Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019 Empty WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019

Post by Scrappy Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am

WA V EG
Friday 19/4/2019
Richmond Oval
2:10pm start

WA still maidens after 3 games and need to draw first blood this season starting with this game
A WA loss and at 0-4 would all but put out finals aspirations
EG find themselves 1-2 having only beaten NA in round , prob not good enough for a team touted as a Premiership chance pre-season
A win and 2-2 puts them in a reasonable position, however a loss and 1-3 would be a poor start to the season
I expect EG should be winning this game
WA may not win this match, but one thing for sure, the Richmond BBQ is always a winner
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019 Empty Re: WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Scrappy wrote:WA V EG
Friday 19/4/2019
Richmond Oval
2:10pm start

WA still maidens after 3 games and need to draw first blood this season starting with this game
A WA loss and at 0-4 would all but put out finals aspirations
EG find themselves 1-2 having only beaten NA in round , prob not good enough for a team touted as a Premiership chance pre-season
A win and 2-2 puts them in a reasonable position, however a loss and 1-3 would be a poor start to the season
I expect EG should be winning this game
WA may not win this match, but one thing for sure, the Richmond BBQ is always a winner

I’m interested in seeing which Eagles team shows up grr or more seriously.
Do the Eagles have players coming back into the league this week .
Guess we will know about the side tomorrow
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019 Empty Re: WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019

Post by southern bulldog Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 pm

Im assuming you wont be posting the Eagles side this week just in case you offend anyone
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 am

The last time WA defeated WWT in this comp was the 2015 Grand Final
Since that game WA has not been able to produce a winning score
56 and this match was the lowest losing margin which was 21 points

WA simply have to find a method of increased scoring to beat WWT
Perhaps this fool forward line might be the answer
First Blood...Thiele....Lee
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:30 am

southern bulldog wrote:Im assuming you wont be posting the Eagles side this week just in case you offend anyone

Good question Admin have told me its fine to post the teams.
This week hopefully
A no one is offended otherwise stiff cheese
B no family emergencies this week the ER isn’t great . And it wasn’t me this time .

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:31 am

Scrappy wrote:The last time WA defeated WWT in this comp was the 2015 Grand Final
Since that game WA has not been able to produce a winning score
56 and this match was the lowest losing margin which was 21 points

WA simply have to find a method of increased scoring to beat WWT
Perhaps this fool forward line might be the answer
First Blood...Thiele....Lee

Very good post love a laugh
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:45 am

Guilhaus and N. Hayes trained with reserves, I would think N. Hayes does not play at all and Seb. plays in the reserves.
Pickett and Mead selected in Aust. U18 team to play Casey on Saturday, so they will miss the match on Friday.
Toumpas, Lonergan, Sinor and Giuffreda trained in the league squad of 23. West was also in the squad of 23.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 am

Feathers wrote:Guilhaus and N. Hayes trained with reserves, I would think N. Hayes does not play at all and Seb. plays in the reserves.
Pickett and Mead selected in Aust. U18 team to play Casey on Saturday, so they will miss the match on Friday.
Toumpas, Lonergan, Sinor and Giuffreda trained in the league squad of 23. West was also in the squad of 23.

If big Seb is available he should play. Last game was NT GF. It appears a handy lot of injured players to come back. JT needs a run in the 2's.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:44 am

goddy11 wrote:
Feathers wrote:Guilhaus and N. Hayes trained with reserves, I would think N. Hayes does not play at all and Seb. plays in the reserves.

If big Seb is available he should play. Last game was NT GF. It appears a handy lot of injured players to come back. JT needs a run in the 2's.

I agree with goddy11 on big Seb eagles need him
JT in the seconds wouldn’t hurt either
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 pm

I would rather have an under done Jimmy T. in the team than a few others.
Seb might be paying a club penalty!!!!!
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Feathers wrote:I would rather have an under done Jimmy T. in the team than a few others.
Seb might be paying a club penalty!!!!!

That works
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:05 pm

WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019 Round-15WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019 Round-16
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has opted to make at least two unforced changes for the clash against the Eagles on Good Friday.
Brett Turner and Kenneth Karpany have been sent back to the Reserves, paving the way for Isaac Johnson and Dallas Willsmore to return to the starting 18.
Willsmore has served a one-match ban from the SANFL Match Review Panel while Johnson had 20 disposals and kicked two goals in the Reserves last round.
Keelan Laube, who has played just one Statewide Super League game, and Aaron Anderson have been added to the five-man extended interchange bench.
League
F: G. Turner, Middleton, Johnson
HF: Snelling, Beech, Schmidt
C: Willsmore, Fairlie, Waite
HB: L. Evans, Wasley-Black, J. Evans
B: Dunkin, Keough, Ryan

R: Parrella, Schiller, Noble
INT: K. Stevens, Anderson, Hill, Laube, Batley
IN: Laube, Johnson, Wllsmore, Anderson
OUT: B. Turner, Karpany

