Scrappy
firstblood
Lee
oldfella
bayman
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  Empty West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by bayman Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Start discussing....

Schmidt will be a handy acquisition
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  Empty Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by Lee Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Izak Rankin will be drafted, so an out.

Chris Burgess also likely drafted, another out.

Jason Porplyzia and Daniel Webb have retired.

Chris Schmidt an in.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  Empty Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by oldfella Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:28 pm

It is my uneducated opinioj that we are still in the early stages of rebuild and given the losses lee predicts then a critical part of next season will be our recruiting of targetted hard bodied, good skilled senior player to put around the kids still in the early stages of thier league career.

I do think we have quite a number of players blooded and educated i feel they are ready to take the next step up . Given this i feel confident that we wlli have a good season with a chance of making final
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:55 pm

PATRICK LEVICKI
Great pick up for West AdeLEEaide

Just some advice after seeing him play for Norwood

The advice is for the ball stewards, First Blood, Thiele and Lahlan the ground announcer
This is imperative, make sure Patrick shoots for goal from at least 60 meters out
Otherwise crowd spectators are in grave danger of being hit by the football

One of Patrick Levickis great football skills is that he is a thumping kick
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Has settled in very well, although we've already lost 8 footballs.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Scrappy wrote:PATRICK LEVICKI
Great pick up for West AdeLEEaide

Just some advice after seeing him play for Norwood

The advice is for the ball stewards, First Blood, Thiele and Lahlan the ground announcer
This is imperative, make sure Patrick shoots for goal from at least 60 meters out
Otherwise crowd spectators are in grave danger of being hit by the football

One of Patrick Levickis great football skills is that he is a thumping kick

It's ok, got it covered, i'l send Thiele down into the back creek for the day to retrieve footies. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:08 am

INS
CLEELAND
LEVICKI
SCHMIDT
SNELLING
STEVENS
WILLSMORE

OUTS
BURGESS
FAVRETTO
FIELKE
HOLLIDAY
PETER
PORPLYZIA
RANKINE
WEBB
WILSON

Chris Burgess[Gold Coast] , really hit his straps in 2018, but now gone , a major loss
Izak Rankine [Gold Coast] , a potential star AFL player
Daniel Webb [retired] did some amazing things on a football field
The Jason [retired] what a player , what a career
Aaron Fielke [retired] a lovely career at the club

Premiership players and ball magnets Will Snelling and Chris Schmidt will really help the midfield in 2019
Pat superboot Levicki , will be a good key defender
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Reading elsewhere that some issues at West off field ?
I think West are in front on gains and losses .
The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm

The G wrote:Reading elsewhere that some issues at West off field ?
I think West are in front on gains and losses .

Yeah, just heard the board has been stood down

Without too many details I’m sure we should get some answers on this forum from those close to the club
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:55 pm

This is a wonderful example of a rumour having a life of its own Very Happy

There will be a statement on the club website very soon which will give the facts.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:11 pm

From the WAFC website

There has been much totally incorrect speculation in the media and social media about the possible changes to our Constitution and the future of our current Board.

Let me make it clear that the Board cannot be, and has not been, stood down. The Board will continue as normal until the next Annual General Meeting, as required by our Constitution. If the members accept the proposed changes to the Constitution, the Board will still continue until the next AGM. At that stage, all Board members will resign to facilitate the process, if it is adopted by the members.

Boards over the past few years have taken the Club from a position of insolvency to a position where our financial future is now in no doubt. We will again also announce another healthy profit soon and are on track to be close to debt-free within 4 years. We still have many financial and trading challenges to overcome and we continue to appreciate the assistance of the SANFL as we work in partnership to strengthen our Club.

The current Board includes passionate and skilled West Adelaide people, with expertise, integrity and experience across a wide range of issues that affect the Club.

As President, I can state that the Board exists to serve the members and to ensure our club is strong, we live our values and we field successful football teams. On that topic, we have efficiently and successfully recruited early for season 2019 and look forward to members enjoying what they see on the field next year.

Lee Harradine

President
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Note to WAFC members...
if you want to have little or no say in who your Board members are; if you want the SANFL to micromanage your club then you should probably vote YES to these proposed changes.

If you want to stay in control , select who you want on your Board, vote NO.

believe me, going down this path will make your membership almost worthless. West have clearly got their act together financially over the last 12 months with their current set up, so why change it? -just to pacify "the thought police". Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm

To be fair and balanced there is some good ideas within the prposed constitution amendments but these can be achieved under the existing constitution.

