Brucetiki
howthewestwaswon
waddayamean
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Central V South - Page 2 Empty Re: Central V South

Post by Lee Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:54 pm

South seemed to be playing some good footy, but looked to have problems in defence.

How did those who were there see both sides performance?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Centrals played the ground beautifully. Keeping it wide where we had to chase them. Symes and Boyd stand outs that we seemed to play catch up footy with.
Like I have said in previous posts on other footy web sites....our defense really worries me. I would love to have Wundke and McKernnan in the forward lines and maybe drop Ainger back to CHB so something like he did last year (just a suggestion) but we dont have them so we really need a tall defender.
The usual suspects in Liddle, Cross busted their guts out today and you could really see the guys at the end of the game hurting. I really felt sorry for them as its always them that seem to be the ones week after week putting their body on the line when others go missing. Total respect these guys and they are the envy of every SANFL club out there.
Stribling looked injured but kept trying.
Bass was solid up forward and week after week his confindence grows.
I also liked the young lad , Miller on his 2nd game and I see a big future with him. Rolfe good today too.
The "big" named recruits have struggled. By now I would have expected a little more from them. I know its early but with their experience I would be hoping for more.
Once again, we had that game by the 3/4 time siren. We did not finish it off like Sturt the other week. Im worried.
We have not played 4 1/4's of good footy so far this year.
To be honest, I would not have thought South would be where they are at the start of the year....not just me but rival supporters too. We are better than this. We were predicted top 5 by many but so far looking at other sides we are no where near this yet.
We need to win Friday night (versus Glenelg at The Bay) and get as many South suporters out there...even met for a drink before to support them. (I dont want to be the only bloke with a South Scarf at the Holdy!!! )We need to regroup, focus and get on with it. Its still early so lets hope we can come back from here....see you out there Friday
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Could have sworn I'd already read that Southee...
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Could have sworn I'd already read that Southee...

Just spreading the gospel Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Good post, though.

Worth reading twice Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:59 pm

redandblack wrote:Good post, though.

Worth reading twice Very Happy

Agreed!

Liddle seems critical to South's chances. Maybe more so than any other player is for their team. God help 'em if he goes down with a long term injury...
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

waddayamean wrote:Liddle is a great player and without him they'd be in trouble .With a couple of injuries now they are struggling due to having no depth.

I think it will once again be a one off finals appearance for South.

No finals = knives will be sharpening...
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:No finals = knives will be sharpening...

Think that is highly unlikely CC!

I have to say that should South finish bottom this season it still would not make a scrap of difference, the club did the right thing IMO in giving him the 5 year Contract and will see it out accordingly.

Souths problems are generational over time in nature, simply changing the coach wont fix it, - its been tried many times before and failed dismally to bring us to where we are today.

Ron needs every support from the club and its members for the full five years of the contract whilst the board of the club addresses the various other issues that make uncompetitive for the standard required in the SANFL. Ron on his own is nothing like the solution to the clubs problems, the more SAFC people that wake up and realise this fact the better!

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Correct Ben W.

Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Ben W wrote:
Cambridge Clarrie wrote:No finals = knives will be sharpening...

Think that is highly unlikely CC!

I have to say that should South finish bottom this season it still would not make a scrap of difference, the club did the right thing IMO in giving him the 5 year Contract and will see it out accordingly.

Souths problems are generational over time in nature, simply changing the coach wont fix it, - its been tried many times before and failed dismally to bring us to where we are today.

Ron needs every support from the club and its members for the full five years of the contract whilst the board of the club addresses the various other issues that make uncompetitive for the standard required in the SANFL. Ron on his own is nothing like the solution to the clubs problems, the more SAFC people that wake up and realise this fact the better!

I agree! I just hope the SAFC Board does. Let's face it; on history, it's not a certainty...
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:45 am

Southee wrote:
The usual suspects in Liddle, Cross busted their guts out today and you could really see the guys at the end of the game hurting. I really felt sorry for them as its always them that seem to be the ones week after week putting their body on the line when others go missing. Total respect these guys and they are the envy of every SANFL club out there.
I reckon the league could do with a few more blokes like these suiting up week after week.

On the game, even when the 'Dogs were 26 points up in the second quarter (about 17 or 18 minutes in), they'd burned off 18 "scoring shots" to South's seven by that stage. I wasn't overly surprised to see South with a bit more in the tank and closing in on them in the 10 minutes to half time.

