Scrappy
Big Phil
blueandwhite
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

South Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by goddy11 Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:00 pm

This seems concerning at this time of the year. From the AFL website

"SYDNEY is set to make an 11th hour bid to fill its final list spot on Friday, flying two state league players to the Harbour City for medical screenings.
Just seven days out from the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) deadline, South Adelaide's Hayden McLean and former Magpie Sam McLarty will jet into Sydney."

5AA saying South invested a lot into McLean and could lose him for nothing. Crazy.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

South Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: South Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by blueandwhite Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:This seems concerning at this time of the year. From the AFL website

"SYDNEY is set to make an 11th hour bid to fill its final list spot on Friday, flying two state league players to the Harbour City for medical screenings.
Just seven days out from the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) deadline, South Adelaide's Hayden McLean and former Magpie Sam McLarty will jet into Sydney."

5AA saying South invested a lot into McLean and could lose him for nothing. Crazy.

Crazy doesnt even begin to describe the way I feel about this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:01 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
goddy11 wrote:This seems concerning at this time of the year. From the AFL website

Crazy doesnt even begin to describe the way I feel about this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Invested......time, money, job, accommodation and other resources........to receive sweet F.A back !

Just about done with this competition South Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 2860823718  .....LIVID!!! Evil or Very Mad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:15 pm

How do SANFL contracts work. Is there any recourse or compo? This late in the season how does a club recruit a similar player to replace him.

The rookie draft used to be the end of AFL intrusion into our comp. Now they have the sup lists , academies etc. Where will it end. Killing grass roots. Good on the player have a second chance though.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:49 pm

goddy11 wrote:How do SANFL contracts work. Is there any recourse or compo? This late in the season how does a club recruit a similar player to replace him.

The rookie draft used to be the end of AFL intrusion into our comp. Now they have the sup lists , academies etc. Where will it end. Killing grass roots. Good on the player have a second chance though.

Gives us 3 weeks to find a replacement player before the season starts....
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:33 pm

if the so called ''experts'' can't have their lists properly ready by the end of November then they should employ people who can

Southee, i hear you but that's what they want, they want the diehards (who are the ones that understand football) to give up completely & then it'll be carte blanche for the franchises in the Victorian based league
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Southee wrote:
goddy11 wrote:How do SANFL contracts work. Is there any recourse or compo? This late in the season how does a club recruit a similar player to replace him.

Gives us 3 weeks to find a replacement player before the season starts....

Southee, I am hearing South get no compo at all. That stinks but also did South have to pay a transfer fee to his old club get this player. If yes the SANFL needs to get involved as they should be looking after our clubs , first and foremost. Our comp needs to change its contracts to demand adequate compo. The mid year draft will bring this to a head yet our leaders appear not to be doing anything. (of course we are talking Olsen)

Last edited by goddy11 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 pm

I don't think there's any transfer fees now between VFL and SANFL.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:25 pm

South had not yet paid his transfer fee. However they had found the lad accommodation and work, not to mention the costs of recruiting the lad, to have him snatched away a week or so before the first bounce. Good luck to the lad though, apparently he was an excellent player and a decent human being as well.
The thing that gets me is the timing of this though. McLean had been overlooked by AFL clubs in the past 2 National drafts after captaining Vic Metro at U/18 level.He is 197cm and a lead up forward /ruckman who can take a grab- yep we should be able to replace him no problem!!!
I understand that South have mentioned the word Compensation to both the AFL, Sydney and the SANFL....SOuth were told to seek compensation from the player.....FFS!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Surely you say (seek compensation from the player) that in jest

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm

It won’t be long before there will be a draft every Monday to cover inadequate recruiting
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm

B & W, you're right. I'd be spewing if that was a West recruit. The amount of time and effort going into recruiting a player is enormous and the AFL are pathetic.

The other problem is that South can't replace him, far too late.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Lee wrote:B & W, you're right. I'd be spewing if that was a West recruit.  The amount of time and effort going into recruiting a player is enormous and the AFL are pathetic.

The other problem is that South can't replace him, far too late.

if the afl can have draft after draft, why can't South do the same & pluck someone else ? no because they have RESPECT for other clubs & competitions
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:05 am

Listened to South's CEO on radio and he said what they had already spent on Mclean had to be included in their salary cap, if that's correct this whole business stinks.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:53 am

Feathers wrote:Listened to South's CEO on radio and he said what they had already spent on Mclean had to be included in their salary cap, if that's correct this whole business stinks.