It has been stated that one aim is to bring in young quality professional person however is also stated that the do not want to front election by members but want free pass direct appointment --- several told me they do not want to take the chance of being embarrest if not elected ----- not sure thier attitude is right

For all the bull being talked about this is an SANFL driven attempt to take control of the club from members
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Wow re last paragraph, if true & if happens it would happen at all clubs & be close to the last step of OUR competition becoming aflsa which in turn will make it a complete feeder league ONLY
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Starting to argue with myself on this...…… Razz West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  3991484760
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 am

RODH2 wrote:Starting to argue with myself on this...……  Razz   West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  3991484760

Whats new i always knew you were scitso LOL

Biggest issue for me as a life member is the direct attack on member say in the operation of the club which i cannot and will not stand by and let happen ---- yes there is 2 member elected board members but this is blatant lip service when one considers there will be 5 appointed  ---- if they had proposed a 50/50 split of members elected and appointed board members with the president being an extra odd number and only voting to break a dead lock.

Most if not all proposed can be achieved within the existing constitution without attacking the members rights

Last edited by oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 am

I can't find anything to argue with in what you say, oldfella, particularly in view of Westies resurgence just lately both on and off the oval.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:32 am

I don't understand what the proposed changes mean, or what effect they may have if other clubs went the same way.

Can someone please enlighten me?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 am

In the simplest term the key issue of what is proposed is for there to be only 2 member elect board member against 5 appointed board member further neither of the 2 member elected board members can be president or vice president

So member would have no effective impute control of thier club  yes there is 2 member elected board members but this is blatant lip service when one considers there will be 5 appointed

As per my earlier post above there is also some good ideas proposed but all of these can be achieved within the existing constitution without members control being attacked

I believe this is driven by the SANFL and is aimed at gaining by proxy control of the clubs  at the expense of individual members of the clubs

Whilst you may be happy with how this arrangement works at STURT where i believe the majority of the board is non member elected and obviously the finacial side appears to be working since this matter has come up i have been contacted by several Sturt members and also Crows members all who raise issues of no longer feeling like the have a part in the club
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 am

Sorry chambo forgot to add -- have a read on bloodntars fan site as concerns are well discussed there
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Thanks,

So the President and VP would be appointed rather than elected members?

A board has obligations collectively and it doesn't matter if you are appointed or elected from that angle. So if there are only 2 elected members, the others could form a block that potentially lead things astray. That wouldn't give the 2 elected members much comfort.

I sit on a national board where there cannot be more than 50% appointed directors for the reasons you have stated.

I would be wary of a change where representation is not equitable.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Under the proposed change, who selects the 5 non-member elected people?

Purely from an outsiders perspective, Westies appear to have been making great strides in recent years with a plan to continue the improvement, so unless there’s anything of significance I’m overlooking, then I hope the members vote it down. Then perhaps if the SANFL are still keen to introduce change to their structure they can go back to the drawing board and propose a more balanced model.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm

I said it earlier, this would be just another step towards being aflsa with “our clubs” being told what happens rather than at least trying to have a discussion & getting a point across
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:40 pm

If the constitutional amendments get up and to get thing rolling there has been 3 person named to form the first nomination committee who will select the nominate unelected board members

There after the 3 members of the nomination committee will be nominated and appointed by the board with no member impute then the nomination committee will direct appoint board members ------ call me cynical but i see a small circle forming there

Based on the proposed amendments apart from appoint nomination committee member it appears this group is totally separate and not under any control of the board hmmmmm

Silliest part is they can have this nominations committee under the present constitution as can most of the ideas within the proposal..

No mate it is a direct attempt to remove control of the club from the members and that will be resisted as strong as we members can.

Reference how the club is going see president comment above ---- profit again 3 years in a row and club debt free in 4 years

Biggest issue for me as a life member is the direct attack on member say in the operation of the club which i cannot and will not stand by and let happen ---- yes there is 2 member elected board members but this is blatant lip service when one considers there will be 5 appointed  ---- if they had proposed a 50/50 split of members elected and appointed board members with the president being an extra odd number and only voting to break a dead lock.

oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Maybe being a little cynical on my part, but if this desire for change is SANFL driven, what will they be “holding over the club(s)” to try and get them to push it through?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next