Scrappy
firstblood
Lee
oldfella
bayman
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 3 Empty Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by Scrappy Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:01 am

I am not aware of all the facts , so it would be somewhat speculative to post on why young Lee has vacated the Bruce Lindner position at the club

What I can comment is
This is to do with all The Presidents of all the SANFL clubs that I have met or been associated with
That young Lee is the nicest prez Ive met
On every single occasion Ive been at Milner Street , he has been a terric bloke to myself, and to my mates as well, and none of us are WA barrackers
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 3 Empty Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm

oldfella wrote:

As i said a while ago, (with the exception of Sturt) members of the other 6 clubs should be asking questions at thier own clubs as i believe you are on the SANFL list as well.

Just for my own information, I enquired about the current constitution of the Sturt FC (couldn't find it anywhere) and it was altered 2 years ago.

As it currently stands the total number on the current Board is up to eight which includes the President.
4 are elected from the club membership and up to 4 are appointed by the elected board members.
The President is then elected from within the board.

On my reading f it, this differs to the new WAFC structure, where only 2 are elected from the member base.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Mate,

Thanks for that info reference the Sturt board and that is exactly what we who opposed wanted at minimum at Westies so members still had some control over the future of the club

what we got was a board of 7 with 5 direct appointed and only 2 member elected so clearly apart from lip service members at westies have no control of club.

But, its what the majority of members who voted supported so we move on.

Surprised you did not know that Sturts constitution was changed as i though members would have to be notified and vote on changes?

I suggest supporters of the other 6 remaining original clubs question thier club and directors as i believe we were the first but the rest will follow in due time.
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 pm

I thought it was on the SFC web site, but it wasn't.
Had to ask the GM for a copy and she said it would be put back up there.

I can't recall if the change was to do with the Board composition. But given that there have been few changes on the board in that time, I don't think so.

She did day the 8 might reduce to 6 at some stage, but not sure if that would be a reduction of 2 elected or 2 appointed. The way it is worded at the moment, I would venture it would be the latter. I guess we'll see in due course.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Well said, oldfella. Shame only a few voted at Westies, but "it is what it is" (It was what it was!!) Mad
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:59 am

Scrappy wrote:I am not aware of all the facts , so it would be somewhat speculative to post on why young Lee has vacated the Bruce Lindner position at the club

What I can  comment is
This is to do with all The Presidents of all the SANFL clubs that I have met or been associated with
That young Lee is the nicest prez Ive met
On every single occasion Ive been at Milner Street , he has been a terric bloke to myself, and to my mates as well, and none of us are WA barrackers

Thanks Scrappy, that's very kind of you.

I always enjoyed our catch-ups.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Did West Adelaide forget they were hosting SANFLW matches tonight.

No BBQ and pretty much ran out of food at half time of the first match.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:08 am

Brucetiki wrote:Did West Adelaide forget they were hosting SANFLW matches tonight.

How many were there ?
How many would have they catered for ?

would be very hard to know whether it would be worthwhile to open the bbq up i would think

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:Did West Adelaide forget they were hosting SANFLW matches tonight.

How many were there ?

would be very hard to know  whether it would be worthwhile  to open the  bbq up i would think

Around the 500 mark. There were less at the Reserves Finals last year and they had more catering for those matches.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Thanks, was just curious, I’d suggest it was an oversight or they didn’t think they would get that many in attendance, I’m sure that’ll be rectified next time especially if it’s another double header, thank again
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:22 pm

bayman wrote:

How many were there ?

would be very hard to know  whether it would be worthwhile  to open the  bbq up i would think

They were hoping for around 1000. I am sure would been able to go over to the club and get something
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Congrats Firstblood Logan Hill and Craig Lewis on Life Membership last night
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Trial result. West 7.10 d Glenelg 7.6.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm

Trial result.

Scores approximate. West. 11.11

Central. 11.9

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3