If that’s true then it is an absolute joke.....common sense is to have it null & void, however common sense & the sanfl sadly can not be used in the same sentence these days.....I wonder whether the lad at St Kilda (sorry I can’t think of his name) with the heart problem that has pulled out for 12 months has his contract included this year or not given they’ve picked another player up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Did a replacement for Hayden Macleans’ sudden departure get game time just before half time in yesterdays trial ?....Jake Roberts
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Panthers chase compo from AFL

WARREN PARTLAND
THE AFL has so far ignored South Adelaide’s request for compensation after losing forward Hayden McLean on the eve of the SANFL season in the controversial pre-season supplementary draft.
The Panthers have asked the AFL for $20,000 as reimbursement for expenses in relocating McLean to South Australia and payments to the former Vic Metro vice-captain.
Recruited from Sandringham after being overlooked in last year’s draft, McLean was picked up by AFL club Sydney under the new draft rules as a replacement for injured defender Jack Maibaum.
The bid for compensation by the Panthers follows a similar move by Melbourne suburban club Doncaster East to seek as much as $200,000 from the AFL after losing former Norwood and Carlton tall Sam Rowe to St Kilda.
“We would like someone to repay the money paid to Hayden and we don’t think it should come from the player,” Panthers’ chief executive Neill Sharpe said.
“We should be reimbursed for the time he spent with us.
“Around $20,000 to take our player at this time of the year is fair and reasonable.
“It is disappointing to have had no response from the AFL. We recruited Hayden and brought him to Adelaide, and have lost him for nothing.”

What's the bet Doncaster get compo before SA? Maybe not $200k but substantial.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:Panthers chase compo from AFL

WARREN PARTLAND
THE AFL has so far ignored South Adelaide’s request for compensation after losing forward Hayden McLean on the eve of the SANFL season in the controversial pre-season supplementary draft.
The Panthers have asked the AFL for $20,000 as reimbursement for expenses in relocating McLean to South Australia and payments to the former Vic Metro vice-captain.
Recruited from Sandringham after being overlooked in last year’s draft, McLean was picked up by AFL club Sydney under the new draft rules as a replacement for injured defender Jack Maibaum.
The bid for compensation by the Panthers follows a similar move by Melbourne suburban club Doncaster East to seek as much as $200,000 from the AFL after losing former Norwood and Carlton tall Sam Rowe to St Kilda.
“We would like someone to repay the money paid to Hayden and we don’t think it should come from the player,” Panthers’ chief executive Neill Sharpe said.
“We should be reimbursed for the time he spent with us.
“Around $20,000 to take our player at this time of the year is fair and reasonable.
“It is disappointing to have had no response from the AFL. We recruited Hayden and brought him to Adelaide, and have lost him for nothing.”

What's the bet Doncaster get compo before SA? Maybe not $200k but substantial.

..I think Sharpy left off a zero!! Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:38 am

According to Mr Rucci on SEN this morning, the afl argument is that they give the sanfl $400,000.00 per year & the sanfl decides what to do with it & all 8 clubs get an equal share so in effect they’ve already been compensated.......I didn’t even know this happened but is this compensation?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am

bayman wrote:According to Mr Rucci on SEN this morning, the afl argument is that they give the sanfl $400,000.00 per year & the sanfl decides what to do with it & all 8 clubs get an equal share so in effect they’ve already been compensated.......I didn’t even know this happened but is this compensation?

I'd say that is BS.

Personally I'd like to see South take this further. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:34 am

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:According to Mr Rucci on SEN this morning, the afl argument is that they give the sanfl $400,000.00 per year & the sanfl decides what to do with it & all 8 clubs get an equal share so in effect they’ve already been compensated.......I didn’t even know this happened but is this compensation?

I'd say that is BS.

Personally I'd like to see South take this further. Twisted Evil

We all should be so grateful the AFL is so generous and throwing money at all our clubs. Not. Peanuts only. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Seriously, what is the SANFL doing to protect the interest of ALL SANFL clubs. It appears nothing. Perhaps all SANFL contracts need re-writing to allow for compo in case of situations like this. It is fair enough for players to seek their AFL dream but the club comes first. Let the SANFL concentrate on core business rather than hotels.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Adelaide pays $400,000 per year, which goes to the clubs at $50,000 per club. Port do not pay anything, as they argue they were one of the original clubs and have foregone their share of SANFL assets (I think).
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Not that I want to defend the AFL but I think they also give the SANFL something like $1million a year for game development.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Lee wrote:Adelaide pays $400,000 per year, which goes to the clubs at $50,000 per club.  Port do not pay anything, as they argue they were one of the original clubs and have foregone their share of SANFL assets (I think).

Forget Adelaide pay to play in the sanfl, Mr Rucci categorically stated the afl pay the sanfl $400,000.00 to do with what they want with this money which is split up between the 8 clubs....I would like to know if this is true ? Or is he mixed up with the Adelaide payment?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:37 pm

bayman wrote:
Lee wrote:Adelaide pays $400,000 per year, which goes to the clubs at $50,000 per club.  Port do not pay anything, as they argue they were one of the original clubs and have foregone their share of SANFL assets (I think).

Forget Adelaide pay to play in the sanfl, Mr Rucci categorically stated the afl pay the sanfl $400,000.00 to do with what they want with this money which is split up between the 8 clubs....I would like to know if this is true ? Or is he mixed up with the Adelaide payment?

Can you mention Rucci and facts in the same sentence. Mmmm. Rolling Eyes

Maybe Port should pay a Port (Brexit ) like tax for leaving a train on squad in the SANFL. Doesn't the AFL own its licence now?

It would be nice therefore to receive a contribution from Port for participating.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next