losses are Reserves players looking for an opportunity.

The midfield, already strong with Panos and Grigg (will he be the same fit player as before last year?), will be the best in the league with the addition of Bastinac and Douglas. Up forward, watch out for new recruit Nick Rokahr, who I xchecked out before he went to Norwood, can play and take a strong mark for his size. Irra and Ellison add depth.

All in all, I see Norwood as close to favourite for 2020 on the strength of the midfield. They're used tobeing favourites, but haven't quite delivered.

Perhaps the time has come.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Chances for this year - Norwood Empty Re: Chances for this year - Norwood

Post by Scrunch Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 am

Dawe and Bode had certainly seen better days and maybe George to a degree, but he leaves a hole that's probably now the biggest unknown about Norwood's list. Hopefully one of the young lads from last seasons reserves premiership can hold down a key defensive post - In fact we'll likely need a couple of them should McKenzie or Talia go down, and the latter does to seem to always miss a few games. Rest of the squad looks midfield and small-forward strong, how the new forward KPP hopes turn out is probably the other unknown that could make or break them.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 am

Who is the new forward KPP, Scrunch?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Lee wrote:Who is the new forward KPP, Scrunch?

Think they'll be hoping either or both of Pinyan and Ellison can offer something in that department mate. Will be an interesting shift in dynamic. Whilst Dawe in his own right wasn't a Key forward and individually seemed to deliver less in the last year or two, he gave a good contest and was rarely outmarked.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Dawe always seemed to bob up and take a couple of big marks for goals against Westies.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Lee wrote:Dawe always seemed to bob up and take a couple of big marks for goals against Westies.

He wasn't a forward in the traditional sense, in terms of leading - He was more that bomb it long and he'll compete. Youre right from memory he did seem to go OK against West, in his early days at Norwood he also seemed to play well against the Eagles more often than not. Was a very enigmatic type, could do some remarkable things but not always regularly.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down