That said, even in the two losses Centrals had found a bit extra in the mid part of the respective third quarters and yesterday was no different.

Averaging 11 goals per game against (nine, 10 and 14), now in familiar positive territory for / against wise.

Watched bits of the game on replay later in the evening, and as Roy pointed out after match it will take time for the newer blokes to build an "affiliation" with each other and the team set-up. Clearance, delivery and skills better. Westy found a bit of stride; Marschall, solid again under pressure. Boyd, very good, Nason and Symes also. Hardy, accustomed defender picking up 5 goals.

The 10 second Hannath ruck / Boyd / Westhoff goal in the last was textbook.

For South, Cross and Liddle (as mentioned) and Murphy with 94 disposals between them.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match3/

Post also at http://cdfc.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3166&p=46269#p46269
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:28 am

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

Central - 20.13 = 133

South - 14.5 = 89

Doggies win by 44 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central - J.Hardy 5, R.Williams, M.Westhoff 3, T.Goodrem, E.Sansbury 2, P.Thomas, C.Gowans, B.Nason, J.Boyd, J.Templeton 1

South - P.Rolfe 4, D.Bass, D.Hourigan 2, A.Ainger, J.Cross, N.Daniel, K.Brooksby, T.McKay, K.Miller 1

LEADING STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

Central - B.Symes 34, J.Boyd 30, B.Nason 22, P.Marschall 21, R.Williams 21, T.Goodrem 17, C.Gowans 17, M.Westhoff 14, J.Hardy 10

South - J.Cross 34, N.Murphy 31, N.Liddle 29, T.Stribling 17, A.Ainger 16, K.Miller 16, T.McKay 15, N.Daniel 14, P.Rolfe 14

CLEARANCES:

Central - 41 (J.Boyd 8, B.Symes 5, J.Schiller 3, T.Goodrem 3, C.Gowans 2)

South - 52 (N.Murphy 10, J.Cross 10, N.Liddle 7, N.Daniel 7, T.McKay 5)

INSIDE 50's:

Central - 56 (J.Boyd 8, B.Nason 7, L.Habel 6, E.Sansbury 6, B.Symes 4)

South - 46 (J.Cross 6, N.Liddle 6, P.Rolfe 5, K.Miller 4, T.Stribling 3)

HIT OUTS:

Central - 37 (J.Hannath 21, J.Hardy 10)

South - 47 (D.Bass 21, K.Brooksby 18)

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Central - 10.11 = 71

South - 10.2 = 62

Doggies win by 9 points

RESERVES GOAL KICKERS:

Central - J.Lawton, D.Orval 2, A.Cullen, T.Boyd, J.Vater, T.Ryan, J.Waldhuter, M.Claughton 1

South - C.De Visser 2, T.Redden, A.Rigney, M.Leonard, J.Veide, M.Spencley, Ty. Brown, S.Taylor 1

RESERVES FINAL STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

Central - J.Vater 29, S.Colquhoun 27, J.Wittwer 26, J.Gowans 22, T.Boyd 22, J.Martin 17, A.Fry 17, M.White 16, J.Lawton 8

South - S.Taylor 30, A.Moyle 30, C.Perrey 29, J.Veide 27, C.De Visser 24, D.Scott-Collings, B.Dowdell 20, T.Redden 19

CROWD: 2,254 at Playford Alive Oval, Elizabeth
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:15 am

Top post, StrayDog.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Millsy wrote:Terrible deliberate decision against south.

Absolutely Mind boggling!!! Mad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:03 am

redandblack wrote:Top post, StrayDog.
Thanks r&b. Smile
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:28 am

Southee wrote:

And from Tony Dey as well. Surely someone with his experience should know better. Absolute blunder

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Southee wrote:

And from Tony Dey as well. Surely someone with his experience should know better. Absolute blunder

i haven't seen this vision so can't comment on it, but all i can say is Tony Dey & sensible umpiring doesn't happen much at all

young Ronald Macdonald who umpired the Port v Norwood reserves match has a better understanding of football than Tony Dey has ever had, his voice to the players was outstanding.......i heard him say this yesterday after he gave a free as a player said ''c'mon ump'' the umpire replied 'i know there was no malice in it but you copped him high so i have to pay the free'......to me that is umpiring use the voice & blow the whistle for free kicks
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2