SANFL Commentators - All who called

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SANFL Commentators - All who called - Page 3 Empty Re: SANFL Commentators - All who called

Post by bayman on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:09 pm

While not a commentator as in radio or tv, i thought it was worth mentioning that the great man ''24222'' wrote for the paper about the 1975 grand final, i've watched the replay & it was mentioned in the call by Max Hall (i think) that paraphrasing ''Richie Benaud was here for the grand final & reporting for his paper''

in hindsight why Kerls took Butch off Dillon at 3/4 time is beyond me, mind you had Fred kicked straight it would not have mattered, them the breaks
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

SANFL Commentators - All who called - Page 3 Empty Re: SANFL Commentators - All who called

Post by C.K on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Big Phil wrote:
C.K wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:I don't know if this is drawing a long bow but John Callaghan and Jim Hough call the games for the SANFL on the Internet.
Also as well as the well known media commentators like PhilH, Big Phil and CK, I believe another regular poster who may have the best all round knowledge of the SANFL of any poster was a special comments man for a North vs South game about 6 yeas ago.

My apologies, RR, I missed this post for some reason. Racking the memory banks about who you mean there?

Not Andy Lee, CK !!!

Clearly missing Hamish Blake that day Very Happy
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Very remiss not to mention Jon Symonds of Life FM.
Doug Robertson (formerly of The Advertiser) also
Miles Pfitzner.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Paul Bonsor
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 pm

Ken Sheldon
Steven Trigg
Michael Aish
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Sun May 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Some 1079 Life from past & present
: Doug Oakley
: Julian Burton
: Tom Basso
: Bevan Jones
: Patrick Goldsmith

Others
David Wildy (many SANFL called)
Stephen Rowe
Brenton Yates
Dale Lewis
Andrew Jarman
Mark Soderstrom
John Casey
Tim Ginevar
Rhett Biglands

I think Chris Kendall holds the record for most outlets broadcasting games on with 7 : Pine Lodge, 891 ABC radio, ABCTV, RPH, Life, Digital Pass and SEN (v2)

John Nankivell and myself would be 6

In addition to that
Chris hosted a SANFL Show on C31 in 2006 (involving many of us) and was ocassionally on fiveaa SANFL show
At its busiest I would talk SANFL on Chris's C31 show, Fiveaa SANFL show, Radio TAB (at 6.10am on a Monday morning) and Coast FM.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum