Saturday 1.10pm, Flinders University Stadium

Broadcast: SEN SA 1629 and Digital Pass

Who will take the points down south?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 6: South v West Empty Re: Round 6: South v West

Post by blueandwhite Thu May 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Panthers havent beaten West in their last 3 matches. The 2 defeats last year cost South a double chance in the finals,its time to turn the tables.
Panthers to get up in this one, returning to form after a poor showing last week,in the battle of the original 2 CBD clubs.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm

SOUTH
South coach Jarrad Wright has rewarded the outstanding form of one of his forwards ahead of the match against West on Saturday.
Former Northern Territory goalsneak Kyle Emery has been recalled to the line up after kicking seven of the Panthers’ 11 goals in the Reserves last round.
Emery has been joined in the 23-man squad by midfielder Ben Heaslip and defender Jaidan Kappler, who have both been elevated from the Reserves.
RAA Rookie Brett Kennedy has been relegated after making his debut against Sturt in Round 5.
League
F: Noble, Overall, Emery
HF: Heaslip, Whittlesea, Karpany
C: Irra, Cross, Haren
HB: Haines, Cailotto, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Summerton

R: Knoll, Davis, Liddle
INT: Fitt, Kappler, Sampson, McKinnon, Hoey
IN: Heaslip, Kappler, Emery
OUT: Kennedy

Reserves
Badger, Baker, Beeche, Beenham, Coleman, Colwell, Elmes, Fairlie, Grimley, Juckers, Kennedy, Loneragan, Lovering, Manuel, McGree, Mills, Milsom, Snelling, Tucker, Whitbread.
Under-18
F: Riddle, Freitag, Horne
HF: Oliver, Reed, Nye
C: Spicer, Clifton, McCreery
HB: Spacie, Sladojevic, Douglass
B: Austin, Hindes, Jones
R: Williams, Sampson, Kraemer
INT: Hamilton, Pettiford, Fitzgerald, Flett, Barter, Ryan, Draper, Sweetman, Kernahan

WEST
West Adelaide has lost some pace for its contest against South on Saturday.
Speedy wingman Murray Waite (hamstring) and elusive forward Gibson Turner (knee) will both miss up to a fortnight with injury.
Thier absence has been offset by the recall of Ken Karpany and Nathan Batley while Lachlan Evans and Hugh Haysman have also been added to the 23-man squad.
Karpany and Batley have been named in the starting 18 while the latter pair must survive the cut on the five-man extended interchange bench.
League
F: B. Turner, Beech, Wasley-Black
HF: Noble, Middleton, Karpany
C: Johnson, Snelling, Batley
HB: Fairlie, Keough, Willsmore
B: Hill, Ryan, Dunkin

R: Parrella, Schmidt, K. Stevens
INT: Anderson, Laube, H. Haysman, L. Evans, J. Evans
IN: Batley, Karpany, L. Evans, H. Haysman
OUT: Waite (hamstring), G. Turner (knee)
Reserves
Hupfeld, Cleeland, Pilli0n, R. Stevens, Bates, Inglis, Kirk, Gallaway, Lynch, Heitmann, Majok, Caruso, Noonan, Osborn, Morrish, Gutsche, Rana, May, Moore, J. Bentley, G. Haysman.
Under-18
Jolly, Ebert, O’Connor-Dawkins, Brauer, J. Westley, Iuliano, Stakic, Bailye, Fielke, Rundle, Heitmann, Wooldridge, Morelli, Van den Berg, Nunan, Chamberlain, Nield, Gilbert, Sareen, Henty-Smith, Groom, Pederick, Sinderberry, Anderson, Talbot, Boughen.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Big game for both clubs if they want to play finals. I think South will be too strong at home.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat May 04, 2019 8:05 am

Round 6: South v West Rd_6_s12
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 am

I think what's happened is that for some bizarre reason West have spent pre-season preparing for an AFLX shortened version of the game, at which we'd be quite good. But this regular length version of footy is a bit of a shock to us.
South were so dreadful in the first half that I think it's quite an achievement to manage to lose to them by 5 goals.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun May 05, 2019 9:43 pm

Perhaps one of the worst halves of football in living memory from the Panthers. Fortunately some semblance of skill and method returned in the second half to come from behind and secure the points. Much work to be done from here and sadly the injury count is growing. Id suggest that both Liddle & Cross are both injured and in serious doubt for state duties, along with Irra- hamstring and Haren-leg.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon May 06, 2019 12:44 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Perhaps one of the worst halves of football in living memory from the Panthers. Fortunately some semblance of skill and method returned in the second half to come from behind and secure the points. Much work to be  done from here  and sadly the injury count is growing. Id suggest that both Liddle & Cross are both injured and in serious doubt for state duties, along with Irra- hamstring and Haren-leg.

Ouch, they are some very important players to have out at the same time.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down