Reserves
Karpany, Hupfeld, Cleeland, B. Turner, Pillion, R. Stevens, Bates, Inglis, Kirk, Gallaway, Lynch, Majok, Caruso, Noonan, Osborn, Morish, Gutsche, Patterson, May, Moore, J. Bentley.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has opted to make at least two unforced changes for the clash against the Eagles on Good Friday.
Brett Turner and Kenneth Karpany have been sent back to the Reserves, paving the way for Isaac Johnson and Dallas Willsmore to return to the starting 18.
Willsmore has served a one-match ban from the SANFL Match Review Panel while Johnson had 20 disposals and kicked two goals in the Reserves last round.
Keelan Laube, who has played just one Statewide Super League game, and Aaron Anderson have been added to the five-man extended interchange bench.
League
F: G. Turner, Middleton, Johnson
HF: Snelling, Beech, Schmidt
C: Willsmore, Fairlie, Waite
HB: L. Evans, Wasley-Black, J. Evans
B: Dunkin, Keough, Ryan

R: Parrella, Schiller, Noble
INT: K. Stevens, Anderson, Hill, Laube, Batley
IN: Laube, Johnson, Wllsmore, Anderson
OUT: B. Turner, Karpany

Reserves
Karpany, Hupfeld, Cleeland, B. Turner, Pillion, R. Stevens, Bates, Inglis, Kirk, Gallaway, Lynch, Majok, Caruso, Noonan, Osborn, Morish, Gutsche, Patterson, May, Moore, J. Bentley.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:33 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens will welcome back a favourite son for the Good Friday clash with West.
2011 premiership player Jimmy Toumpas will play his first game in the Eagles’ tri-colours since Round 8 2012 after recovering from minor ankle surgery which restricted his pre-season.
Toumpas has been joined by co-captain Pat Giuffreda, former Gold Goast Sun Jesse Lonergan, ruckman Jordan West, goalsneak Jake Johansen and running defender Joseph Sinor.
West will replace Jarrad Redden who has a heel problem while Angus Poole (quad) and Jake Westbrook (ankle) have injury complaints.
Exciting teenager Kysaiah Pickett has been called up for AFL Academy duty.
League
F: Haylock, J. Hayes, Rowe
HF: Petrenko, Von Bertouch, Lonergan
C: Boyd, Foote, Hall
HB: Toumpas, Thompson, Goldsworthy
B: Rowland, Giuffreda, J. Gaffney

R: West, Firns, Sharrad
INT: Johansen, Sinor, Heinjus, Lewis, C. Gaffney
IN: Toumpas, Lonergan, West, Johansen, Sinor, Giuffreda
OUT: J. Redden (heel), Poole (quad), Westbrook (ankle), Pickett (AFL Academy)
Reserves
Comitogianni, Weidemann, Lee, Nason, Cook, E. Miller, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Bruce, Morgan, Guilhaus, McPherson, Davis, Moore, McLeod, Langcake, McNeil, Coff.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am

WEST ADELAIDE V EAGLES ROUND 4 -2019 Rd_4_w10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Great win by the bloods
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Was a great win by West saw them last week against us and they were awful.Couldnt have predicted that performance where does that put the Eagles at the moment.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:51 am

southern bulldog wrote:Was a great win by West saw them last week against us and they were awful.Couldnt have predicted that performance where does that put the Eagles at the moment.

Same as west 1 win
Eagles looked disinterested disheartened and too old and slow
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:20 am

I think it showed that the Eagles need one or two quicker players to complement the team. As we saw with Westies, things can change quickly.

I thought Josh Ryan was great opposed to Hayes, Snelling with 42 touches was superb, Murray Waite was quick and his
best game so far, Beech and Keough were great.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am

Lee wrote:I think it showed that the Eagles need one or two quicker players to complement the team. As we saw with Westies, things can change quickly.

I thought Josh Ryan was great opposed to Hayes, Snelling with 42 touches was superb, Murray Waite was quick and his
best game so far, Beech and Keough were great.
Eagles had zero pace
Redden being an out hurt
Not enough forwards
No run
No game plan
From talking to other fans some players have gone past their use by date .

However saying that big Seb should be in next week
Not saying the bald umpire helped west but clearly his umpiring was not up to sanfl league standard . Now there was two bald umpires but one was shocking
Let’s say Rowe was being held onto going for a mark a metre away from Baldie play on ball goes to west’s forward line same tactic west forward being held whistle free kick three umpires two with one set of rules and one with another .

But the eagles were rubbish
West were fast and well drilled
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 am

Will Snelling's performance was outstanding. 43 touches at a high efficiency, which often meant a West Adelaide clearance. Redden's absence helped West, with Parella doing well. After a poor game at central, suddenly West had 3 marking forwards, Middleton, Keough and Beech (14 marks).

The unheralded Murray Waite on a wing gave us pace and line-breaking. Easily his best game for us and he'll keep developing, along with Fairlie, Dunkin & Co.

Josh Ryan was terrific on Hayes, a real old-fashioned, close checking full back.

John Noble has to be one of the most under-rated players in the SANFL, was great again yesterday and his pace and work rate was tried in the midfield at times with outstanding success.

The Eagles will respond, but may look to change their mix a bit, to inject some more run.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 am

Was Seb 17 in the reserves for Eagles if so he cant kick to save his life. I never bag umpires but I swear they tried to keep Eagles in the game. Some decision's for both sides were questionable. Eagles to old to slow.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:10 am

I can't remember when Eagles last lost three in a row
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:51 am

Thiele wrote:Was Seb 17 in the reserves for Eagles if so he cant kick to save his life. I never bag umpires but I swear they tried to keep Eagles in the game. Some decision's for both sides were questionable. Eagles to old to slow.

No he wears 37
Still has kicking issues was in the NT GF and one of the best on ground
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next