Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

4 posters

Go down

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:04 am

Eagles v Adelaide
Sunday 12 August
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

League: 2:10pm

The Eagles have their annual community carnival day against the Crows, and are hoping for a big crowd. Will the Eagles celebrate in front of the big crowd, or will Adelaide spoil the party?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by PhilH Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Sanfl_10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by PhilH Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 12 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2018_e10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:11 pm

League
F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Gray
HF: Sharrad, J. Hayes, Petrenko
C: Hall, Lewis, Haylock
HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Stewart
B: Rowland, Von Bertouch, Sinor

R: Borholm, Poole, Boyd
INT: Westbrook, Giuffreda, Rowe, Guilhaus, Moore

IN: Rowe, Guihaus, Giuffreda, Moore
OUT: Lukosius (illness), Redden (soreness)
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Jared Petrenko and Angus Poole will share a very special milestone this Sunday at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval as they both run out for their 100th Macca’s League Match against Adelaide. However the journey for both of these Eagles stars in getting to this milestone is quite the opposite.

Jared, originally from Portland Football Club in the Eagles metro zone, was a highly rated Eagles junior playing his first league match as a 17 year old in 2007. Jared was then drafted to Adelaide as a defender in the 2008 rookie draft where he would play 76 games predominately as a small forward. When Jared was delisted prematurely at the end of the 2014 season, he had no hesitation in returning to Oval Avenue where he has become one of the premier midfielders of the SANFL. General Manager of Football Luke Powell said, “It is a credit to Jared as a person the way he has returned to the Club and not only performed at a high level but also in driving the strong Eagles family culture.”

Angus, originally from Kadina Football Club in the Eagles country zone, also came through the Eagles junior programs progressing to the senior squad in 2011. A regular midfield spot was hard to come by with the likes of Luke Powell, Justin Cicollela, Scott Lewis and Angus Rowntree running through there which meant Angus was forced to work on his game in the Reserves where he performed strongly, winning the 2012 Reserves Magarey Medal. Angus’ breakthrough season in the league came in 2013 where he played 14 games and he hasn’t looked back with his hard attack on the ball setting the standard for the team. Senior Coach Michael Godden said, “Angus’ hard work and dedication to get the most out of himself as a player is a credit to him and he is a great role model for the younger players. He is a great Club man and the sort of person all Club’s need.”

Congratulations to both players on reaching
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:40 pm

Some useful ins for Adelaide as players return from injury including Kelly, McGovern, Poholke and Edwards.
I think the Crows will get an upset win here by a goal.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:27 am

Not much being said about yesterday's game .
Was interesting to notice the forwadline midfield changes to cope with the height differences with the crows.
After the first quarter Eagles worked smarter lots of shorter passes and handballs. First saw the Eagles kick the ball to many times to the crows back men.
Great seeing Rowe improving over the year .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Ended up going to this game with a mate, and one thing lead to another, and I ended up as one of the Crows flag holders for the kids parade.

Have to say the pre-game stuff and kids parade was really well organised by Phil and the Eagles. Well done.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum